NEW JPP FEATURE - Everyone now has the ability to BAN anyone from threads they start

I can't. But I believe that yurt's (and some others, to be fair) arguments that cars can be equated to guns is pure idiocy. I'd love to see evidence of that pairing marked "correct" on an analogy test.

Another thing, I stopped reading the gun threads many days ago. It was too disheartening.

There is a lot of stuff that Yurt posts that I don't agree with but I gave up trying to understand US gun culture and mentality years ago. There is no country in the world that is even close to the lunacy of the US with guns. I was marvelling at Mott saying the other day that he banned people from sites for not wearing hard hats and toe protectors yet total morons are allowed to have private arsenals.

More power to the people is usually better. I can't see why you'd want to ban people that are going to disagree. What's the point then?

One question, though, are you able to threadban someone after discussion has been ongoing or only when the the thread is created?
Only at creation, however we will add people to the list if requested to by the thread starter. The modification only allows moderators to change the list once the thread has been created.

Wasn't that Grind who put me on ignore way back when?
I convinced Damo that Moderators could not put anyone on ignore.

Are you calling Grind an idiot?

Calm down Cawacko, I'll hardly ban you from most of my threads...

I'm just not wired to take that big of a risk. I couldn't imagine you posting and me not being able to reach out to you. I'm really having trouble with this new ruling.

Wasn't that Grind who put me on ignore way back when?
I convinced Damo that Moderators could not put anyone on ignore.

ignore list is not the same as threadban list

you are not on ignore

though you were on my ignore list a long long time ago, before your first exodus from JPP.

I'm just not wired to take that big of a risk. I couldn't imagine you posting and me not being able to reach out to you. I'm really having trouble with this new ruling.

Funny, you have no problem ignoring me, one of the most enlightened posters here.

if you are threadbanned, you can still read the thread, you can still start your own thread, still pm people, still post visitor messages, etc... there are plenty of opportunities for you to reach out to a person if you get threadbanned. And if you are a nice enough person (which you are) if you end up thread banned by someone, you can probably convince them not to in the future.

update: everyone can see the list of banned users from a particular thread now, it will be in the top left corner above the reply button

if you are threadbanned, you can still read the thread, you can still start your own thread, still pm people, still post visitor messages, etc... there are plenty of opportunities for you to reach out to a person if you get threadbanned. And if you are a nice enough person (which you are) if you end up thread banned by someone, you can probably convince them not to in the future.

I was just messing around saying that. The rule doesn't bother me one way or the other.

You know he was being facetious right? That wasn't an overwrought scene from a low-rent cyber remake of Titanic...plus I'd never ban Cawacko from anything.

You know he was being facetious right? That wasn't an overwrought scene from a low-rent cyber remake of Titanic...plus I'd never ban Cawacko from anything.

i realized after I posted. But I know he is in love with you so much that I thought it was plausible that he would never want the possibility of being out of your sight a reality.

it's just a shame legion troll left. I would have loved the opportunity to boot his ass out of all my threads.

Back