More hypocrisy....no apology to LaPierre

are you seriously saying that you've NEVER said that cops are better trained than civilians?

maybe it was the several hundred that showed up for a training class, or that fact that my aunt, who is a teacher, wished that she could have done so....but for Illinois laws.

Better trained, yes - and by & large, they definitely are. Doing SEAL missions, though?

As for your sampling, I'm no math whiz, but I'm guessing that's less than a 10th of a percent of the overall teaching population. No doubt there are SOME who would be comfortable w/ it, and I would never say there aren't.

Better trained, yes - and by & large, they definitely are. Doing SEAL missions, though?
so you believe hyperbole as well?

and better trained how? do you know what regular patrolmen training regiment is? I guarantee I spend more time at a range in one month than any patrolman does in a year.

As for your sampling, I'm no math whiz, but I'm guessing that's less than a 10th of a percent of the overall teaching population. No doubt there are SOME who would be comfortable w/ it, and I would never say there aren't.
and i've always held the position that teachers should be able to CHOOSE whether to have a gun or not.

so you believe hyperbole as well?

and better trained how? do you know what regular patrolmen training regiment is? I guarantee I spend more time at a range in one month than any patrolman does in a year.

and i've always held the position that teachers should be able to CHOOSE whether to have a gun or not.

That's wonderful that you spend more time at a range than the average patrolman. If you go back & read my post, you will see that I said that as of now, cops & guards are trained to use firearms, while teachers are not, and that is all. I'm sure you know teachers who have been - but for their job, they are not. Do you understand this point yet? I'm guessing no, but I have hope for you.

And it's great that you hold the position that teachers should choose whether to have a gun or not. This is unsurprising to me. However, the majority in America do not hold this view as of today.

That's wonderful that you spend more time at a range than the average patrolman. If you go back & read my post, you will see that I said that as of now, cops & guards are trained to use firearms, while teachers are not, and that is all. I'm sure you know teachers who have been - but for their job, they are not. Do you understand this point yet? I'm guessing no, but I have hope for you.
the problem you are having is you're wrong. cops and guards are not trained to use firearms, as a priority of their training. it's minimal, at best. Most of their training is spent on department policy and current laws based on probable cause, reasonable suspicion, and use of force. that is it. their firearms training is limited to qualifying one week a year, every six months if their agency has the funding. ONE WEEK, do you understand that point?

And it's great that you hold the position that teachers should choose whether to have a gun or not. This is unsurprising to me. However, the majority in America do not hold this view as of today.
and you think i'm surprised that i'm constantly telling most of Americans how wrong they are?????

In general, armed guards are people who chose that profession knowing that they would have to carry a gun, and trained to use that gun if necessary.

The same can't be said of teachers. I have tried to be as polite as possible on this point.

And if a teacher is licensed to carry...? There are plenty of them that already are.

I don't think you know what "wrong" means. I said that cops are trained to use firearms, and they are, because using them is part of their job.

That is 100% correct.

I don't think you know what "wrong" means. I said that cops are trained to use firearms, and they are, because using them is part of their job.

That is 100% correct.
would you then say that a cop that trains one week a year with a gun is better trained in firearms than a teacher who trains three days a month?

There are plenty of schools in this country that have had armed guards for years.

So let's be clear here....are you saying that Ct's armed guards are a direct result of Lapierre's delusional diatribe before the press?

You really gonna go there?

Trying a little lefty spin here....a little mis-direction to maybe get an edge....sorry, it ain't gonna work....

Yup...there have been plenty of schools in this country that have had armed guards for years. CORRECT
There were none in CT schools and there are now, at least in the Sandy Hook area................CLARIFY your mis-characterization
ARMED GUARDS is EXACTLY WHAT LaPierre suggested.....and "abracadabra" there they are.......just like in other parts of the country....

When he says it, its a diatribe, he's delusional, he is ridiculed.....but Lo and Behold.....you do exactly what he suggests anyway....and now

its not for the delusional, not ridiculed, not called crazy.....suddenly its the common sense thing to do.....amazing ain't it ?

Lefties are Pinheaded HYPOCRITES....

More than "Once in a while" you get shown the light......don't you ever have the guts to acknowledge its existance.....

Last edited:
I realized that after I posted, tried to edit my post and deleted it. I did indeed read it wrong, my bad.

No problem. I think what you have to realize here is that you come from an extreme viewpoint as far as guns in general are concerned, and on this specific issue as well. Your ideas are not mainstream. That doesn't mean that they may not have merit, but don't expect a lot of people to agree with you.

STY.........get a grip man.....ThingyOnecell is getting you to do exactly what he does to everyone.....take the thread far off its topic, change the subject altogether....
off on a tangent that he can control better....cause he was getting his ass kicked on the original topic where he couldn't defend the pinheads or refute the facts.

No problem. I think what you have to realize here is that you come from an extreme viewpoint as far as guns in general are concerned, and on this specific issue as well. Your ideas are not mainstream. That doesn't mean that they may not have merit, but don't expect a lot of people to agree with you.
I get full well that most people are not going to agree with me. I'm a constitutional purist, plain and simple. not just the 2nd Amendment, but all of them. I find it sad that most people don't agree with me, especially considering that it is their rights i'm also trying to defend.

STY.........get a grip man.....ThingyOnecell is getting you to do exactly what he does to everyone.....take the thread far off its topic, change the subject altogether....
off on a tangent that he can control better....cause he was getting his ass kicked on the original topic where he couldn't defend the pinheads or refute the facts.

Call it a wild hunch, but I don't think any posters here are sitting around thinking, "Gee, I really hope bravo can give me a little support here."

Call it a wild hunch, but I don't think any posters here are sitting around thinking, "Gee, I really hope bravo can give me a little support here."

STY don't need support or help debating you, he only needs a word of caution on your SOP....

whats the difference between armed guards and armed teachers?

Training?????

Nice try, Bravo. Nobody had an issue with an armed guard at schools. What we have an issue with is giving guns to every teacher - which is what LaPierre wants.

Nobody yet has answered (intelligently, so that takes Yurt and ILA out of the matrix) my question.

Who is going to pay for the guns and training furnished to the teachers?

There are plenty of schools in this country that have had armed guards for years.

So let's be clear here....are you saying that Ct's armed guards are a direct result of Lapierre's delusional diatribe before the press?

You really gonna go there?

Anchorage high schools have had them for over 10 years.

And then you woke up, it was just your dream...

Back