Museum of Atheism

Since Cypress is an agnostic, there should be 50% pro religion posts and 50% anti-religion.

I think he's 'Christian'. When asked to explain a certain position he has taken, he gets in a huff and says shit like "So you won't tell me what is an acceptable percentage of posts I should write criticizing Religion which would thus meet your standards?".

I think he's 'Christian'. When asked to explain a certain position he has taken, he gets in a huff and says shit like "So you won't tell me what is an acceptable percentage of posts I should write criticizing Religion which would thus meet your standards?".

I think nothing he says makes sense. Lost interest and cannot take him seriously.

No. He's incoherent.

:) Usually when people state a position, they have a reason and most are able to explain why they've taken a particular stance. Many just chant the Party Line and leave it at that. Cypress can usually give you a reason. The only reason I come here is to hear the opinions of others. Truth Detector will just call you a 'Moron'. Cypress is a little better able to explain himself.

:) Usually when people state a position, they have a reason and most are able to explain why they've taken a particular stance. Many just chant the Party Line and leave it at that. Cypress can usually give you a reason. The only reason I come here is to hear the opinions of others. Truth Detector will just call you a 'Moron'. Cypress is a little better able to explain himself.

ok

Cypress: "So you won't tell me what is an acceptable percentage of posts I should write criticizing Religion which would thus meet your standards? "
Jack: Are you attempting to be stupid?

Okay, thanks for participating in my thread

Since Cypress is an agnostic, there should be 50% pro religion posts and 50% anti-religion.

That's incorrect. You are applying the laws of averages to a belief system. An agnostic should not be "pro" or "anti" since everyone of intelligence knows that neither theism nor atheism can be proved to be the correct belief.

Usually. Cypress often does, but you never do, Jack. Is it because you are bipolar? A liar? A bipolar liar?

You obviously hate Christians and women but you refuse questions on it but never deny it. Why? What are you lying about, Jack? What are you hiding?

gkfNNtO.jpg

That's incorrect. You are applying the laws of averages to a belief system. An agnostic should not be "pro" or "anti" since everyone of intelligence knows that neither theism nor atheism can be proved to be the correct belief.

The nice thing about threads like this is they draw out the extremists from both sides - the bible thumping flat-earthers, like that wolverine or muskrat, or whatever guy. And it draws out the hostile anti-christian trolls.

As a sociological experiment, there is a lot to observe in the extremes. That is why the Spanish Inquisition and the Soviet State atheism are so bloody interesting historically - they provide moral lessons about steering clear of the extremes.

The nice thing about threads like this is they draw out the extremists from both sides - the bible thumping flat-earthers, like that wolverine or muskrat, or whatever guy. And it draws out the hostile anti-christian trolls.

As a sociological experiment, there is a lot to observe in the extremes. That is why the Spanish Inquisition and the Soviet State atheism are so bloody interesting historically - they provide moral lessons about steering clear of the extremes.

Agreed on seeing the extremes. If people can't be themselves here, where can they be? Some will claim "Oh, I'm just playing", but the reality is that the ugly person they are playing is the true them.

A major factor in all extremes are mentalities that fall outside the norm. We can all drift outside the norm as anyone who has lost their temper should know.

When a person is constantly outside the norm then it's a mental health issue since such behavior is detrimental to the person in the long run. In Matt/Wolverine's case, he's elderly. Nothing to be done there. In BP's case, she's young and very angry about something. Only she knows what it is and what the best long term solution should be regardless if it's "study harder", "get a divorce" or "flee to Australia".**

Agreed 100% about the lessons of history. Notice who pooh-poohs those lessons and those who preach them. :)

**Australia has always been my backup plan to answering Albert Camus's question. If I was willing to go that far, why not ditch everything and go have some fun first? What's the worst that could happen? I get killed? LOL

Agreed on seeing the extremes. If people can't be themselves here, where can they be? Some will claim "Oh, I'm just playing", but the reality is that the ugly person they are playing is the true them.

A major factor in all extremes are mentalities that fall outside the norm. We can all drift outside the norm as anyone who has lost their temper should know.

When a person is constantly outside the norm then it's a mental health issue since such behavior is detrimental to the person in the long run. In Matt/Wolverine's case, he's elderly. Nothing to be done there. In BP's case, she's young and very angry about something. Only she knows what it is and what the best long term solution should be regardless if it's "study harder", "get a divorce" or "flee to Australia".**

Agreed 100% about the lessons of history. Notice who pooh-poohs those lessons and those who preach them. :)

**Australia has always been my backup plan to answering Albert Camus's question. If I was willing to go that far, why not ditch everything and go have some fun first? What's the worst that could happen? I get killed? LOL

I appreciate the psychological insights! This place can be a zoo!

My backup plan is New Zealand - better mountains

I am sure I never suggested the Middle Ages were a time of liberty.

Plato and Aristotle hated democracy.

But western civilization would not be the same without them.

I just don't think western civilization took Root in the year 1800.

I think western capitalism, culture, art, literature, philosophy germinated within a two thousand year tradition which included vestiges of Greece, Rome, Judeo-Christianity, even some pagan and Islamic elements.

As to liberty, it would depend who and where you were in the later Middle Ages, as indeed now. I agree that western civilisation had a continuity from Ancient Greece (at least until recently :)), but we won't have anything we can call 'liberty' generally until we get rid of exploitative economic systems.

You only post insults so why should you change now, Matt? Whatever happened to that Christianity you claimed to follow?

Yeah I don't play that game anymore, move along! You insinuating I am not Christian is just another one of your little games to change the subject, along with calling me Matt, move along, your shtick is old!

Back