McCain's surge

Seriously don't compare the one term Senator Obama to JFK, was JFK the most liberal member of the Senate, I think not, would Barrack Obama stand up to Russia like JFK did, I think not.

You are banking way too much on the so-called lack of experience of Obama. Experience can certainly help, but as mentioned it is no guarantee of what type of leader a person will be. Nixon is a prime example...as already mentioned. People without leadership experience can still be excellent leaders. Just ask college dropout Bill Gates.

Look to one of the most successful entrepenuers of all time.... Oprah... all the great decisions she made throughout her career, building a media empire. Well known for being both compassionate and shrewd in her business dealings. A natural leader.... and she supports Obama. I don't agree with many of his policies, but I think Obama would be a good leader.

McCain has a very good chance at winning. At least according to the current polls he does. Especially if the Dems nominate Hillary.

McCain has NO, ZERO, ZILCH, NADA chance of ever becoming president.

He's the republican nominee by default and he's running on fumes and out of money.

He's boderline lunatic when it comes to war and war is his only issue.

Think Goldwater.

THEY can say whatever they want, his name is not on the ballot. And come September hers might not be either.

I know. I was just being an ass.

I do hope Obama pulls it off, even though McCain would have a harder time winning, I just don't want to chance 8 more years of the Clintons.

What is it with righties and picking on Demoncrat first ladies, or first gentlemen for that matter ?
There's only one I've heard them "picking on" and she put herself out there for it. Lady Bird was never "picked on", nor was Carter's wife. It seems history shows that Laura is the first to really be beat up on for just being First Lady, and it wasn't by the right.

He's the republican nominee by default and he's running on fumes and out of money.

Think Goldwater.

Right. Have the Dems put up Hillary. See how much of a chance he has. The money will come in once he gets the nomination. It already started flowing once Rudi dropped out.

Against Obama I would agree that he doesn't have as good a chance, but you are kidding yourself if you think this is a runaway victory for the Dems.

After 1980-1992 the rightwing thought that they were owed the whitehouse. Clinton's win was a major blow to the rightwing. I remember the DAY AFTER the election Rush was saying that Clinton would diestroy the economy and kill job growth and all that other shit. The Republicans felt entitled and they feel that way again even after the goat screw that is Iraq and the concentration of power in the hands of the executive. Just think how frightened you all will be if Hillary does get elected and gets the oval office with all the power that that Bush left her. You all will be shitting down both legs about signing statements, and screaming at the top of your lungs when her vice president says he is not part of the executive and therefore doesn't have to turn papers over to the national archive. The whole thing is almost funny enough to vote for Hillary. But not quite.

You are banking way too much on the so-called lack of experience of Obama. Experience can certainly help, but as mentioned it is no guarantee of what type of leader a person will be. Nixon is a prime example...as already mentioned. People without leadership experience can still be excellent leaders. Just ask college dropout Bill Gates.

Look to one of the most successful entrepenuers of all time.... Oprah... all the great decisions she made throughout her career, building a media empire. Well known for being both compassionate and shrewd in her business dealings. A natural leader.... and she supports Obama. I don't agree with many of his policies, but I think Obama would be a good leader.

Ok but you mention accomplished people, I happen to think the Presidency is an office for an accomplished individual. I'm not saying people can't rise from nothing, but the Presidency is not a place for that test. Obama is just not ready, not to mention only one term and already rated the most liberal member of the senate, I mean he passed Ted Kennedy in one year.

It is a long time till Nov., And I think things will get worse instead of better before then. Don't be counting any chickens yet.

Think Goldwater.

wrong he's up big in the polls

http://realclearpolitics.com/polls/

And taking in money...

His campaign says that its fundraising for the month of January alone has surpassed the $7 million it raised in the last three months of 2007...

Ok but you mention accomplished people, I happen to think the Presidency is an office for an accomplished individual. I'm not saying people can't rise from nothing, but the Presidency is not a place for that test. Obama is just not ready, not to mention only one term and already rated the most liberal member of the senate, I mean he passed Ted Kennedy in one year.

I could care less what those "most liberal/conservative" surveys show. Because they are based off what that particular group THINKS are the proper ways to vote to be considered conservative or liberal.

Not to say that Obama isn't too liberal for my tastes, he is. But Hillary is far worse. Also, keep in mind that the President should be someone who can lead the COUNTRY... not just one party or the other. JFK did it. Reagan did it. Obama can do it too.

As I stated, Obama is too liberal for my tastes... so McCain will get my vote. But that doesn't mean Obama cannot lead. He would be a far more effective leader than Hillary.

I could care less what those "most liberal/conservative" surveys show. Because they are based off what that particular group THINKS are the proper ways to vote to be considered conservative or liberal.

Not to say that Obama isn't too liberal for my tastes, he is. But Hillary is far worse. Also, keep in mind that the President should be someone who can lead the COUNTRY... not just one party or the other. JFK did it. Reagan did it. Obama can do it too.

As I stated, Obama is too liberal for my tastes... so McCain will get my vote. But that doesn't mean Obama cannot lead. He would be a far more effective leader than Hillary.
And herein lay the real problem. Republicans are now satifisfied with having a President of the Republican Party and NOT a President of the United States. Bush has acted as the leader of a portion of the American people and the rest get bent. The Republican party is now fine with that. So long as they keep their grasp on power.

Well don't forget McCain has a record of reaching across the Isle, once again, something Obama promises, McCain has a record of...

Right. Have the Dems put up Hillary. See how much of a chance he has. The money will come in once he gets the nomination. It already started flowing once Rudi dropped out.

Against Obama I would agree that he doesn't have as good a chance, but you are kidding yourself if you think this is a runaway victory for the Dems.

"Runaway" would imply that an actual race has taken place .. and I wouldn't go that far.

Hillary would spank McCain ass overwhelmingly.

Here's the problem .. although the right would be up in arms .. there just ain't (eb) that many of you left. You'd be no more effective at rallying the troops against Hillary than you are at stopping McCain.

Back