New Addition to the Moderation Team...

The Dungheap/Superfreak battles were legendary. and then me and Lady T would come in and say things like "oh SF is FUMING now" just to get him more riled up. And it always worked, never failed. LOL

The Dungheap/Superfreak battles were legendary. and then me and Lady T would come in and say things like "oh SF is FUMING now" just to get him more riled up. And it always worked, never failed. LOL
They were epic and you guys could really wind SF up!

Not really. You are deliberately misconstruing his comments in order to continue your attacks both on him and on a religion that you hate. In this thread, you're poutraged that the new mod is also a Christian minister.

He made his 'comments' and I made mine. Cypress can come forward and say whatever he wants. Hopefully it will be about his Thoughts on 'Christianity' and 'Compassion and Mercy'.

I don't 'Hate' anything. That is the opposite of 'Brotherhood'.

I have no idea where 'the new Moderator' stands on Religion.

Hello Damo and leaningright,

Wait for it...

<Drum roll goes here>

Wait for it....

Leaningright!

Welcome to the team.

A good choice. Glad to hear it.

Thank you, leaningright, for taking on this responsibility.

Wow. A big task. And one I am sure you will do well.

Congratulations!

:) hahahaha ...
I think you just don't like the fact that I don't think your opinion of 'Christianity' being the source of 'Compassion and Mercy' is valid.

I understand why you di not want to link to anything I wrote.

Because what I wrote about the history of Western ethics is totally consistent with what mainstream scholarship is saying. You could actually substitute what Encyclopedia Britannica writes with what I have written, and barely notice any difference:

https://www.justplainpolitics.com/s...-ethics-vs-Roman-values&p=4881385#post4881385

https://www.justplainpolitics.com/s...-ethics-vs-Roman-values&p=4932558#post4932558

I understand why you di not want to link to anything I wrote.

Because what I wrote about the history of Western ethics is totally consistent with what mainstream scholarship is saying. You could actually substitute what Encyclopedia Britannica writes with what I have written, and barely notice any difference:

https://www.justplainpolitics.com/s...-ethics-vs-Roman-values&p=4881385#post4881385

https://www.justplainpolitics.com/s...-ethics-vs-Roman-values&p=4932558#post4932558

I think I responded to that post with this:

"Looks like you are doing some voodoo magic here. I thought you were extolling the virtues of 'Christian Compassion'.
As stated before, I doubt Jews felt much of this 'compassion' for the last 2,000 years.
The Spanish Inquisition is a good example of 'Christian Compassion'. Synonymous with Torture and Murder.
Do you really believe South America willingly turned to Roman Catholicism?
Was Puritans hanging Quakers in Boston 'Christian Compassion'?
I asked you before, since you claim to live in California, why are they taking down the Statues of Father Junipero Serra.

The Renaissance marked the beginning of the end for 'Christian Compassion'.

"The Renaissance is a period in European history marking the transition from the Middle Ages to modernity and covering the 15th and 16th centuries, characterized by an effort to revive and surpass ideas and achievements of classical antiquity. Wikipedia" "

Please post the link to your 'Christian Compassion and Mercy' argument.

I think I responded to that post with this:

"Looks like you are doing some voodoo magic here. I thought you were extolling the virtues of 'Christian Compassion'.
As stated before, I doubt Jews felt much of this 'compassion' for the last 2,000 years.
The Spanish Inquisition is a good example of 'Christian Compassion'. Synonymous with Torture and Murder.
Do you really believe South America willingly turned to Roman Catholicism?
Was Puritans hanging Quakers in Boston 'Christian Compassion'?
I asked you before, since you claim to live in California, why are they taking down the Statues of Father Junipero Serra.

The Renaissance marked the beginning of the end for 'Christian Compassion'.

"The Renaissance is a period in European history marking the transition from the Middle Ages to modernity and covering the 15th and 16th centuries, characterized by an effort to revive and surpass ideas and achievements of classical antiquity. Wikipedia" "

Please post the link to your 'Christian Compassion and Mercy' argument.

No, you used to roar with laughter at my version of the history of western ethics, and then you stopped laughing when I demostrated to you that the mainstream and highly reputable Encyclopedia Britannica was writing basically the same things I was.

:) Funny.
Let Cypress speak for himself.
Ask him if he thinks 'Compassion and Mercy' were brought into the World 2,000 years ago.

Why isn't she allowed to comment when she sees you lying your ass off?

You will find any thread from me claiming mercy only came into the world 2,000 years ago.

All you can do is claim what I said, but you can't actually show it.

Back