Obama's judgement under fire for prolonged membership in Trinity Church

Disingenuous rubbish.

The only person disingenuous is the person who thinks that something one can convert to is a "race".

Again. People don't say, "you have the similar dna to the tribes that started the religion" they say. "Wow. you are jewish". But of course they must be misstating. So moses was misstating, and the bible?

But jews would still consider him a jew, a bad one.

It doesn't matter what some religious group considers him any more than Lutherans considering me to still be Lutheran because I was baptized long ago, the reality is he isn't Jewish and his children aren't either.

When I can convert, marry a converted woman, and have kids who are Jewish, it isn't a race. There is no "race" that even has a remote possibility of that happening it is disingenuous to suggest otherwise.

The only person disingenuous is the person who thinks that something one can convert to is a "race".

It doesn't matter what some religious group considers him any more than Lutherans considering me to still be Lutheran because I was baptized long ago, the reality is he isn't Jewish and his children aren't either.

When I can convert, marry a converted woman, and have kids who are Jewish, it isn't a race. There is no "race" that even has a remote possibility of that happening it is disingenuous to suggest otherwise.

The conversion thing is to be PC. It's really not doctrinaire. It's public relations.

Some religious groups? It's not some random religious group, IT'S JEWS, the group under discussion.

The conversion thing is to be PC. It's really not doctrinaire. It's public relations.

Some religious groups? It's not some random religious group, IT'S JEWS, the group under discussion.
It still doesn't matter what this religious group considers him to be any more than the one I was baptized into considers me to be. The reality is he is not Jewish, nor are his kids. His kids wouldn't even be considered to be Jewish (he didn't marry a Jewish woman) but would still have Genetic markers that linked them to the group who started that religion. Amazingly they wouldn't be "jewish" but would still have those genetic markers... Hmmm... Maybe it isn't a "race"...

Then considering that I could convert and marry a woman who also converted and all of us, including my kids would be Jewish without any genetic markers linking me to the originators of the relgion... Hmmm... again, It points to the fact it is a religion, not a "race".

It still doesn't matter what this religious group considers him to be any more than the one I was baptized into considers me to be. The reality is he is not Jewish, nor are his kids. His kids wouldn't even be considered to be Jewish (he didn't marry a Jewish woman) but would still have Genetic markers that linked them to the group who started that religion. Amazingly they wouldn't be "jewish" but would still have those genetic markers... Hmmm... Maybe it isn't a "race"...

Then considering that I could convert and marry a woman who also converted and all of us, including my kids would be Jewish without any genetic markers linking me to the originators of the relgion... Hmmm... again, It points to the fact it is a religion, not a "race".

But yet, the geneticist said, "guess what, you're jewish!" But of course, he was misstating. ;)

Grow up, damo.

But yet, the geneticist said, "guess what, you're jewish!" But of course, he was misstating. ;)

Grow up, damo.
I think he was, yes.

Learn to be honest in your argument. Again, name one "race" you can convert to, just one, well other than the magical ability to suddenly garner DNA when converting to Judaism. I know a bunch of kids who want to be African-American and since you think it is possible to do I want to be able to tell them how to do it.

I think he was, yes.

learn to be honest in your argument. Again, name one "race" you can convert to. I know a bunch of kids who want to be African-American and since you think it is possible to do I want to be able to tell them how to do it.

Conversion is just a recent add-on to hide the racism the "religion" is premised upon.

When they have no other choice, according to their religion, they must change their church.

Are you saying that Obama showed any sort of objection in those 20 years to what had to be obvious?

As it were, yes. I said that anybody who supported those who made these choices should reject the church. Their bible says "suffer the little children to come to Me" not "the little children must suffer when they come to me".
And yet so little from you about how the republican SOUGHT the endorsement of a pastor that spews hate towards EVERY Catholic in the US. Typical Right Wing bullshit. The Speck in the other guys eyes is so much worse than the mote in yours. It is conservatism in this country from sea to shining sea.

Black pastor uses fiery rhetoric to condemn racism and oppression in the U.S.

Run for the hills white people! Be afraid!

What a bunch of horseshit.

The rightwingnut-osphere will flog this for the next seven months. That's for sure. Who cares.

One things for sure. The wingnutosphere is going to have a hard time reconciling their contractions that, on the one hand Obama is a muslim, and on the other hand, he's a member in good standing at an inner city christian church. Which one is it? :rolleyes:

And yet so little from you about how the republican SOUGHT the endorsement of a pastor that spews hate towards EVERY Catholic in the US. Typical Right Wing bullshit. The Speck in the other guys eyes is so much worse than the mote in yours. It is conservatism in this country from sea to shining sea.
Read the thread, I already stated that I thought it was a terrible mistake and that I likely wasn't voting for the guy. Not just because of this, this is just one more thing to add to the reasons.

Black pastor uses fiery rhetoric to condemn racism and oppression in the U.S.

Run for the hills white people! Be afraid!

What a bunch of horseshit.

The rightwingnut-osphere will flog this for the next seven months. That's for sure. Who cares.

One things for sure. The wingnutosphere is going to have a hard time reconciling their contractions that, on the one hand Obama is a muslim, and on the other hand, he's a member in good standing at an inner city christian church. Which one is it? :rolleyes:
Silly and preposterous.

I see how much you fear the white supremacist separatist churches that don't promote killing. Right....

This is so sad, ad hominem weakness to distract from reality.

Most decent people, if they were in a church and heard that kind of hate and filth spewed from the pulpit, would get up, walk out, and not come back.

Why didn't Obama?

That he adhered to a man who regularly does this, for twenty years, certainly calls Obama's judgement into question. And what eles edoes Obama have to run on, besides his judgement? Certainly not his Senate accomplishments - there are none.

Is this the kind of judgement we want in the White House?

Most decent people, if they were in a church and heard that kind of hate and filth spewed from the pulpit, would get up, walk out, and not come back.

Why didn't Obama?

That he adhered to a man who regularly does this, for twenty years, certainly calls Obama's judgement into question. And what eles edoes Obama have to run on, besides his judgement? Certainly not his Senate accomplishments - there are none.

I have this eerie sense of deja vu w/ this post...

Why didn't Obama?

I finally get. Little-Acorn is a spoof. And a damn good one.

I have this eerie sense of deja vu w/ this post...
Unfortunately, there can be no deja vu for the answer... since none of the leftists on the board have even tried to answer the question. Nothing but spin, changes of subject, attacking the messenger, all the usual suspects.

There's a LOT fo deja vu on those. None on a real answer.

Unsurprisingly. :lolup:

Unfortunately, there can be no deja vu for the answer... since none of the leftists on the board have even tried to answer the question. Nothing but spin, changes of subject, attacking the messenger, all the usual suspects.

There's a LOT fo deja vu on those. None on a real answer.

Unsurprisingly. :lolup:

I answered you straight off. Obama ended up the weekend without close to 20 more delegates.

I guess you didn't like them facts, didjya?:tongout:

Back