Most gender-confused children grow out of it, landmark 15-year study concludes

Are you suggesting those trans children be forced to be who they are not? That will hurt their psyche.

I'm suggesting children lack the maturity to make life altering decisions.

It's why we don't let children buy cigarettes or booze. When they grow up, the choice is theirs.

I'm suggesting children lack the maturity to make life altering decisions.

It's why we don't let children buy cigarettes or booze. When they grow up, the choice is theirs.

Identifying as the opposite gender is not "life altering decision". They were born that way.

Let them be who they are.

HRT isn't permanent. I agree about surgery.

Simply not true;

{Transgender individuals who undergo gender-affirming medical or surgical therapies are at risk for infertility. Suppression of puberty with gonadotropin-releasing hormone agonist analogs (GnRHa) in the pediatric transgender patient can pause the maturation of germ cells, and thus, affect fertility potential. Testosterone therapy in transgender men can suppress ovulation and alter ovarian histology, while estrogen therapy in transgender women can lead to impaired spermatogenesis and testicular atrophy. }

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6626312/

The social phenomenon of transgenderism is based on a complete rejection of the scientific method and scientific fact.

I'll bite. How? And if that's true, you can be sure CPS will be involved.

Those who force children to be who they are not? I agree.

No one but the parent has any right to push belief systems on children.

Simply not true;

{Transgender individuals who undergo gender-affirming medical or surgical therapies are at risk for infertility. Suppression of puberty with gonadotropin-releasing hormone agonist analogs (GnRHa) in the pediatric transgender patient can pause the maturation of germ cells, and thus, affect fertility potential. Testosterone therapy in transgender men can suppress ovulation and alter ovarian histology, while estrogen therapy in transgender women can lead to impaired spermatogenesis and testicular atrophy. }

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6626312/

The social phenomenon of transgenderism is based on a complete rejection of the scientific method and scientific fact.

No one but the parent has any right to push belief systems on children.

That is not true. Parents have no right to force beliefs on children. As you said, let them make the decision when they're adults.

That is not true. Parents have no right to force beliefs on children. As you said, let them make the decision when they're adults.

Parents have no right....

Kind of sums up the position of the totalitarian left right there.

Parents are just care takers for the rightful authority of children - the all powerful state.

Vlad Lenin and Adolf Hitler totally supported your position. Decent folk, not so much...

Parents have no right....

Kind of sums up the position of the totalitarian left right there.

Parents are just care takers for the rightful authority of children - the all powerful state.

Vlad Lenin and Adolf Hitler totally supported your position. Decent folk, not so much...

So you think the parents have the right to abuse children?

Identifying as the opposite gender is not "life altering decision". They were born that way.

Let them be who they are.

Nobody has stopped them from getting a haircut and saying they are some specific gender, the life altering decisions is in mutilation, actual surgeries to change things and hormone suppression which has negative consequences throughout a lifetime. Basically, when you become an adult, if you still want surgeries to alter yourself then more power to you, but as a child no adult should be making these life altering choices for them and they are not even close to mature enough to do so.

Live and be as you wish, but do not pretend that you misunderstand what we have said, that's all just pretense and nonsense.

If they cannot join the military because they are too young they should not be allowed to alter themselves through surgery for something that studies now are showing is more often than not a temporary condition.

Nobody has stopped them from getting a haircut and saying they are some specific gender

Oh plenty have been trying. That's where the issue is, really. And it can result in suicide.

the life altering decisions is in mutilation, actual surgeries to change things

That is done on 15 to 17 years old girls. I agree that it shouldn't happen. Chest binding is a real thing and there needs to be done something about it.

and hormone suppression which has negative consequences throughout a lifetime.

No proof of that.

Basically, when you become an adult, if you still want surgeries to alter yourself then more power to you, but as a child no adult should be making these life altering choices for them and they are not even close to mature enough to do so.

Agreed. I find it interesting that people keep pushing the idea that it is being done on children when in reality it's teenagers. Appeal to emotion fallacy?

If they cannot join the military because they are too young they should not be allowed to alter themselves through surgery for something that studies now are showing is more often than not a temporary condition.

Again, I agree.

Oh plenty have been trying. That's where the issue is, really. And it can result in suicide.

That is done on 15 to 17 years old girls. I agree that it shouldn't happen. Chest binding is a real thing and there needs to be done something about it.

No proof of that.

Agreed. I find it interesting that people keep pushing the idea that it is being done on children when in reality it's teenagers. Appeal to emotion fallacy?

Again, I agree.

We disagree on only one thing then, I believe that teenagers are children, should a perv want a 16 year old you and I would both say it was wrong because they are a child.

So, my only real question is why do you want to pretend that someone was advocating for something they were not? This thread is about stopping surgeries and body alterations, not about haircuts and name changes.

We disagree on only one thing then, I believe that teenagers are children, should a perv want a 16 year old you and I would both say it was wrong because they are a child.

So, my only real question is why do you want to pretend that someone was advocating for something they were not? This thread is about stopping surgeries and body alterations, not about haircuts and name changes.

It is also about hormone therapies. There is no proof they have permanent negative effect on transgender people.

Back