Museum of Atheism

Agnostic

Probably one of the only few genuine ones on this board.

Most people either want to play on the bible thumper team, or the anti-christian zealot team.

Thank you. So basically you're still searching for truth and true unvarnished reality.
Isn't agnostic someone who doesn't care if there's a God or not?
I see you as a searcher for truth!

Jesus taught a Slave Religion, one that would help in survival during the Roman Occupation.
Evince. Did you 'turn the cheek' when AlQaeda knocked down 2 buildings in NYC? Did you 'forgive your trespassers'?
Do you enjoy being submissive, waiting for 'The Good Life' in the Next World?

I’m not a Christian

I’m an atheist

I love great philosophers and Jesus was one

He was teaching a conquered people that these men can not conquer that place within you

Live in that place when the world won’t allow it in full practice

He was compelling humans not to sacrifice the good within your self to the monsters who had created an organized religion that sought to crush the individual beauty within all fully functioning humans

The shining paring of intelligence and compassion

Your humaness

You couldn't be more wrong!
The people of Jesus time expected the Messiah to save them from the Roman Empire.
Jesus came to save mankind from sin!
And a pass from the office of the Passover Angel of DeathView attachment 21510

Is that who talked to you during your "epiphany"? The Angel of Death?

Was she pretty like this?

5xuyyp.gif

Another horrible Christian doctrine.

Yeah. No shit. The theory is that after 50 years of waiting for Jesus to return ... and he didn't, they had to come up with some excuse/reasoning of why he didn't. "He died for your sins" was the best they could come up with. Pretty lame, but not too many options at this point.

So they made it about something other than atheism because atheism on its on ain't got nothin'.

Right atheism per se is not a philosophical system, moral system, or independent ideology of any kind.
What the soviets were creating were actually just anti-religion museums.

. But one could make a nice project out of materialism and logical positivism, with examples from the Charvaka school of India and important European atheist thinkers.

I’m not a Christian

I’m an atheist

I love great philosophers and Jesus was one

He was teaching a conquered people that these men can not conquer that place within you

Live in that place when the world won’t allow it in full practice

He was compelling humans not to sacrifice the good within your self to the monsters who had created an organized religion that sought to crush the individual beauty within all fully functioning humans

The shining paring of intelligence and compassion

Your humaness

Not much of a 'Philosophy' if being submissive is what you are teaching.

Our Spirit no!Our flesh absolutely!

This is where I disagree

Our flesh is us

We are born human

The beauty is in us innately

We then teach each other how to cultivate it further

To become as a creature kind more intelligent and compassionate

Because you can not grown one without growing the other

Ascending to heaven?

I see that as creature kind becoming a more perfect set of humans

Growing our kind into more human

No

Mankind is not evil

Our failure to become more human in our linage is what would be evil

Thank you. So basically you're still searching for truth and true unvarnished reality.
Isn't agnostic someone who doesn't care if there's a God or not?
I see you as a searcher for truth!

I read something the premminent Russian physicist Andrei Sakraov said which resonated with me. He did not subscribe to any religions, but he thought there were limits to human knowledge, and that there was probably a guiding principle to the universe we would not be able to comprehend.

Epicurus claims pleasure is the highest form. (see the difference?)

"The Spirit's willing the flesh is weak"!
No one knows more about seeking pleasure through the flesh then Mason.And it's pretty disgusting when it comes right down to it.
But at the time it always seems like a good idea.

Are you claiming the Holy Spirit is the Angel of Death?

IMO, everything is God, for lack of a better word, God. Such an vision by humans would be simply their human interpretation of an incomprehensible power...not that I believe God cheats by throwing around magical spells and doing special favors for special people like Democrats picking and choosing which Americans are "worthy". LOL

I'm trying to figure out what you saw but you're so good at evading talking about it, I have no idea what you thought you saw but I'm thinking you have more than a bipolar issue.

FWIW, I had a NDE when I was 16. I didn't see God, Jesus or anyone I knew. Just a bunch of people having fun in the snow on a small hill across from my own. I wanted to go join them but a voice behind me said "You have to go back". I didn't have a choice in the matter.

What do you think that was?

I read something the premminent Russian physicist Andrei Sakraov said which resonated with me. He did not subscribe to any religions, but he thought there were limits to human knowledge, and that there was probably a guiding principle to the universe we would not be able to comprehend.

Yet you praise religion and bash atheists. A very unique form of agnosticism!

Back