Obama supporters battling flood of Racist Whites.... WP Story

yeah I saw no one claim that.

Now remember that study I posted yesterday?

People who work to correct there misconceptions about race end up being less racist.

It is those that refuse to even think they are racists who end up retaining the deep seeded bad habits. Its those that say blacks get perferencial treatment who refuse to face who they really are inside. They refuse to understand the need for AA and how it will end racism by helping to place black people in all sectors of society and allow the people harboring unrecognised racism to correct their misconceptions by talking to actual black people on a daily basis.

It why the Colbert report bit about him being unable to see race is so funny.

Here is Desh's comment: ""He knows that most Americans are decent people and its these type of assholes who are the Bush base and would never vote for any Dem.""

I read that to pretty much state Democratic voters wouldn't use race as a voting criteria and would not be racist.

I didn't get that interpretation at all my brother.

First she said "most Americans are decent people" and she didn't qualify that by political party .. and I bet you're not willing to argue that Bush's base isn't made up of a) people who would never vote for a Dem and b)racists and a collection of some really dumb people.

Nowhere in her comment did I interpret her to say that there aren't racists in the Democratic Party.

First she said "most Americans are decent people" and she didn't qualify that by political party .. and I bet you're not willing to argue that Bush's base isn't made up of a) people who would never vote for a Dem and b)racists and a collection of some really dumb people.

Nowhere in her comment did I interpret her to say that there aren't racists in the Democratic Party.
"never vote for any dem"

What part of that one doesn't assume a pristine party?

However talented the left is at taking a post too literally, when the same tactic is used in return in irony they seem "suddenly" unable to comprehend it. I think this is a weak tactic that just makes y'all seem silly.

yeah I saw no one claim that.

Now remember that study I posted yesterday?

People who work to correct there misconceptions about race end up being less racist.

It is those that refuse to even think they are racists who end up retaining the deep seeded bad habits. Its those that say blacks get perferencial treatment who refuse to face who they really are inside. They refuse to understand the need for AA and how it will end racism by helping to place black people in all sectors of society and allow the people harboring unrecognised racism to correct their misconceptions by talking to actual black people on a daily basis.

It why the Colbert report bit about him being unable to see race is so funny.

Who are you referring to?

You really have no sarcasm detector installed, do you?

But it was based on Desh's comment: "He knows that most Americans are decent people and its these type of assholes who are the Bush base and would never vote for any Dem."

No I don't have a sarcasm detector installed .. instead I have a brain.

The brain tells me there is no inference stated or implied by Desh that suggests there are no racists in the Democratic Party.

No I don't have a sarcasm detector installed .. instead I have a brain.

The brain tells me there is no inference stated or implied by Desh that suggests there are no racists in the Democratic Party.
Thank you, Mister Spock. Now take us out of orbit, Mr. Chekov!

"never vote for any dem"

What part of that one doesn't assume a pristine party?

However talented the left is at taking a post too literally, when the same tactic is used in return in irony they seem "suddenly" unable to comprehend it. I think this is a weak tactic that just makes y'all seem silly.

Dude, are you serious?

How in the hell does "never vote for a Dem" suggest in anyway in the damn world that democrats are pristine?

WTF?

If you say that some republicans would never vote for a republican, does that suggest that republicans are "pristine" ???

I suggest that is is this kind of bizarre intrepretation by the right that has caused them to support the greatest bullshit presidency in American history AND is at the root of their rapidly shrinking influence and endangered political power.

Dude, are you serious?

How in the hell does "never vote for a Dem" suggest in anyway in the damn world that democrats are pristine?

WTF?

If you say that some republicans would never vote for a republican, does that suggest that republicans are "pristine" ???

I suggest that is is this kind of bizarre intrepretation by the right that has caused them to support the greatest bullshit presidency in American history AND is at the root of their rapidly shrinking influence and endangered political power.
Again, it was taking the comment too literally then putting irony on a statement.

I am sorry that I like sarcasm and it doesn't often translate well to the written word, especially if Spock is reading it.

The Sisters came to the defense of somebody who needs no defense. He really is too literal, and y'all know it.

Who are you referring to?

I was refering to the comment that I supposedly said the dem party has no racists.

I think the people who would tell a person they know is a democrat that they would never vote for a "nigger" would very likely not be a democrat.

This would go against about 90% of what the party stands for. A democrat who is racist would very likely have a tendancy to hide it from the public forum.

The democratic party has been for racial equaility for years now. They support AA and have large numbers of black people in the party.

Someone who is so publically racist and unrepentant of that fact would not be very likely to support the democratic platform and vote dem.

Last edited:

The original article was referring to some assholes that made racist comments about voting for Barack. I believe her inference with the previously quoted comment was those assholes would only vote Republican.

When you spend an inordinate amount of time on the board trying to explain that you're being funny, you're probably not that funny...

When you spend an inordinate amount of time on the board trying to explain that you're being funny, you're probably not that funny...
It's not supposed to be LOL funny, it is supposed to be biting sarcasm. Dry humor not "ROTFLMAO" stuff.

It's not supposed to be LOL funny, it is supposed to be biting sarcasm. Dry humor not "ROTFLMAO" stuff.

Ok well, I’m a sarcastic person who has no problem detecting sarcasm in the words of others. Your posts do not come across as sarcastic, but rather as agreement, and then crawfishing, as usc would say.

Back