New Rule Forbidding Banning

People can change. IMO, it's always best to leave a door open somewhere.

Okay. Here's one. :rofl2:

j8u5BcH.jpg

That we permit threads with wholesale bans on participation is asinine. One member does it repeatedly. Today the member launched five new threads each banning dozens of members who typically express political views at odds with his own.

Put an end to this.

You know - it irritated me at first but then I realized the people that mass thread-ban people aren't people I wish to have discussions with anyway.

If moon, for example ever started a thread where the topic intrigued me, I'd just start a duplicate-type thread and invite everyone to participate. Even moon.

This is about Earl's bans; he was doing it when I came here. Evading debate on a site intended for debate is exactly the point.

Oh, geez. I've had Earl on iggy for months. He can ban whomever he wants, as far as I'm concerned. There can be no reasonable discussion with that weirdo.

Minty had her chance. She posted many times in the Nice Thread, where ppl were civil and interactive with her. Then when COgoat got her thread shut down by Damo, she switched back to the Dark Side where she's been ever since. If she's the "sanest one" of the bunch, they're in big trouble. Her giving me 100% of the blame for that is not logical, rational, nor true. She is more than welcome to ask Damo either publicly or privately if I had a single thing to do with that, or if I even ever requested him to close it. The answer in both cases is no, but she's not interested in truth, only in vendettas. Why blame me, rather than Mason or COgoat or someone else? Because she did the same back-stabbing thing to Toxic in 2019 when Toxic refused to say a peep to USF about his dog abuse. She's terrified because she revealed a LOT about herself in PMs to me, as well as about her erstwhile gf Toxic. She desperately wants to paint me as a psycho liar, lest people believe me if I reveal who the real Minty is. Hint: Nothing like the public version she tries to display here.

APL loves fucking with them. It's hilarious! It's fun to watch Minty and Toxic twist in rage after publicly stating that thread-bans are wrong. Will they revert to their usual hypocrisy and thread-ban Lefty, or let him continue to mock them? Stay tuned for the next episode of As The Weirdos Turn, here exclusively on JPP. :laugh:

^ Yep. And Minty just started a new thread where you and I and others are thread-banned. You can't make it up.

However, I urge you to remember that we are all so BLESSED not to be them.[SUP]© [/SUP]:rofl2:

^ Yep. And Minty just started a new thread where you and I and others are thread-banned. You can't make it up.

However, I urge you to remember that we are all so BLESSED not to be them.[SUP]© [/SUP]:rofl2:

Agreed. Being bitter and/or insane is a curse. It's a blessing to be free of their afflictions.

"There but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford" - John Bradford (circa 1510–1555), English evangelical preacher and martyr, upon watching prisoners being marched to their hanging.

Agreed. Being bitter and/or insane is a curse. It's a blessing to be free of their afflictions.

"There but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford" - John Bradford (circa 1510–1555), English evangelical preacher and martyr, upon watching prisoners being marched to their hanging.

Hardly a day goes by without Top making that blessing comment on the toxic thread.

I dont always follow the rule myself, in part because I have gotten so little support for it, but I have long called for a community shunning of all threads with more than five threadbans.

I dont believe threadbanning should be allowed at all, but surely five is enough, more than that proves the lack of willingness to allow a fair fight.

I rarely ban anyone, but I can see a valid use for it. I have on occasion banned TruthTeflector because he spammed with stupid comments. It made him difficult to ignore.

I rarely ban anyone, but I can see a valid use for it. I have on occasion banned TruthTeflector because he spammed with stupid comments. It made him difficult to ignore.

I can see why some people would ban TD, TDAK and Sybil. They do clutter up threads with bullshit.

She does that a lot? It's looks like standard Passive-Aggressive bullshit to me.

Victims always try to play the nice guy while blaming others for their problems....the sentiment is right. It is sad people wake up so angry and hateful every day.

IMO, that's a matter of Free Will. Blaming it on God is pure victim mentality. Pure surrender and refusing God's gift of Free Will.

She does that a lot? It's looks like standard Passive-Aggressive bullshit to me.

Victims always try to play the nice guy while blaming others for their problems....and she's right. It is sad people wake up so angry and hateful every day. IMO, that's a matter of Free Will. Blaming it on God is pure victim mentality. Pure surrender and refusing God's gift of Free Will.

She and Minty do different versions of this every day... very righteously. LOL

I can see why some people would ban TD, TDAK and Sybil. They do clutter up threads with bullshit.

I found that thread drift occurs later if you ban the obvious trolls like TD, TDAK, etc. Otherwise the first page of the discussion quickly devolves into "You're a stupid poopyhead" and the interesting comments are lost.

Really? Does she actually quote it or simply post "there but for the grace of God go I"?

It's not that actual quote, but very similar. "We're* so blessed to not be like them" or "We're so thankful we're not angry/confused/bitter/envious/etc. like them." I also enjoy Minty's insistence that she never, ever reads our posts, which she believes hurts our feelz -- while simultaneously referring to their content. You can't make this shit up! lol

* [It's always 'we' because Toxic is incapable of standing alone and using the 'I' word]

Back