More hypocrisy....no apology to LaPierre

NOVA

U. S. NAVY Veteran
The ridicule heaped on LaPierre (NRA) suggestions on school safety....

Watching Mr. Wayne LaPierre of the NRA deliver his analysis on how to handle school tragedies across our nation, I had to sit down because I became nauseated from his suggestions.
I can only try to force myself to accept LaPierre’s suggestions to arm our schools with armed guards .......Rockford Register Start

Mayor Emanuel (D) Blasts NRA School Safety Plan As ‘Outrageous And Unsettling................Chicago Mayor

The National Rifle Association represents the values of corporations that make firearms and sell ammunition, and its CEO, Wayne LaPierre, is acting true to form.
According to its Web site, announced in Washington on Friday that the organization plans to harness a vast reserve of “qualified active and retired police; active, reserve and retired military; security professionals; certified firefighters, … rescue personnel; and an extraordinary corps of patriotic, trained qualified citizens” to be trained, armed and stationed on playgrounds and in classrooms across America....Washington Post

Asking citizens to defend America’s students by taking up guns and prowling school hallways is not the solution to shootings......it’s a false security. The Tribune

Yet, the first day children go back to school in 2013, what is going on.......ALL SEVEN SCHOOLS in the Sandy Hook Area now have ARMED GUARDS and police presence to guard the children on their first back for the new year....

HOW ABOUT THAT.....DOING EXACTLY WHAT THE NRA SUGGESTED THEY DO.....and no apology to LaPierre or the NRA ?

......what asshole hypocrites the lefties are.....

The ridicule heaped on LaPierre (NRA) suggestions on school safety....

Yet, the first day children go back to school in 2013, what is going on.......ALL SEVEN SCHOOLS in the Sandy Hook Area now have ARMED GUARDS and police presence to guard the children on their first back for the new year....

HOW ABOUT THAT.....DOING EXACTLY WHAT THE NRA SUGGESTED THEY DO.....and no apology to LaPierre or the NRA ?

......what asshole hypocrites the lefties are.....
Fail.

NRA suggested arming teachers. I'm quite sure the police presence was going to happen, regardless of the delusional Lapierre's comments.

Now the malls will be a better target.

Fail.

NRA suggested arming teachers. I'm quite sure the police presence was going to happen, regardless of the delusional Lapierre's comments.

Now the malls will be a better target.
\

YOU were sure police in schools was going to happen, but LaPierre was delusional to suggest it....????
Are you on meds or just exceptionally stupid. ?

=============================================
Armed Teachers ?
Is that liberal spin or do you have a quote.....doesn't really matter to me....an armed teacher is better than nothing.

Wayne LaPierre, the executive vice-president of the National Rifle Association, has called for an armed security guard to be placed in every school in America, in a defiant response to the mass shooting in Newtown, Connecticut last week.

He said that the NRA would produce a plan to create "security shields" around every single school in the country, with armed guards at the entrance.
"The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun,"

On NBC’s Meet the Press, National Rifle Association chief Wayne LaPierre on Sunday refused to support new gun control legislation and maintained his support for putting armed guards and police in schools in response to the Dec. 14 school shootings in Newtown, Conn.

“If it’s crazy to call for putting police in and securing our schools to protect our children, then call me crazy,” LaPierre told NBC’s David Gregory. “I think the American people think it’s crazy not to do it.

Poor Wayne.

I don't see why anyone owes him an apology. His immediate reaction was universally deplored, and deservedly so.

Thats the ironic part.....armed guards and police in the schools was "universally deplored"(by pinheads anyway)

YET THAT IS WHAT WAS DONE ONLY A FEW WEEKS LATER......

So what....now the idea isn't deplored anymore...................................................look up hypocrite.....

Thats the ironic part.....armed guards and police in the schools was "universally deplored"(by pinheads anyway)

YET THAT IS WHAT WAS DONE ONLY A FEW WEEKS LATER......

So what....now the idea isn't deplored anymore...................................................look up hypocrite.....

No; his idea is still deplored, as is his immediate reaction to what happened.

LaPierre is a demagogue and fool. I'd actually feel bad for anyone who apologized to him, for anything.

\

YOU were sure police in schools was going to happen, but LaPierre was delusional to suggest it....????
Are you on meds or just exceptionally stupid. ?

=============================================
Armed Teachers ?
Is that liberal spin or do you have a quote.....doesn't really matter to me....an armed teacher is better than nothing.

Wayne LaPierre, the executive vice-president of the National Rifle Association, has called for an armed security guard to be placed in every school in America, in a defiant response to the mass shooting in Newtown, Connecticut last week.

He said that the NRA would produce a plan to create "security shields" around every single school in the country, with armed guards at the entrance.
"The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun,"

On NBC’s Meet the Press, National Rifle Association chief Wayne LaPierre on Sunday refused to support new gun control legislation and maintained his support for putting armed guards and police in schools in response to the Dec. 14 school shootings in Newtown, Conn.

“If it’s crazy to call for putting police in and securing our schools to protect our children, then call me crazy,” LaPierre told NBC’s David Gregory. “I think the American people think it’s crazy not to do it.
I'll type slower, so that you can keep up.

Lapierre wanted to arm TEACHERS. The armed guards were well under way while the NRA sat silent.

whats the difference between armed guards and armed teachers?

In general, armed guards are people who chose that profession knowing that they would have to carry a gun, and trained to use that gun if necessary.

The same can't be said of teachers. I have tried to be as polite as possible on this point.

No; his idea is still deplored, as is his immediate reaction to what happened.

LaPierre is a demagogue and fool. I'd actually feel bad for anyone who apologized to him, for anything.

I'll type slower, so that you can keep up.

Lapierre wanted to arm TEACHERS. The armed guards were well under way while the NRA sat silent.

Show me....I posted direct quotes from the news media and never once was armed teachers mentioned....
but them so what.....what could possibly be wrong with one armed teacher, say the principle, in every school as a last resort .....
Armed teachers are fine with me and I could care less if LaPierre suggested that or not.....
You may be right to some minute degree, nitpicker that you are....armed teacher, armed guard, armed janitor, armed police, whatever....all are good.

And as you point out...."while the NRA remained silent"....yes they did, for at least a week after the shootings....
thanks for blowing a hole in pinheadThings post trying his best to claim LaPierre reaction (suggestion) was immediate....
factually, it wasn't immediate.....and he may well have already been aware that as Althea says, "armed guards were well under way".

So part of her post has merit...

Show me....I posted direct quotes from the news media and never once was armed teachers mentioned....
but them so what.....what could possibly be wrong with one armed teacher, say the principle, in every school as a last resort .....
Armed teachers are fine with me and I could care less if LaPierre suggested that or not.....
You may be right to some minute degree, nitpicker that you are....armed teacher, armed guard, armed janitor, armed police, whatever....all are good.

And as you point out...."while the NRA remained silent"....yes they did, for at least a week after the shootings....
thanks for blowing a hole in pinheadThings post trying his best to claim LaPierre reaction (suggestion) was immediate....
factually, it wasn't immediate.....and he may well have already been aware that as Althea says, "armed guards were well under way".

So part of her post has merit...
There are plenty of schools in this country that have had armed guards for years.

So let's be clear here....are you saying that Ct's armed guards are a direct result of Lapierre's delusional diatribe before the press?

You really gonna go there?

In general, armed guards are people who chose that profession knowing that they would have to carry a gun, and trained to use that gun if necessary.

The same can't be said of teachers. I have tried to be as polite as possible on this point.
and i've tried to be as polite as possible when I tell you how wrong you are. where did people like you ever get the information that police officers and licensed armed guards are these highly trained marksmen that could do SEAL missions on the side, if they chose to do so?

What disingenuous bullshit.....anyone with a gun and awake and watching for danger is a guard.....

Thats like calling a 12 year old kid, out hunting with his Dad is a member of "the hunting profession".....the fuckin' lengths you go to to avoid admitting your wrong is
nutty....

and i've tried to be as polite as possible when I tell you how wrong you are. where did people like you ever get the information that police officers and licensed armed guards are these highly trained marksmen that could do SEAL missions on the side, if they chose to do so?

Where have I said or even implied that?

You get crazy desperate on this issue, and it really shows in your replies.

Btw, where did you get the impression that teachers would be comfortable bringing guns to a classroom?

What disingenuous bullshit.....anyone with a gun and awake and watching for danger is a guard.....

Thats like calling a 12 year old kid, out hunting with his Dad is a member of "the hunting profession".....the fuckin' lengths you go to to avoid admitting your wrong is
nutty....

Great analogy!

Well done.

Where have I said or even implied that?

You get crazy desperate on this issue, and it really shows in your replies.
are you seriously saying that you've NEVER said that cops are better trained than civilians?

Btw, where did you get the impression that teachers would be comfortable bringing guns to a classroom?
maybe it was the several hundred that showed up for a training class, or that fact that my aunt, who is a teacher, wished that she could have done so....but for Illinois laws.

Back