New school shooting

"It's not a simplistic scene," Vance said. " We will be here through the night, through the weekend. There is a great deal of work that has to be done." Vance later said that the murder scene was so gruesome that first responders, including tactical squad police, were provided counseling later in the day.

"This was a tragic, horrific scene they encountered,'' he said.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2012/12/14/school-shooting-connecticut/1769367/

must have been horrifying to see that, probably looked like warzone

still waiting for evince's regulation that she claims she mentioned.....

lol...and she barked at STY for running away

evince?

i've asked you four times now...what specifically is the regulation you claimed you stated and that STY apparently cut out causing you to burst a vein and call him a liar about 3 dozen times.

i'm serious, i am curious about what regulation you believe would have prevented today's tragedy.

The guy was living in New Jersey. That waste depository is hardly a red state, and likely has all sorts of stringent gun laws to prevent these things from happening.

"It's not a simplistic scene," Vance said. " We will be here through the night, through the weekend. There is a great deal of work that has to be done." Vance later said that the murder scene was so gruesome that first responders, including tactical squad police, were provided counseling later in the day.

"This was a tragic, horrific scene they encountered,'' he said.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2012/12/14/school-shooting-connecticut/1769367/

must have been horrifying to see that, probably looked like warzone
My prayers for the family members first and foremost but I can only imagine the impact that this will have on the first responders. My prayers and thought are with them tonight too. I can only imagine the horror they have suffered through today.

the constitution is a legal document. nothing more, nothing less. it gives certain powers over to the government and nothing more. It strictly limits the federal government from being able to do certain things. As a legal document, it is unchanging and must be read strictly as it's text is printed.

The Founding Fathers envisioned the Constitution as a living document. That's why they made provisions to amend it as needed.

yes there is.

It also involves medical treatment for EVERYONE including comprehensive mental health care

lol...and she barked at STY for running away

evince?

i've asked you four times now...what specifically is the regulation you claimed you stated and that STY apparently cut out causing you to burst a vein and call him a liar about 3 dozen times.

i'm serious, i am curious about what regulation you believe would have prevented today's tragedy.

You don't think there's mental evaluations available that can determine this?

The military has a battery of psychological evaluations one must take before joining the service.

Many employers do the same.

Any of these could be modified to be given to prospective weapon owners.

The guy was living in New Jersey. That waste depository is hardly a red state, and likely has all sorts of stringent gun laws to prevent these things from happening.
That's a good point. There's got to be constructive solutions to this problem though. It's simply happening far to often.

The Founding Fathers envisioned the Constitution as a living document. That's why they made provisions to amend it as needed.

Right, so if you want to curb my rights you will need to get an Amendment passed and that Amendment will need to be ratified, otherwise let's talk about different solutions.

If they were adequate you'd find that the Movie Theater shooting in Aurora, CO wouldn't have happened, he was seeing a shrink...

The military has a battery of psychological evaluations one must take before joining the service.
And still some get in that shouldn't.

And there is never any fraud ever again, and they lived happily ever after. The End.

And none of them would have stopped any of the shooting, nor would you suffer your right to vote to be only if you passed a test...

no, they did not. they wrote in an amendment process to do nothing more than legally change a legal document. not a living document to be re-interpreted from time to time.

Any of these could be modified to be given to prospective weapon owners.[/QUOTE]

they have them for cops also, and look at the psychopaths we have in law enforcement today.

Right, so if you want to curb my rights you will need to get an Amendment passed and that Amendment will need to be ratified, otherwise let's talk about different solutions.

If they were adequate you'd find that the Movie Theater shooting in Aurora, CO wouldn't have happened, he was seeing a shrink...

And still some get in that shouldn't.

And there is never any fraud ever again, and they lived happily ever after. The End.

And none of them would have stopped any of the shooting, nor would you suffer your right to vote to be only if you passed a test...

You don't need to amend the Constitution to weed out unscrupulous gun dealers and guns by mail order.

those mental evaluations to join a business or the military are not always accurate, so no, i don't believe in all cases it can be determined. further, this is about a constitutional right, maybe two as i feel such a requirement is an invasion of privacy. it would never pass scrutiny in court. you could have the test and the guy or gal gives a sane result....a year later he or she could snap.

psychosis is difficult to determine ahead of time. and AGAIN, see CO shooting where he was being treated.

NOBODY has an answer to avoid these massacres because there is no way to do so, other than what I posited. One would think that by now after all the idiot gun laws you hoplophobes have made and they haven't worked, you'd quit. the saying that 'stupidity knows no bounds' has never been truer in that respect.

And? Are we supposed to sit around with our thumbs up our tushes and just let them happen?

no, they did not. they wrote in an amendment process to do nothing more than legally change a legal document. not a living document to be re-interpreted from time to time.

If it has to be amended, it wasn't perfect in the first place.

Back