Obama wins Maine Democratic caucuses

Nothing wrong with expressing emotion.

That's not what I'm referring to.

He's just being an idiot, pretending to care about the Dem race & wanting to provoke, because he's not really a Hillary supporter.

And he has brought the tone of this board down considerably. The board has really changed a lot in the past few weeks, and not for the better.

That's not what I'm referring to.

He's just being an idiot, pretending to care about the Dem race & wanting to provoke, because he's not really a Hillary supporter.

And he has brought the tone of this board down considerably. The board has really changed a lot in the past few weeks, and not for the better.
There's little I can do with that other than simply allow natural changes. As the election gets closer and people start taking strong stances things will change.

He is however, expressing in one word the following:

"I think the GOP stands to gain more from a Hillary win than an Obama win and I wish that Hillary would win therefore, but it doesn't look like it will happen."

And how, I wonder, is Obama going to change America? Could someone provide me from some answers rather than populist bullshit?

And how, I wonder, is Obama going to change America? Could someone provide me from some answers rather than populist bullshit?

He has more potential to change the tone in Washington than anyone.

You can argue that this is meaningless, but with Hillary, the partisan rancor & divisiveness will continue. That is a guarantee. When the atmosphere in DC is that toxic, the chances of people actually working together are very low.

Maybe Obama can't change that, but he represents the best opportunity of doing so.

He has more potential to change the tone in Washington than anyone.

You can argue that this is meaningless, but with Hillary, the partisan rancor & divisiveness will continue. That is a guarantee. When the atmosphere in DC is that toxic, the chances of people actually working together are very low.

Maybe Obama can't change that, but he represents the best opportunity of doing so.

Yes, I am going to argue that your post is useless, at least. You completely dodged the question. I didn't ask for abstracts, I asked for answers.

Yes, I am going to argue that your post is useless, at least. You completely dodged the question. I didn't ask for abstracts, I asked for answers.

Sorry, I don't have a crystal ball. But for anyone avid watcher of DC politics, tone is not an insignificant thing, and the ability to work with a broad spectrum of political ideologies & personalities is as important a quality for an effective President to have as anything.

its all about charisma, leadership, and ability to sell at the highest level of office. Hillary is a dud.

Sorry, I don't have a crystal ball. But for anyone avid watcher of DC politics, tone is not an insignificant thing, and the ability to work with a broad spectrum of political ideologies & personalities is as important a quality for an effective President to have as anything.

You don't have a crystal ball? So you are willing to vote for a man even though it seems you have no idea what his actual policies are?

Just because he looks nice, eh? Or because he can throw around words like change and tell touching anecdotes about Africa?

You really don't know any of his policies? If you need a crystal ball to know your candidate's policies, you shouldn't be voting for him.

I agree the term 'change' is very abstract and I don't think you can officially define it other than doing something different than today. However I do think Obama offers the ability to excite and engage people which offers hope, along the lines of what Reagan did.

I also think McCain has a chance to do it as well. Not to the same degree maybe as Obama but he shown ability to work with all people and has not been one to use devisive partisan rhetoric.

I agree the term 'change' is very abstract and I don't think you can officially define it other than doing something different than today. However I do think Obama offers the ability to excite and engage people which offers hope, along the lines of what Reagan did.

I also think McCain has a chance to do it as well. Not to the same degree maybe as Obama but he shown ability to work with all people and has not been one to use devisive partisan rhetoric.

Again, Obama "offers the ability to excite and engage people"...so the fuck what! Comedians can do that too, and I don't think they should be president either.

What are his actual policies? Do any of you retards know?

You don't have a crystal ball? So you are willing to vote for a man even though it seems you have no idea what his actual policies are?

Just because he looks nice, eh? Or because he can throw around words like change and tell touching anecdotes about Africa?

You really don't know any of his policies? If you need a crystal ball to know your candidate's policies, you shouldn't be voting for him.

Are you new to American politics?

I know where Obama stands on the issues that are important to me. It's not fluff; he has plans for energy & healthcare, and policy recommendations on education, immigration, social security & the rest.

They all do, and they all have throughout history. Any election is a crapshoot, and you only hope that the candidate will stick with what they are promising in any given campaign. Bush, as an example, did not, at least for the most part (he cut taxes, but he also engaged in nation-building).

When I look down the list of policy positions that Hillary & Obama hold, I find plenty of agreement with both of them, though there are things that both offer that I would probably change the fine print on. Actually, with Hillary, her sledgehammer approach to healthcare concerns me, but otherwise, it's about even.

That's why qualities that some may find more intangible are of great importance to me, and I would guess a huge # of other voters. Hillary will bring bitter partisanship with her to the Oval Office, because it defines the Clinton m.o. and it is something she would not be able to lose at this point, even if she wanted to.

I'll take the guy who is attracting Republicans & indies to his campaign, who brings with him very little in the way of partisan divisiveness & who has already shown that he can elevate the tone of a Presidential campaign, which is no small thing.

Hope is not enough. Reagan coupled that hope with actual plans. I'd like to know Obama's actual plans other than "change". Undefinable "change" sounds way too much like other undefinable terms like "compassionate conservative".

Hope is not enough. Reagan coupled that hope with actual plans. I'd like to know Obama's actual plans other than "change". Undefinable "change" sounds way too much like other undefinable terms like "compassionate conservative".

The actual plans I see from Obama are too liberal in my opinion which is why I will not be voting for him. However if I had to pick who I thought would make the best President from the Democratic selections I would pick Obama based largely on his rhetoric.

what do you want to know. he has spelled out his plans on every major subject. i have watched the youtubes of him explaining them.

SSI.. fix it by re-instituting it at 200k.. so a donut hole between 100-200k
healthcare: http://www.barackobama.com/issues/healthcare/
Bush tax cut: roll back over 250k.

easy to find his ideas... the whole notion that hes just spreading false hope with nothing to back it up is a hillary machine idea. See how good she is?

Why should I waste my time doing so, if you won't even take a few moments to educate yourself before spouting off on the MSM CW that "Obama is all style, no substance?" All you have to do is grab a transcript of one of his stumps, or go to his website:

http://www.barackobama.com/

Or do you need me to spoon feed it to you?

No, you are just reinforcing my opinion that none of you actually know. I think you are voting based on an abstract concept rather than any solid policies, otherwise you could easily type a list of things he wants to reform.

Back