More hypocrisy....no apology to LaPierre

If we start allowing teachers to take guns to schools, what are the parameters? Do they have to keep the guns with them at all times? Can they put them in their desks? How secure would the new influx of who knows how many guns be...could we be certain that students could not get to them?

It's a pretty big kettle of fish you're opening up there, rife with all kinds of possibilities. And this is why most Americans would still prefer to have school grounds be gun free.
and hows that working out so far?

so school shootings are not as common as the media is making them out to be, yay.

How common do you think they are?

If there is suddenly a new influx of guns - and not just a few - into schools because we allow teachers to bring them, how long do you think it will be before we start reading about a student getting ahold of a gun that a teacher forgot to lock in their desk & used it?

Hah! A bunch of Dirty Harry wannabees firing aimlessly in a mall. At least you'll hit some of your comrades in the process.
Idiot!
Not knowing if armed people are there will serve as a deterrent!

Never been a mass shooting in a gun club!

so school shootings are not as common as the media is making them out to be, yay.
Wrong. School shootings aren't as common as Lapierre is trying to make them out to be.

The media is calling for gun control. Lapierre is trying to cloud the issue

Idiot!
Not knowing if armed people are there will serve as a deterrent!

Never been a mass shooting in a gun club!
Right! Cuz a few people with peashooters are gonna outshoot assault weapons. At least it'll raise the median IQ of the country when about 20 of you are massacred while having someone 'make your day'.

How common do you think they are?

If there is suddenly a new influx of guns - and not just a few - into schools because we allow teachers to bring them, how long do you think it will be before we start reading about a student getting ahold of a gun that a teacher forgot to lock in their desk & used it?
I think that the fears are unfounded.

Right! Cuz a few people with peashooters are gonna outshoot assault weapons. At least it'll raise the median IQ of the country when about 20 of you are massacred while having someone 'make your day'.
Idiot.
The shooters won't show up!!
They prefer unarmed victims!

blah blah blah. the only downside to letting teachers bring their gun to class is going to be that IF another shooter wants to kill kids, the teacher is going to be the first target. If that is the case, the other teachers who are carrying are going to have to find the guts to confront an active shooter. a head shot will defeat almost anyone.

I think that the fears are unfounded.

Fear can tend to be irrational, but in this case, I don't think anyone knows what would happen if guns were introduced into a school environment on the scale you're talking about.

It raises a lot of questions about what that situation would look like. How would guns be kept out of the hands of others at the school? Does it open a school up to other kinds of violence from faculty members who are prone to anger? What kinds of controls would be in place?

Fear can tend to be irrational, but in this case, I don't think anyone knows what would happen if guns were introduced into a school environment on the scale you're talking about.

It raises a lot of questions about what that situation would look like. How would guns be kept out of the hands of others at the school? Does it open a school up to other kinds of violence from faculty members who are prone to anger? What kinds of controls would be in place?
I don't see teachers doing any storage other than wearing the gun concealed. I don't see them advertising to students that they are carrying, so little fear should be lent to students disarming them.

You really don't know what you're talking about do you?

I don't see teachers doing any storage other than wearing the gun concealed. I don't see them advertising to students that they are carrying, so little fear should be lent to students disarming them.

You don't think this is something students would become aware of? Would all teachers then have to wear jackets or some other layer of clothing where they could effectively conceal these weapons? How do you guarantee that all teachers will be responsible about this, and not put the gun in a desk or locker if they go for a run at lunchtime, or otherwise decide not to carry their gun someplace?

The variables are numerous.

You don't think this is something students would become aware of? Would all teachers then have to wear jackets or some other layer of clothing where they could effectively conceal these weapons? How do you guarantee that all teachers will be responsible about this, and not put the gun in a desk or locker if they go for a run at lunchtime, or otherwise decide not to carry their gun someplace?

The variables are numerous.

You can carry without an extra layer. I'm doing it right now, with an ankle holster. There are other options of course. This is something lots of people have dealt with for three decades now.

For the record, I'm not saying people who don't already carry should be forced to. Rights are free to exercise or not.

Another joke? The rate y'all are going the kids will be surprised to see teachers not packing!

You can carry without an extra layer. I'm doing it right now, with an ankle holster.

You just get hotter every day...

Back