Once you eliminate the impossible...

no.....he's an idiot.......nothing further to see in his posts.....

you-know-you-have-no-class.png

only if linguistics is a science........God is defined in the Christian religion as a being with no beginning and no end......does it surprise you we are not shaken by an argument that God must have a beginning......apparently YOU think that is a scientific conclusion (a great source of amusement to the rest of us).......

If you god can be something without a "beginning"...why can THE UNIVERSE not be something without a beginning?

Talk about amusement...listening to theists on the Internet spouting their nonsense is hilarious.

Fundamentalists and literalists do a lot of damage .. and drive people away from faith in God.

I gotta say that I have many friends and relatives who are "people of faith"...which is to say they suppose there is a GOD...and use that GOD as a source to set a moral compass.

I have no problem with them at all. Most are decent people who are living life as best they can...and most can be counted on when a friend is needed. Same thing goes for the atheists and agnostic friends I have.

But there is something about the Internet that brings out qualities in so-called Christians...that seem to spit in the face of most of the teachings of Jesus. Don't know why that is...but, yeah...there are people who call themselves Christians who do more damage to Christianity than anything non-Christians do in that regard.

I gotta say that I have many friends and relatives who are "people of faith"...which is to say they suppose there is a GOD...and use that GOD as a source to set a moral compass.

I have no problem with them at all. Most are decent people who are living life as best they can...and most can be counted on when a friend is needed. Same thing goes for the atheists and agnostic friends I have.

But there is something about the Internet that brings out qualities in so-called Christians...that seem to spit in the face of most of the teachings of Jesus. Don't know why that is...but, yeah...there are people who call themselves Christians who do more damage to Christianity than anything non-Christians do in that regard.

I share your experience..

The Conditt boy.. the bomber from San Antonio was raised in a devout Christian home with big doses of Hannity and Fox News.

Fanatics have a lot in common.

Using your Sherlock Holmes quote, how could Genesis be the first when the cuneiform tablets at Ras Shamra and Dilmun are far older?

you are confusing the date Genesis was put into written form with the subject matter of Genesis......creation did not happen after clay tablets were invented.......

because the universe is a material thing and must comply with the laws of science regarding material things......

You are sure about that, right?

There are scientists who disagree. They think everything in this thing we humans call "the universe" is just energy...a type of energy we don't even understand yet.

Molecules are composed of atoms; atoms are composed of sub atomic particles...and what then? Where does it end? What particles can we be sure cannot be halved?

There appears to be nothing actually here. Even Albert Einstein mentioned that reality is an illusion, albeit, a persistent illusion.

And what on Earth makes you suppose we humans have answered all the questions regarding what can or cannot be?

The "science" of today...1000 years from now...will probably be looked at the way we look at the "science" of 1000 years ago.

yes......unlike you I don't have to resort to mere beliefs......I have science at my back.....
There appears to be nothing actually here. Even Albert Einstein mentioned that reality is an illusion, albeit, a persistent illusion.

sorry, I don't agree with that mystic crap you believe.....I think it is better to speak of how science describes the way the human eye picks up light waves.....

The "science" of today...1000 years from now...will probably be looked at the way we look at the "science" of 1000 years ago.
I expect the scientists of 1000 years ago will find you just as amusing as scientists today......

There are scientists who disagree. They think everything in this thing we humans call "the universe" is just energy...a type of energy we don't even understand yet.

Molecules are composed of atoms; atoms are composed of sub atomic particles...and what then? Where does it end? What particles can we be sure cannot be halved?

And what on Earth makes you suppose we humans have answered all the questions regarding what can or cannot be?

The Bible was written for Bronze Age people..

yes......unlike you I don't have to resort to mere beliefs......I have science at my back.....

Oh, the irony. You are all about "beliefs"...a word you use to pretend the blind guesses you make are not really blind guesses.

sorry, I don't agree with that mystic crap you believe.....I think it is better to speak of how science describes the way the human eye picks up light waves.....

You must have me mistaken for someone who gives a rat's ass what you agree with.

I do not do "believing." You do...that is why that first sentence is so ironic.

I expect the scientists of 1000 years ago will find you just as amusing as scientists today......

You are reaching...and making an ass of yourself by doing so.

Get yourself under control. You've only just begun to feel the heat.

Let's get back on topic. Is it possible for something physical to create itself? Does anyone believe this is possible? Science says it's impossible, yet they deny a Creator. There are only two options here. The universe created itself, or someone created it. The first one has been ruled out by science.

Back