Nancy Pelosi evicted from her private office in the Capitol by interim House speaker

You can sit shiva but not required

There is an afterlife: Texts from every era in Jewish life identify a world where people go when they die. In the Bible it’s an underworld called Sheol. In the rabbinic tradition it’s known by a number of names, including the yeshiva shel mallah, the school on high. The Hebrew word for skies, shamayim, also came to refer to heaven.

Heaven has open door policy: Heaven is not a gated community. The righteous of any people and any faith have a place in it. Our actions, not our specific beliefs, determine our fate. No concept of Hell exists in Judaism. The closest we get is the fate of apostate (a person who renounces God, faith and morality in this world), who is said to be “cut off from his kin.”

We live on through others: The Jewish prayerbook expresses this idea through the metaphor of a leaf and a tree. A leaf drops to the ground, but it nourishes the soil so more plants and trees spring up. The same is true in our lives. We nourish the future through the influence we have on those who follow us. It can happen in unimaginable ways.

One they relaxed the dietary laws to accommodate Chinese food,

which they obviously had to have done at some point,

Judaism became the right religion for me, I think.

If I had been religious to any degree,

I think that would have been the one.

Socially, wops and hebes are quite similar, at least in an urban environment..

The drama is similar.

According to McCarthy, as part of the passage of the recent 45-day clean continuing resolution, Pelosi had promised to not support Gaetz if a motion to vacate was filed. Instead, the former Democrat Speaker stabbed now former Republican Speaker in the back and actually encouraged her caucus not to save McCarthy.

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2023/1...-of-her-office-by-new-acting-speaker-n2164656

Should we believe McCarthy before, or after? He has two different stories.

"They haven't asked for anything. I'm not going to provide anything." It seems straightforward.

Had he turned to Democrats, he would have certainly been removed by Republicans. More importantly, why should Democrats have to support Republicans?

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/...-anything-in-exchange-for-support-as-speaker/

Yeah, you can wait until she gets back. It is jerk timing... However I doubt she had to be there personally to move the office. Staffers are the more likely to be hurrying around with boxes than Pelosi. Attend the funeral then go in, in the meantime have your staff pack things up and move them to whatever new office you have been assigned.

By tradition office transfers are given at least two weeks. It is not an email saying you have 12 hour to get out, and then I will change the locks, and seize anything in there.

The Constitution is not exact on how much time she should have, but there needs to be some reasonableness.

One they relaxed the dietary laws to accommodate Chinese food,

which they obviously had to have done at some point,

Judaism became the right religion for me, I think.

If I had been religious to any degree,

I think that would have been the one.

The drama is similar.

The drama is similar.

Truth

So was her voting to remove a sitting speaker

Democrats always vote against Republican Speakers, and Republicans always vote against Democrat Speakers. You only vote for your party. There are other countries that have coalition governments, but traditionally not the USA.

Democrats always vote against Republican Speakers, and Republicans always vote against Democrat Speakers. You only vote for your party. There are other countries that have coalition governments, but traditionally not the USA.

oh, so now we pretend this form of vote happens all the time

shit tards coming out of the woodwork :laugh:

By tradition office transfers are given at least two weeks. It is not an email saying you have 12 hour to get out, and then I will change the locks, and seize anything in there.

The Constitution is not exact on how much time she should have, but there needs to be some reasonableness.

They were deliberately being pricks to her because she did not get Dems to back McCarthy. They did not want their dysfunction to be that public.

A new analysis from nonpartisan legislative staff shows that 95.89 percent of bills that passed the legislature in 2023 did so with bipartisan support. The legislature passed 487 bills during the 2023 legislative session, 467 of which received the ‘yes’ vote of at least one Republican senator or representative.
https://senatedemocrats.wa.gov/blog...s-passed-in-2023-received-bipartisan-support/

You still arguing this? I already gave the link to the Congressional record, which lists bills passed by the Senate and WHO VOTED FOR AND AGAINST THEM.

The Constitution doesn't mention it at all, dummy.

Blatant lie.

Night really hates the norms of a democratic society.
There is no 'norms of a democratic society'. Buzzword fallacy.
I actually said "democratic society" which is a different term from "democracy."
A 'democratic society' is a democracy, dumbass.
Then where do they put their desks? You clearly have no point.
No desks. There is no 'they'. There are no representatives in a democracy.

oh, so now we pretend this form of vote happens all the time

shit tards coming out of the woodwork :laugh:

Every two years, Congress votes on who the Speaker will be. At every one of those elections, Republicans vote for Republicans and Democrats vote for Democrats. EVERY LAST ONE.

Now Republicans have decided to have more votes on the Speaker. Not the Democrats. The Democrats continued to vote for Democrats, as they should.

Every two years, Congress votes on who the Speaker will be. At every one of those elections, Republicans vote for Republicans and Democrats vote for Democrats. EVERY LAST ONE.

Now Republicans have decided to have more votes on the Speaker. Not the Democrats. The Democrats continued to vote for Democrats, as they should.

Party before nation is how these fucks roll.

They were deliberately being pricks to her because she did not get Dems to back McCarthy. They did not want their dysfunction to be that public.

They keep complaining that Democrats have not solved for their incompetence. It is just sad to watch.

Back