Obama thinks marriage is between man and a woman

I find nothing more amusing that a repressed virgin who has never felt a pair of tits in his hand, sermonizing against "sodomites".

...in a strange, yet compelling way, you're titillated by it, aren't you?

mmm hmm.

Do man boobs count? Cause I get to feel them every day.

At least hate him for real reasons, not made up ones. That's all I'd ask:

Seriously, was that supposed to be a rebuttal?

I know you're an intelligent guy and a serious one, I might add .. but do you seriously believe that his answer came anywhere near being America's greatest moral failure?

I detest him for all the right reasons.

Seriously, was that supposed to be a rebuttal?

I know you're an intelligent guy and a serious one, I might add .. but do you seriously believe that his answer came anywhere near being America's greatest moral failure?

I detest him for all the right reasons.

First of all, he didn't say it was America's greatest moral failure. He said it was America's greatest moral failure in his lifetime, which is an important qualifier, particularly given the atrocities you identify as worse moral failures. Those occurred well before Obama was born.

It was a perfectly appropriate response to the question.

I think you were expecting way too much from him and are disappointed that he hasn't lived up to your expectations.

I thought that his answer to that was something along the lines of; Americans still do not take the words of Christ to heart – that which you do to the least among you, etc.

I remember because I have always gone to those words and really tried, though sometimes failing, to live with t hem as a guide. I think that they are beautiful words, and I thought that Obama was really good. I did disagree with several of his answers, but I agreed with more of them, and I like someone who takes the time to think over a question. Enough of this shoot from the hip “I go by my gut” nonsense.

In truth America's greatest moral failures .. BOTH of them .. are PRODUCTS of following the dictates of the bible.

Leviticus 25:44: You may take your slaves from the heathen nations around you ... and you can will them to your children like cattle.

How much "hip" or "gut" does it take for a black man in America to see the moral failure of slavery or the genocide of the American Indian.

The good news .. eyes were opened.

Black talk shows have been on fire.

In truth America's greatest moral failures .. BOTH of them .. are PRODUCTS of following the dictates of the bible.

Leviticus 25:44: You may take your slaves from the heathen nations around you ... and you can will them to your children like cattle.

How much "hip" or "gut" does it take for a black man in America to see the moral failure of slavery or the genocide of the American Indian.

The good news .. eyes were opened.

Black talk shows have been on fire.

Well, I’m not a student of the bible, but I think that the particular sentiment in those words is something we can all use more of.
Yeah that is good news. Hey, maybe it will give us John McCain.

First of all, he didn't say it was America's greatest moral failure. He said it was America's greatest moral failure in his lifetime, which is an important qualifier, particularly given the atrocities you identify as worse moral failures. Those occurred well before Obama was born.

It was a perfectly appropriate response to the question.

I think you were expecting way too much from him and are disappointed that he hasn't lived up to your expectations.

Racism, sexism, homophobia ended in Obama's lifetime?

Katrina?

Iraq?

.. not moral failures?

What I expected from him was an honest politician with some spine and courage .. and you're absolutey right .. he hasn't lived up to any of that.

Well, I’m not a student of the bible, but I think that the particular sentiment in those words is something we can all use more of.
Yeah that is good news. Hey, maybe it will give us John McCain.

Obama will give you John McCain, not me.

Racism, sexism, homophobia ended in Obama's lifetime?

Katrina?

Iraq?

.. not moral failures?

What I expected from him was an honest politician with some spine and courage .. and you're absolutey right .. he hasn't lived up to any of that.

Here is the response again, BAC:

I think America’s greatest moral failure in my lifetime has been that we still don’t abide by that basic precept in Matthew that whatever you do for the least of my brothers, you do for me, and that notion of — that basic principle applies to poverty. It applies to racism and sexism. It applies to, you know, not having — not thinking about providing ladders of opportunity for people to get into the middle class. There’s a pervasive sense, I think, that this country, as wealthy and powerful as we are, still don’t spend enough time thinking about the least of us.

The bottom line is that you'd rather have your ideal candidate run and lose than have an acceptable candidate run and win.

Here is the response again, BAC:

The bottom line is that you'd rather have your ideal candidate run and lose than have an acceptable candidate run and win.

No my brother .. the bottom line is that you think your candidate should be acceptable to me because you like him.

Your candidate is not acceptable to me in his present form

If he is not going to be the Obama of the primaries, then I wish you the best with your candidate.

Now THIS is what is missing in our political system.

BAC has been supporting someone he believed in. When that person abruptly changed HIS principles just to get elected, BAC abandoned him.

In other words, BAC is willing to stand behind his principles even if he loses.

Pity more people are not.

Now THIS is what is missing in our political system.

BAC has been supporting someone he believed in. When that person abruptly changed HIS principles just to get elected, BAC abandoned him.

In other words, BAC is willing to stand behind his principles even if he loses.

Pity more people are not.

If I may play devil's advocate BAC has a pretty strict set of beliefs that he follows and expects his politician to as well. I'm not saying that's wrong but if we all followed BAC's lead I'd argue there would be no one voting.

If I may play devil's advocate BAC has a pretty strict set of beliefs that he follows and expects his politician to as well. I'm not saying that's wrong but if we all followed BAC's lead I'd argue there would be no one voting.

You're wrong my brother.

We'd have better politicians.

You're wrong my brother.

We'd have better politicians.

Fair enough I won't argue with that.

I was coming from a place of say last election where I believe Kerry and Bush each got around the 60 million vote mark. If each of those 120 million voters voted only for their ideal candidate I'd say Bush and Kerry would have gotten less than one handful of votes between them. Which goes to your point we would have better candidates if people voted more on principle but with so many people and only two major party candidates the chances of that candidate really agreeing with you is not strong. (sorry kind of rambling here)

No my brother .. the bottom line is that you think your candidate should be acceptable to me because you like him.

Your candidate is not acceptable to me in his present form

If he is not going to be the Obama of the primaries, then I wish you the best with your candidate.

Yeah yeah, so anyway...

You aren't going to address what DH showed, which is that you made up Obama's "answer". Let's look:

Bac Claims: "When asked what was America's greatest moral failure, His Weakness replied, "Uhh .. ahh .. selfishness."

What transcript shows Obama actually said: " I think America’s greatest moral failure in my lifetime has been that we still don’t abide by that basic precept in Matthew that whatever you do for the least of my brothers, you do for me, and that notion of — that basic principle applies to poverty. It applies to racism and sexism. It applies to, you know, not having — not thinking about providing ladders of opportunity for people to get into the middle class. There’s a pervasive sense, I think, that this country, as wealthy and powerful as we are, still don’t spend enough time thinking about the least of us. "

Do you just feel free to make up shit about people you decide you don't like, and then use that to accuse others of "suffering any indignity" because they actually listened to what Obama said and didn't get their wrong impression of what he said from the "black radio that's on fire"?

Back