NEW JPP FEATURE - Everyone now has the ability to BAN anyone from threads they start

You've stated before anyone who puts someone else on IA is a coward. But now you think its genius to be able to ban people from threads?

There was a time when I would agree with you. But with so many good threads sliding down into a cesspool or name-calling and snide personal attacks, this feature seems to have potential.

But it would probably be easier to have a list of people allowed to post on a thread. lol

There was a time when I would agree with you. But with so many good threads sliding down into a cesspool or name-calling and snide personal attacks, this feature seems to have potential.

But it would probably be easier to have a list of people allowed to post on a thread. lol

Agreed. I probably won't use it, but it's a good option to have.

The insult-exchanging thing has just gotten weird, imo. It's the same posters, posting the exact same insults, and in almost the exact same order. "Boring" isn't even a good word for it. It's so far beyond that at this point.

Agreed. I probably won't use it, but it's a good option to have.

The insult-exchanging thing has just gotten weird, imo. It's the same posters, posting the exact same insults, and in almost the exact same order. "Boring" isn't even a good word for it. It's so far beyond that at this point.

Like I said - fools. Braindead.

You used to have some brain cells. It's a real pity.

You guys are total fools. 100%.

I was going to ignore that titmouse of a troll.

You really have lost your mind. You're completely delusional.

You've lost your mind.

same poster...same insults

yeah...boring

LOL

Yeah but I doubt many people on a political message board only want to talk to people who don't disagree with them. Maybe I am wrong we will see. I think I will like the feature. It does allow you to do away with the most abusive assholes and the biggest trolls. The only thing is of course, you can only get rid of them on your own threads. I feel like a bigger byproduct could end up being that you only want to post on your own threads.

True. I don't have a problem with discussing issues, my problem is with trolls like Yurt and ILA flooding threads with insults and no discussion. This keeps them out of my threads and gives me the added pleasure of them keeping me out of their threads when they flamebait my supremely intelligent responses.

It would be useful if the banned posters were aware of it without having to find out when they try to post to a thread.
I agree with you, those little notifications popups, like for those "Groans" and "Thanks" should include when someone has been put into the infamous "Banned From Post" binder. Maybe, they could have a little red flag pop up that the member could click to see who gave up and banned them? I am replying here because I know that many Lib Demos who cannot stand the SJJ heat will put me in there, and I say..."So What". Of course some of their Lib Demo jerks will not get banned by their Lib cohors, this is just another good way for the Lib Demos to bury a poster who routinely "outplays them". I stand by everything that I have ever posted on here, and I vow that I will never ban anyone, even Dudette, because no one on here scares me, never did in the past and never will here. I am not changing, ban or no ban, forget about. When I post, I want all those non-members thread "Views", the Moore the merrier.

fyi everyone can now immediately see when they are banned from the thread, as it lists at the top of every thread who specifically is banned

fyi everyone can now immediately see when they are banned from the thread, as it lists at the top of every thread who specifically is banned

Excellent idea re: listing who is banned as there are threads I wouldn't want to participate in if certain people were on the banned list. The reason being another poster taking the same position as myself on a topic may be able to contribute information and/or cites I was unable to find.

As for the general idea of banning people from threads I am inclined to avoid such threads. While a few posters may troll it's nice to see differing points of view and a point a troll may mention might lead to a serious question being rephrased.

All in all it's good to see the willingness to experiment/try different things. :good4u:

back? and why would you welcome me? you have tried to get me banned more than once and you ban me from your threads. you obviously are scared to debate to me, so i question why you would welcome me.

Let the whining officially begin!

Quite surprising it took this long. Been thinking to myself, :"wow, yurt is being surprisingly mature about this new feature, considering he has the most to lose from it."

I guess he is a little slower than I thought.

back? and why would you welcome me? you have tried to get me banned more than once and you ban me from your threads. you obviously are scared to debate to me, so i question why you would welcome me.

Yurt, Yurt, Yurt....poor little Yurtie.

It's not that I don't want to debate you, it's that I don't want to embarass you any more than you already are.

And I only ban you from my threads because you contribute nothing...zero....zip....nada to them.

here is what howey thinks is contribution:

If the mentally ill couldn't have firearms, three quarters of the gun nuts on this forum would be pistol-less.

Dude...that's not abuse.

It's the truth.

You are seriously fucking nuts. Why any right winger on this forum would come to your defense is amazing.

I know...he's quite the rocket scientist, isn't he?

Yup. More teabaggers playing with their phallic toys. How responsible!

Yurt, Yurt, Yurt....poor little Yurtie.

It's not that I don't want to debate you, it's that I don't want to embarass you any more than you already are.

And I only ban you from my threads because you contribute nothing...zero....zip....nada to them.

What can ya do?

You treat the guy with a modicum of respect, welcome him back politely and he goes off the deep end with the same tired derision.

There just is no pleasing douchebags like the YurTard.

What can ya do?

You treat the guy with a modicum of respect, welcome him back politely and he goes off the deep end with the same tired derision.

There just is no pleasing douchebags like the YurTard.

it never ceases to amaze me that you don't see your hypocrisy...i did not respond with derision to him at all. i merely politely asked a question. but of course you have nothing but derision and insults.

it never ceases to amaze me that you don't see your hypocrisy...i did not respond with derision to him at all. i merely politely asked a question. but of course you have nothing but derision and insults.

Oh of course not...telling Howey he's too scared to debate you isn't you deriding him in an attempt to goad him into debating you

And I don't see any hypocrisy for one simple reason...there is none to see.

You've fabricated this supposed hypocrisy in order to avoid admitting what a liar you are and to give you an excuse to continue being the biggest douchebag on the board.

Back