Obama camp trying to scare seniors... AGAIN...

SF uses "LMAO" a lot in situations like this.

I seriously doubt he's really laughing his ass of...
I know I've chuckled a few times. The "detailed how he is getting his money" made me laugh actually out loud. 60 Billion in tax increases (yes, minimizing a bit but the point is still real) are not going to pay for his plans. As I said before, both of these guys call in a bunch of the "then a miracle happens" in the middle and hope nobody notices.

Closing a few loopholes and raising taxes on the top 5% ain't cutting it. Somewhere he has to wish upon a star and hope the money faerie drops in with a wad of dough...

SF uses "LMAO" a lot in situations like this.

I seriously doubt he's really laughing his ass of...

Actually I am laughing at you, tiana and dung's non stop attempts to defend the messiah. But I know... CBS, Newsweek and Factcheck are all wrong and your beloved messiah did not lie about McCain cutting $800b from Medicare benefits. That never happened. Nope. Not ever, because Obamas lemmings have said so. Because their messiah is incapable of lying.

LMAO.... so he is going to cut the wealthy's drug benefits by $800b?

You are seriously reaching.... I know it is hard for you to see the Media call the Messiah out for the friggin lie. But please, continue to ignore everything you see.... Obama is the One. He shall bring forth bountiful fruits, lower oil to $1 a barrell, rid the world of evil corporations and lower the flood waters so that the wealthy can keep their beach front homes etc....

Let me remind you how badly you just got spanked. And not in a good way either.

Supertool said:
The point of the article is not whether McCain will be successful or not making his plan budget neutral, but whether or not he plans to cut benefits. He clearly does not plan to cut benefits as Obama claims. THAT is the bullshit portion of the ad that is designed to scare seniors.

SmartLiberal said:
"http://thehill.com/campaign-2008/mccain-plan-to-scale-back-drug-benefit-gets-little-attention-in-florida-2008-01-26.html

During his run for the White House, McCain has not obscured his view that the drug benefit needs to be scaled back, indeed even bragging about it at times."

after posting this several times, it finally clicked and then:

Supertool said:
LMAO... so he wants to scale back the pill bill? Ok, I had not seen that, though I doubt too many people would be opposed to scaling that monstrosity back....

Let me remind you how badly you just got spanked. And not in a good way either.

after posting this several times, it finally clicked and then:

http://www.newsweek.com/id/160179

Yeah, it is as you say, Obama isn't trying to scare seniors with his lies....

"Summary
In Daytona Beach, Obama said that "if my opponent had his way, the millions of Floridians who rely on it would've had their Social Security tied up in the stock market this week." He referred to "elderly women" at risk of poverty, and said families would be scrambling to support "grandmothers and grandfathers."

That's not true. The plan proposed by President Bush and supported by McCain in 2005 would not have allowed anyone born before 1950 to invest any part of their Social Security taxes in private accounts. All current retirees would be covered by the same benefits they are now."

But I know... you will run to moveon.moron or Obamamites for the Messiah.com and get your talking points that "dispute" what is being reported.

Bottom line... McCain is NOT going to be cutting Medicare bene's by $800b, Social Security benefits for current retirees would NOT go away under privatization. Obama is lying, but that is acceptable to his good little lemmings.

Bottom line... McCain is NOT going to be cutting Medicare bene's by $800b, Social Security benefits for current retirees would NOT go away under privatization. Obama is lying, but that is acceptable to his good little lemmings.

LOL, I love it when Cons get called out and start qualifying their original assertions.

Its ok supertool. We know you and accept you for the gimp you are.

LOL, I love it when Cons get called out and start qualifying their original assertions.

Its ok supertool. We know you and accept you for the gimp you are.

Right.... you love to proclaim victory even when it is clear your messiah lied.

Tell me this... IS McCain planning on cutting $800b in medicare benefits as Obama claims? Yes or no?

You try to cling to his desire to reduce the pill bill portion of medicare for the wealthy and pretend it is across the board cuts as Obama is implying while trying to scare seniors. It pains you that your candidate is using such Rovian tactics doesn't it? He is using lies and fearmongering to try to scare seniors into thinking their medicare and SS are in jeopardy, when in reality they are not.

That is also why Lorax resorted to the BS line of 'well McCain is trying to get Obama hung, so why worry about Obamas lies'?

"That is also why Lorax resorted to the BS line of 'well McCain is trying to get Obama hung, so why worry about Obamas lies'?"

That's not what I said.

You tend to do this when the humiliation runs too deep for you; you just start lying your ass off & putting words in other people's mouths.

You're really a fool. Just admit you're in a corner and bail...

"That is also why Lorax resorted to the BS line of 'well McCain is trying to get Obama hung, so why worry about Obamas lies'?"

That's not what I said.

You tend to do this when the humiliation runs too deep for you; you just start lying your ass off & putting words in other people's mouths.

You're really a fool. Just admit you're in a corner and bail...

You stated...."the McCain camp is ginning up a lynching for Obama, and you're upset because a guy who has voted to cut Medicare & who would logically have to in order to keep his promises is somehow being misrepresented...."

Please dipshit.... enlighten us as to how my paraphrasing was incorrect.

You stated...."the McCain camp is ginning up a lynching for Obama, and you're upset because a guy who has voted to cut Medicare & who would logically have to in order to keep his promises is somehow being misrepresented...."

Please dipshit.... enlighten us as to how my paraphrasing was incorrect.

You said that I said "why worry about Obama's lies?", when in fact, I did exactly the opposite, and showed why he is not lying.

You are a really, really stupid person.

http://www.newsweek.com/id/160179

Yeah, it is as you say, Obama isn't trying to scare seniors with his lies....

"Summary
In Daytona Beach, Obama said that "if my opponent had his way, the millions of Floridians who rely on it would've had their Social Security tied up in the stock market this week." He referred to "elderly women" at risk of poverty, and said families would be scrambling to support "grandmothers and grandfathers."

That's not true. The plan proposed by President Bush and supported by McCain in 2005 would not have allowed anyone born before 1950 to invest any part of their Social Security taxes in private accounts. All current retirees would be covered by the same benefits they are now."

But I know... you will run to moveon.moron or Obamamites for the Messiah.com and get your talking points that "dispute" what is being reported.

But Social Security is, as you've called it, a Ponzi scheme wherein current workers pay for the benefits of current retirees. If current workers are not paying into Social Security but rather are paying into private accounts where is the money going to come from to pay current retirees the promised benefits?

I think I see the problem that you are having in attacking Obama. He's actually thinking about what would happen if the proposed policies were actually implemented and making statements about those actual consequences as opposed to stopping at the platitudes espoused by John McCain. Try to think one step further.

You said that I said "why worry about Obama's lies?", when in fact, I did exactly the opposite, and showed why he is not lying.

You are a really, really stupid person.

No dipshit... you stated that McCain was trying to get Obama lynched so why was I worrying about McCain being misrepresented.

You did not show he wasn't lying. You showed that in the past McCain hasn't been clear on Medicare to you and tried to use that as justification for Obamas lies.

CBS, Newsweek, Factcheck ALL stated that Obama is lying on this... yet you continue to pretend that your spin somehow eliminates all of that.

HACK.

But Social Security is, as you've called it, a Ponzi scheme wherein current workers pay for the benefits of current retirees. If current workers are not paying into Social Security but rather are paying into private accounts where is the money going to come from to pay current retirees the promised benefits?

I think I see the problem that you are having in attacking Obama. He's actually thinking about what would happen if the proposed policies were actually implemented and making statements about those actual consequences as opposed to stopping at the platitudes espoused by John McCain. Try to think one step further.

God you are a moron.... It is going to come from the exact same place it is going to come from today.... from the US government... who will have to print money it doesn't currently have to pay those benefits. Privatization does not change that. Privatization is a way to eliminate the ponzi scheme. Simply saying, 'well we would have to find that money elsewhere, so lets just keep the ponzi scheme going until it blows up in our face' is not a solution.

One way or another, we are going to have to make up for the shortfall.

You are full of shit with regards to Obamas intentions. He is using nothing more than scare tactics to pretend that the government under McCain would cut Medicare and SS benefits to seniors. Which is blatantly NOT the case. It is truly sad to see that you are so incredibly gullible.

It is the same type of fearmongering that the Dems use every time someone tries to fix the problems with SS, Medicare/Medicaid etc.... 'oh nose they gunna steal your benefits, thus we can't change a nuthin'

"No dipshit... you stated that McCain was trying to get Obama lynched so why was I worrying about McCain being misrepresented. "

So why did you say that I said "why worry about Obama's lies?"

That's an outright lie, Superfreak, and you do it all the time when you're getting embarassed. You put words in people's mouths; not cool...

God you are a moron.... It is going to come from the exact same place it is going to come from today.... from the US government... who will have to print money it doesn't currently have to pay those benefits. Privatization does not change that. Privatization is a way to eliminate the ponzi scheme. Simply saying, 'well we would have to find that money elsewhere, so lets just keep the ponzi scheme going until it blows up in our face' is not a solution.

One way or another, we are going to have to make up for the shortfall.

You are full of shit with regards to Obamas intentions. He is using nothing more than scare tactics to pretend that the government under McCain would cut Medicare and SS benefits to seniors. Which is blatantly NOT the case. It is truly sad to see that you are so incredibly gullible.

It is the same type of fearmongering that the Dems use every time someone tries to fix the problems with SS, Medicare/Medicaid etc.... 'oh nose they gunna steal your benefits, thus we can't change a nuthin'

Saying "I will not cut benefits" while at the same time proposing policies that will result in benefit cuts does not mean that your opposition is lying or fear-mongering by pointing out that your policy proposals will result in benefit cuts.

That is all.

"No dipshit... you stated that McCain was trying to get Obama lynched so why was I worrying about McCain being misrepresented. "

So why did you say that I said "why worry about Obama's lies?"

That's an outright lie, Superfreak, and you do it all the time when you're getting embarassed. You put words in people's mouths; not cool...

1) I was paraphrasing you dipshit

2) It is exactly what you were implying, 'why worry about Obamas misrepresentations when McCain is trying to get Obama lynched'

There does the "misrepresentation" rather than "lie" help you realize your idiocy?

Side note: when you deliberately misrepresent something... you are LYING.

"1) I was paraphrasing you dipshit

2) It is exactly what you were implying, 'why worry about Obamas misrepresentations when McCain is trying to get Obama lynched'"

No, it wasn't; maybe it was how you interpreted it, but at no point did I say or imply that I thought Obama was lying.

YOU are lying by saying as much, which is ironic on a thread about lying. But, as I've said, you do this all the time. You're basically a liar.

Saying "I will not cut benefits" while at the same time proposing policies that will result in benefit cuts does not mean that your opposition is lying or fear-mongering by pointing out that your policy proposals will result in benefit cuts.

That is all.

Again you fucking moron.... he stated that he thought he could get the necessary offset via the cost savings. He did not state that if that turned out to be true he would offset the rest by cuts to benefits. He would be forced to find the funding to offset the increases elsewhere in order to remain neutral. He would NOT be forced to take the money out of benefits.

that is all.

Back