Obama wins Maine Democratic caucuses

The ones most people see are primary night speeches, which are not substance speeches for most candidates.

For the stump speeches, have you seen entire speeches, or just clips from the cable networks?
I'm a poli-geek I've seen the speeches. And again, do you think most of the people voting for him know his policies?

Why, other than the war and "all the other wars we will be in" McCain has talked about little but that. Tell me what his policies are going to be. What are his plans for the economy, if any? Where does he stand on appointing judges that will take peoples property from them to give to big business? Is ABORTION the only issue for judges, cause that is what "I will appoint strict constructionists" means. You know how i know that, because ALL the strict constructionists on the Court right now don't interpret strictly. If they did then no search would EVER be valid without a warrant, because strictly construed the constitution does not EVER allow for a search without a warrant. So, so much for strict construction.

But McCain has said very little of substance other than 'We need a commander in chief ready on day one" so when the Pub candidate gets specific I imagine the dem will too. This is about selling the candidate to the base not to the american people.

I don't disagree with that. I spoke of Obama because he was the one being discussed. In the general election candidates will be required to get more specific.

I'm a poli-geek I've seen the speeches.

I've seen one full stump, and there was plenty of substance in there.

I also watched every debate, including the last one with just he & Hillary. I don't know how anyone watches that debate & says there is no substance behind the style. They talked about issues the entire time, and he wasn't just speaking in platitudes; he was talking specifics on where he stood & what he would do.

It's a MSM-perpetuated myth that his campaign is all glitz. Too many people are buying it, and not really paying attention to what he's actually saying.

I also watched every debate, including the last one with just he & Hillary. I don't know how anyone watches that debate & says there is no substance behind the style. They talked about issues the entire time, and he wasn't just speaking in platitudes; he was talking specifics on where he stood & what he would do.

It's a MSM-perpetuated myth that his campaign is all glitz. Too many people are buying it, and not really paying attention to what he's actually saying.
So you saw one and thus all of them are that way? Thanks. The reality is most people voting for him don't know his policies.

As for McCain, most people do know him. He's been there a long time.

its actually quite mind boggling that people are not even listening and just believing the hillary machine rhetoric. If anything hes given FAR more details about his plans then hillary. shes like an unknown on many of them. Very top down approach.

its actually quite mind boggling that people are not even listening and just believing the hillary machine rhetoric. If anything hes given FAR more details about his plans then hillary. shes like an unknown on many of them. Very top down approach.

1 is infinitely more than zero-- but I wouldn't want either.

So you saw one and thus all of them are that way? Thanks. The reality is most people voting for him don't know his policies.

As for McCain, most people do know him. He's been there a long time.

hes getting the higher income dems, higher education dems, higher income/education independents.

I base it on the fact that most people who vote don't spend the time we do on politics.

Then you're saying that about voters for all candidates, not just Obama. That's an argument that can be made. But, for anyone who is paying attention, it's ridiculous to suggest that he doesn't offer specifics, and is all style.

Then you're saying that about voters for all candidates, not just Obama. That's an argument that can be made. But, for anyone who is paying attention, it's ridiculous to suggest that he doesn't offer specifics, and is all style.
Not necessarily. McCain's postions have been talked about ad infinitum. So much so that people who vote for him have a high likelihood of knowing his positions even without spending the time on politics that we do, not so for Obama.

Very true.

In fact the democratic debates were far more substanative than the republicans who spend inordinate amounts of time talking about "God."

Additionally, part of the Obama surge comes from his performances in debates, particularly the one he had one on one with Clinton. He proved he was every bit as substanative, informed, and interpretive as Hillary.

Not necessarily. McCain's postions have been talked about ad infinitum. So much so that people who vote for him have a high likelihood of knowing his positions even without spending the time on politics that we do, not so for Obama.

Correct.

People know Mccain .. which doesn't bode well for him in the general.

He will be forced by the right-wing to run even further to the right .. which does not bode well for McCain.

Very true.

In fact the democratic debates were far more substanative than the republicans who spend inordinate amounts of time talking about "God."

Additionally, part of the Obama surge comes from his performances in debates, particularly the one he had one on one with Clinton. He proved he was every bit as substanative, informed, and interpretive as Hillary.
You mean to say they should have ignored those questions? I agree.

That's not what I'm referring to.

He's just being an idiot, pretending to care about the Dem race & wanting to provoke, because he's not really a Hillary supporter.

And he has brought the tone of this board down considerably. The board has really changed a lot in the past few weeks, and not for the better.

I don't know if you've paid any attention to my posts on the matter, so I will assume you didn't catch any of them and will give you a pass. You are right on one single account, and that is that I don't want either of them to be president.

However:
1) Hillary is closer to the center
2) Obama will be harder to beat in November

Ideally, I would like to see Hillary and Obama split the delegates and see Edwards emerge as the compromise candidate, because he would be very easy to beat. But, yes, I do care about the Dim primary because I have a vested interest in the outcome.

I don't know if you've paid any attention to my posts on the matter, so I will assume you didn't catch any of them and will give you a pass. You are right on one single account, and that is that I don't want either of them to be president.

However:
1) Hillary is closer to the center
2) Obama will be harder to beat in November

Ideally, I would like to see Hillary and Obama split the delegates and see Edwards emerge as the compromise candidate, because he would be very easy to beat. But, yes, I do care about the Dim primary because I have a vested interest in the outcome.

Everybody needs a dream.

McCain will be EASY to beat by either, especially by Obama.

Back