NEW JPP FEATURE - Everyone now has the ability to BAN anyone from threads they start

Wasn't that Grind who put me on ignore way back when?
I convinced Damo that Moderators could not put anyone on ignore.

When did you convince Damo of this? I would like to find out why it's okay for that drunken fool Billy to IA me but I can't IA him. That's bullshit. Another abuse of power by the worse mod ever.

When did you convince Damo of this? I would like to find out why it's okay for that drunken fool Billy to IA me but I can't IA him. That's bullshit. Another abuse of power by the worse mod ever.

it's just the way the system works. It's not like some arbitrary setting we just made up.. it's built in. I guess the logic is the software wants to allow mods to always be able to let people know if they are breaking the rules or something

ok so there is a bug... basically anyone can avoid the ban if they post from tapatalk.

I only publicize this so people understand why it appears to fail in certain instances.

If you know you are banned from a thread, do not try and avoid the ban.

I don't think this is a huge issue in the long term because 98% of all posting is from the web, not from typing on your phone. And if you want to go out of your way and switch from your comp to your phone or tablet every time you want to post in a specific thread, ok... good for you. Enjoy phone typing with your fat cheeto fingers whenever you want to flame someone.

We'll be deleting any posts by anyone that is banned from a thread but posts in said thread from tapatalk.

The long term solution will obviously be to see if there is a way to fix this issue for tapatalk entirely.

I think this will be an excellent feature, if used properly. If people start threads and ban the trolls and truly hostile assholes, we might have some better discussions.

However, I can also see it being a way to refuse access to anyone who would disagree with you.

I think this will be an excellent feature, if used properly. If people start threads and ban the trolls and truly hostile assholes, we might have some better discussions.

However, I can also see it being a way to refuse access to anyone who would disagree with you.

yup... but I think most people would use it appropriately. maybe i am just the undying optimist though.

Yeah but I doubt many people on a political message board only want to talk to people who don't disagree with them. Maybe I am wrong we will see. I think I will like the feature. It does allow you to do away with the most abusive assholes and the biggest trolls. The only thing is of course, you can only get rid of them on your own threads. I feel like a bigger byproduct could end up being that you only want to post on your own threads.

ok so there is a bug... basically anyone can avoid the ban if they post from tapatalk.

I only publicize this so people understand why it appears to fail in certain instances.

If you know you are banned from a thread, do not try and avoid the ban.

I don't think this is a huge issue in the long term because 98% of all posting is from the web, not from typing on your phone. And if you want to go out of your way and switch from your comp to your phone or tablet every time you want to post in a specific thread, ok... good for you. Enjoy phone typing with your fat cheeto fingers whenever you want to flame someone.

We'll be deleting any posts by anyone that is banned from a thread but posts in said thread from tapatalk.

The long term solution will obviously be to see if there is a way to fix this issue for tapatalk entirely.

You found it. The flip side is tapatalk doesn't let you ban others either. I actually use tapatalk much more than the web. Actually much better experience than the web.

But I don't know if I would call it a bug as much as I would call it a microcosm of totalitarianism. All totalitarians say they are doing it for the "greater good". So they devise a fix like banning people from threads, then inevitably there is a way around said fix. Said totalitarians can't allow the fix to not work. Their pride won't let it not work. So they come up with a fix for the fix that didn't fix the fix. Soon they are changing words to more politically correct words.

All when there are much easier ways to go. Yet, all very fun to watch.

Last edited:
so only the person who starts the thread can block posters?......I thought you had done something so that anyone could "ban" someone from any thread at any time.....I had visions of nothing but unfinished arguments.........

Back