Museum of Atheism

I read something the premminent Russian physicist Andrei Sakraov said which resonated with me. He did not subscribe to any religions, but he thought there were limits to human knowledge, and that there was probably a guiding principle to the universe we would not be able to comprehend.

Again don't confuse organized religion with God.
My personal experience with organized religion is,they are
Social clubs that give lip service that the God they assume is out there is cool.

You just don’t get it

Maybe it’s your brain wiring

'Turn the other cheek'.
'Forgive your trespassers'.
'Give unto Caesar what is Caesars'.
'The first shall be last, the last shall be first'.

A lot of bullshit propaganda that the Rubes are fed so they can be exploited by those with a better gene pool allotment.

'Turn the other cheek'.

A lot of bullshit propaganda that the Rubes are fed so they can be exploited by those with a better gene pool allotment.

The meek will inherit the earth.

'Turn the other cheek'.

That's your flesh speaking and a complete misunderstanding of Scriptures

"The Spirit's willing the flesh is weak"!
No one knows more about seeking pleasure through the flesh then Mason.And it's pretty disgusting when it comes right down to it.
But at the time it always seems like a good idea.

You have not accepted the Philosophy of Epicurus.

I read something the premminent Russian physicist Andrei Sakraov said which resonated with me. He did not subscribe to any religions, but he thought there were limits to human knowledge, and that there was probably a guiding principle to the universe we would not be able to comprehend.

Everything, IMO, is knowable. Yes, human beings have a limitation on processing data. While we can't build a machine that thinks or is sentient, we can certainly build machines that are better data processors.

If the "guiding principle" is there, it should be knowable.

Another thought is that most people can't really comprehend the size of their own planet much less the entire Universe....but do they need to fully comprehend the size to explore it? No.

Agnostic

Probably one of the only few genuine ones on this board.

Most posters either want to play on the bible thumper fundamentalist team, or the anti-christian zealot team.

I just don’t think there is some being controlling everything

I accept that I could be wrong

But my true thoughts are there is not

It depends on how one defines what god means

But once you go to that space it can be defined in any way

So I have settled on no god

A structure like everything else observable

We as individuals are a structure of chemicals, electric impulses and cells

It gives us the power to ponder

Amazing

The power to ponder

The greatest gift ever