Obama wins Maine Democratic caucuses

Explain the Hillary vs. McCain polls then... and the 42% of Americans who say they will not vote for her under any circumstances. Apparently I dream raw data and fact these days...

Your "raw data and facts" are nothing more than guesses at this point in the process.

Did your data and facts count the differences between those who voted in the democratic primary compared to those who voted republican?

Has your data and facts accounted for the HUGE crowds out voting for and supporting democratic candidates?

Did your facts and data account for the HUGE disparity in fundraising between McCain and the democrats?

Have you considered that many republicans hate McCain and will sit this one out?

Have you considered that the vast majority of Americans are against the war and the macinations of the war machine?

Have you considered that most Americans trust both Obama and Clinton on the economy over McCain?

Not one to step on anyones dream .. but in my opinion, McCain will be easy.

Not necessarily. McCain's postions have been talked about ad infinitum. So much so that people who vote for him have a high likelihood of knowing his positions even without spending the time on politics that we do, not so for Obama.

Who knows where McCain stands? He's been flip flopping like crazy on tax cuts, immigration, the religious rightwing, and torture. His saving grace is that the MSM has promoted him for seven years as some sort of maverick, principled moderate.

That said, I don't disagree that Obama's stump speeches are 90% inspirational, and 10% policy. Which is how elections are won. People vote with their hearts, as much as their heads. Sure, you could get a technocrat like Michael Dukkakkis to come out there and give a laundry list of policy proposals. But, that doesn't win elections.

I actually think Obama's economic proposals are largely to the right of Hillary Clinton's. And I've noticed in stump speeches, that Hillary is a little more heavy on the policy wonk stuff. But, certainly, compared to the GOP candidates who rely almost entirely on slogans, Obama has been more substantive.

Back