New Data Shows Hot Weather Devastating for the Endurance of Electric Vehicles

It is not fraud.
It is fraud. The Church of Global Warming is based on fraud.
The temps in America are setting ALL TIME records.
It is not possible to measure the temperature of America.
People are dying from the heat.
Heat has no temperature. Obviously, you have no idea what 'heat' means.
Over 100 million Americans are in a heat emergency.
Heat is not an emergency. Obviously, you have no idea what 'heat' means.
Just fall on the pavement and you get 3rd-degree burns and wind up in the hospital.
Heat has no temperature. Obviously, you have no idea what 'heat' means.
ICEs will be around your whole life.
Still trying to deny what King Newsom has done, eh? Still trying to deny what Biden wants to do, eh? I will call this Argument 1.
So will the effects of global warming.
No gas or vapor has the capability to warm the Earth. It is not possible to measure the temperature of the Earth.
The gov is saying nothing to you.
Blatant lie.
Just saying after a fixed date, new ICEs cannot be sold.
I will call this Argument 2. You are now locked in paradox. Irrational. You are contradicting yourself.

So? That could be due to purely natural causes.
There is no 'natural cause' that causes any gas or vapor to warm anything simply by their presence.
In Arizona, one of the reasons Maricopa county is so hot is a massive increase in urban heat island effect.
This is a buzzword. It is not possible to measure the temperature of Maricopa county.
One of the contributors to that is an big increase in solar panels.
Explain.
The Photovoltaic Heat Island Effect: Larger solar power plants increase local temperatures
https://www.nature.com/articles/srep35070
Ah. So you are echoing a magazine article without doing your homework.

The article is making up numbers and using them as 'data'.

What I'm not buying is the CO2 angle.
Good. It has absolutely ZERO capability to warm the Earth simply by it's presence.
When the government essentially outlaws ICE vehicles, they won't stop there. Next comes reasons to ban gas stations, then reasons to no allow new registration of existing ICE vehicles, etc. If they want them gone, they're gone. That is how the Left rolls.
This is exactly how the left operates.

Tinker has stated that they live in AZ and can you tell you, for fact, that this is all BS and it is no hotter now than it was decades ago.

The data says otherwise and i cited it but Tinker stands by their view as accurate because it is based on their personal feelings in this area and the need to deny anything and everything 'climate change'.

You have no data. Void reference fallacy.
Climate cannot change. Climate has no temperature. Obviously, you don't know what 'climate' means.

You do not want to, so you simply will not. The science is clear and the evidence is piling up. We all have to suffer from righty recalcitrance.

Science is not evidence, Nordbutt. Science is a set of falsifiable theories. The science YOU discard is clear.

You deny the 1st law of thermodynamics. No gas or vapor has the magick capability to create energy out of nothing.
You deny the 2nd law of thermodynamics. No gas or vapor has the capability to heat a surface that is warmer than the gas or vapor.
You deny the Stefan-Boltzmann law. ALL substances radiate light depending on temperature. It is the same for ALL surfaces (or gas molecules).
You deny Planck's law. Not all photons are equal.
You deny Newton's law of motion. You cannot make a heavier car travel the same distance as a lighter car with the same number of joules.
You deny Carnot's law and Kirchoff's law by ignoring losses of energy that do not result in moving a car forward.

You deny science. Don't try to hide behind what you despise.

You do not want to, so you simply will not. The science is clear and the evidence is piling up. We all have to suffer from righty recalcitrance.

I live in Maricopa county, it doesn't feel any hotter than usual.

It's raining right now as a matter of fact.

It's monsoon season.

Li-ion batteries are already solid state.
Most batteries are, with the notable exception of the lead-acid battery.

ProLogium is just making another Li-ion battery it has the same capacity as any other, despite their claims. Li-ion provides a fixed number of joules per mole of lithium. That hasn't changed since the 80's.

You da man!

I have never seen the range drop on hot days. It does on cold days though. Gas mileage o ICEs is lower in winter too.

I've NEVER had a problem with my Tesla Model Y on hot days. It drives just like it always does.
Not true with gas cars. They overheat in hot weather, especially in stop-n-go traffic.

It is odd, if we EV owners want to learn what owning an EV is like, we have to ask the experts on this board who hate them and say they will never own one.

I've NEVER had a problem with my Tesla Model Y on hot days. It drives just like it always does.
Not true with gas cars. They overheat in hot weather, especially in stop-n-go traffic.

Back to your usual stupid chanting.

Range is reduced on a Tesla Model Y on hot days, due to the use of HVAC.
Gas cars don't overheat in hot weather, not even in stop and go traffic (unless something is wrong with them).

All of this has already been explained to you.

It is not fraud.
It is fraud. It is also religion, science denial, mathematics denial, logic denial, fear mongering, and even blatant lies.

The temps in America are setting ALL TIME records.
It is not possible to accurately measure the temperature of America. "Record high/low temps" are a regular occurrence. Meh.

People are dying from the heat.
Heat is not temperature.

Over 100 million Americans are in a heat emergency.
Heat is not temperature, nor an emergency. You are fear mongering over Summer.

All you need to do is take some precautions on the hottest days (e.g. keep hydrated, limit strenuous activity, take breaks, etc)

Just fall on the pavement and you get 3rd-degree burns and wind up in the hospital.
It's a scary world out there... be VERY VERY AFRAID... :laugh:

ICEs will be around your whole life.
The gov is saying nothing to you.
Just saying after a fixed date, new ICEs cannot be sold.
Paradox. Which is it?

So will the effects of global warming.
There is no such thing as "global warming". It is a meaningless buzzword meant to fear monger about the weather and to get people to relinquish even more of their freedom to Big Government in exchange for a false promise of "safety".

Last edited:
You live in Michigan. Texas and Arizona will wear an EV out.
He's lying about not experiencing a drop in range in summer.

There are hot days in Michigan too (albeit not as hot as Texas or Arizona, but still hot, as upper 80s/lower 90s are fairly common in Michigan during summer)... so he still runs his AC during the summer, and that still requires power from his battery, still reducing his range.

In Michigan, winter gets significantly colder than it does in Texas or Arizona (sub zero temps, and single digit high temps, are fairly common), so his EV has even more fun with Michigan winters. The EV's battery heater requires power from the battery, reducing the EV's range.

It seems that he denies the existence of his EV's range drop during summer because it happens to be less of a drop than he experiences during winter due to living in Michigan.

Back