Obama wins Maine Democratic caucuses

Socrtease

Verified User
AUGUSTA, Maine - Barack Obama defeated Hillary Rodham Clinton in Maine presidential caucuses Sunday, grabbing a majority of delegates as the state's Democrats overlooked the snowy weather and turned out in heavy numbers for municipal gatherings.

Democrats in 420 Maine towns and cities were deciding how the state's 24 delegates will be allotted at the party's national convention in August. Despite the weather, turnout was "incredible," party executive director Arden Manning said.

With 70 percent of the participating precincts reporting, Obama led in state delegates elected over Clinton, 1,564 to 1,122, with 17 uncommitted.

The voting came a day after Obama and Clinton made personal appeals here, and after Obama picked up wins in Louisiana, Nebraska and Washington.

Anyone wonder who put all that sugar into the tanks of random women?

It looks like that scum Obama rigged the vote again. He'll go to any lengths to win the presidency, that evil bastard.

Hillary is getting Rudy'd.

She's putting all of her eggs in the OH/TX primary date of 3/4, but will likely lose everything until then. I just can't see it working.

haha Hillary will lose bad in VA. The people want obama. Only way hillary wins nomination is by tricks like bribing edwards for the endorsements, or suing for fl and mi votes, or backroom brokered deals for supers.

Hillary is getting Rudy'd.

She's putting all of her eggs in the OH/TX primary date of 3/4, but will likely lose everything until then. I just can't see it working.

I agree, I can't see it working.... and it just breaks my heart to think Hillary will not even make it to the general elections. So sad. :D

Obama will win all three.

DC is a lock, and both Maryland and Virginia have demographics best suited for Obama.
Latest polls have MD and VA by double digits. Hillary really may not get another win before TX and OH. Letting Obama roll between now and March may not be the best strategy I have heard. I think now Hillary has it in her head to just get to the Convention close enough that super delegates put her over. But if Obama wins the popular nomination and the super delegates put Hillary in position I am voting for McCain to punish them ( and me I guess.) But fuck'em if they don't do what the people tell them too.

Latest polls have MD and VA by double digits. Hillary really may not get another win before TX and OH. Letting Obama roll between now and March may not be the best strategy I have heard. I think now Hillary has it in her head to just get to the Convention close enough that super delegates put her over. But if Obama wins the popular nomination and the super delegates put Hillary in position I am voting for McCain to punish them ( and me I guess.) But fuck'em if they don't do what the people tell them too.

As I said earlier, the race for the Clinton's comes down to the question of how do you stop a movement.

Hillary NEEDS to win Ohio, Texas, and Pennsylvania .. but I think she only wins Texas.

The superdelagates aren't going to overturn this crushing of the Clinton machine. They know it would give the election to McCain.

As I said earlier, the race for the Clinton's comes down to the question of how do you stop a movement.

Hillary NEEDS to win Ohio, Texas, and Pennsylvania .. but I think she only wins Texas.

The superdelagates aren't going to overturn this crushing of the Clinton machine. They know it would give the election to McCain.
Your lips to god's ears man.

A movement to save America.

11dems.xlarge1.jpg

i was watching something yesterday where dean said they would basically make a decision in April.. the analysis said.. while obam has won more state and more delegates.. if you look at the actual vote tallies hillary is winning.. and then also factor in her votes in MI and FL. its seemed like he was alluding to a decision favoring Hillary.

Im still going to say that the dems will screw this up. Ill be surprised (pleasantly) if they actually make a good choice here.

Back