New Addition to the Moderation Team...

Well, there's me. You go on and on about how Jesus invented Compassion and Mercy. Despite a THOUSAND YEARS of proof of the opposite.
(I have zero interest to dig up past posts you've made. I'll let you state your case, if I disagree, I'll tell you)
I do not accept your attempts to paraphrase me, and caricature what I wrote.

The honest thing for you to do is link to my actual words.

You and your militant atheist boyfriend screamed like banshees on anything I posted about Christianity. Irrespective of the topic.

You were strangely quiet and missing in action on all the other threads on world religions I authored.

I don't think you are actually anti-religion.

You are just an emotional and triggered anti-christian troll.

I do not accept your attempts to paraphrase me, and caricature what I wrote.

The honest thing for you to do is link to my actual words.

You and your militant atheist boyfriend screamed like banshees on anything I posted about Christianity. Irrespective of the topic.

You were strangely quiet and missing in action on all the other threads on world religions I authored.

I don't think you are actually anti-religion.

You are just an emotional and triggered anti-christian troll.

:) hahahaha ...
I think you just don't like the fact that I don't think your opinion of 'Christianity' being the source of 'Compassion and Mercy' is valid.

Well, there's me. You go on and on about how Jesus invented Compassion and Mercy. Despite a THOUSAND YEARS of proof of the opposite.
(I have zero interest to dig up past posts you've made. I'll let you state your case, if I disagree, I'll tell you)

In other words, you've made up some odd thing about what you wish Cypress had written, rather than what he actually wrote, and are using that as the magnifying glass to increase your rage.

Cypress at least has opinions on things he sees as political or of some general interest. Dutch is an empty vessel. All he does is call people 'Poo Poo Heads'. Dutch is more like a 'Truth Detector'.

It's clear why he rankles you. Don't care to have what you dish out served back to you, do you?

In other words, you've made up some odd thing about what you wish Cypress had written, rather than what he actually wrote, and are using that as the magnifying glass to increase your rage.

:) Funny.
Let Cypress speak for himself.
Ask him if he thinks 'Compassion and Mercy' were brought into the World 2,000 years ago.

It's clear why he rankles you. Don't care to have what you dish out served back to you, do you?

It's a Discussion platform. We all come here to discuss our opinions on everything under the sun.
Cypress has an opinion. I like hearing what he has to say. He seems intelligent, articulate, and has a wide sense of knowledge about the world and history.
I can't disagree with much about what he has to say. EXCEPT ... that 'Christianity is the basis of Compassion and Mercy'.

Cypress at least has opinions on things he sees as political or of some general interest. Dutch is an empty vessel. All he does is call people 'Poo Poo Heads'. Dutch is more like a 'Truth Detector'.

I'm thinking 60/40 that you go first. Maybe even 70/30. It depends how upset you are at the time.

Regardless, the fact remains you hate Christians and women but won't say why. Here's the thing, Jack: most mature adults, especially parents, can guess why.

It's YOUR claim -- YOU ask him. He did not say anything even remotely like that.

hahahaha ... that's been his claim. I'll ask him.
Note: When you try to pin him down, he will usually throw out 'Socrates', 'Aristotle', 'Freud', and anything else that will change the Topic.

It's a Discussion platform. We all come here to discuss our opinions on everything under the sun.
Cypress has an opinion. I like hearing what he has to say. He seems intelligent, articulate, and has a wide sense of knowledge about the world and history.
I can't disagree with much about what he has to say. EXCEPT ... that 'Christianity is the basis of Compassion and Mercy'.

How odd that your misconception of what he has written on *that one particular topic* so triggers you. Why is that?

I happen to agree that in Western culture, particularly since the Enlightenment, that Christianity HAS informed our systems of law and justice (mercy), as well as compassion (charity). It is not the sole basis of these things, but it is at least partially responsible.

Attacking an individual for expressing a belief that you don't happen to agree with because of your past is childish. Why are you so childish?

How odd that your misconception of what he has written on *that one particular topic* so triggers you. Why is that?

I happen to agree that in Western culture, particularly since the Enlightenment, that Christianity HAS informed our systems of law and justice (mercy), as well as compassion (charity). It is not the sole basis of these things, but it is at least partially responsible.

Attacking an individual for expressing a belief that you don't happen to agree with because of your past is childish. Why are you so childish?

I responded to what he wrote. That's what a Discussion Board is all about ... discussion.

"particularly since the Enlightenment". Yeah. That would be the point, --->since the Enlightenment.

"What is the main idea of the Enlightenment?
The Enlightenment, a philosophical movement that dominated in Europe during the 18th century, was centered around the idea that reason is the primary source of authority and legitimacy, and advocated such ideals as liberty, progress, tolerance, fraternity, constitutional government, and separation of church and state."
The Enlightenment | Boundless World History - Lumen Learning

Jack is nor 'attacking' Cypress. We disagree upon a topic and are putting forth our Arguments.

I know what happened with Billy and Grind, but just curious, what about Soc? did he say he was leaving the board, or did he just disappear? He was funny sometimes.

Soc is a blast from the past. My memory is slipping but my recollection of him is he may have leaned left or right (can't remember) but you didn't always know what position he would take. With many you know what they are going to say before they post it. I don't recall him being an ideologue or hard core partisan, so kind of looked forward to hearing his opinions.

Jack is nor 'attacking' Cypress. We disagree upon a topic and are putting forth our Arguments.

Not really. You are deliberately misconstruing his comments in order to continue your attacks both on him and on a religion that you hate. In this thread, you're poutraged that the new mod is also a Christian minister.

Soc is a blast from the past. My memory is slipping but my recollection of him is he may have leaned left or right (can't remember) but you didn't always know what position he would take. With many you know what they are going to say before they post it. I don't recall him being an ideologue or hard core partisan, so kind of looked forward to hearing his opinions.

I don't remember either, I think he leaned left, but he had a libertarian streak if I recall.

Back