Only Preexisting Condition Of Dead Father Was Trusting Trump

Hello T. A. Gardner,

That is an absurd dehumanization of the opposing side, completely lacking in any fact or supporting link.

It was foolish to go do karaoke in a deadly pandemic which is airborne transmitted. Yeah, grab the mic that some other person just had up to their mouth and put it up to your own mouth? What could possibly go wrong? How about you get their germs and they might be deadly. An evening of karaoke is not worth a life.

Nobody needs to make a choice between a fun life and one of misery, based on foolish risk-taking. This is no black and white decision. There is plenty of fun to be had in life without taking stupid risks. Every proposed activity carries associated risk. The wise person will consider the trade-off and learn to maximize fun while minimizing risk.

Reminds me of a personal anecdote:

Even though I am a liberal, I was involved in a somewhat dangerous sport. I loved it and did my best to minimize the risk. And there were so many great people involved. I loved the events, seeing all the people, many also came to all the events. Great gatherings of fun-loving people.

I remember there was a beautiful woman I wanted to date one time. Really nice, and very nice to talk to. Not stuck up, like so many. But she was attracted to this other guy and kindly rejected my offer. No big. You win some, you lose a lot, I figured. Time passed. I saw her again maybe a year later. She was despondent. Her other guy was a skydiver. He had an accident and died. Chute didn't open. He had a whole life ahead of him but it was cut short. I consoled her as a friend might. I did not ask her out. She was mourning, not a good time. This other guy saw me talking to her and noticed how gorgeous she was, asked about her. He really liked her beauty, said she was 'to-die-for-gorgeous.' I said: "You have no idea how right you are."

No it's not. It's an accurate assessment. If you read the article her father was a very outgoing and fun loving man who very much enjoyed his life. He caught a disease and died from it. Doesn't matter what that disease was. He had a full and joy filled life. His daughter lived in San Francisco, over a thousand miles away. She gets bent that he died from COVID and blames Trump and Arizona's governor Dug Ducey for this.
It isn't their faults. He wanted to continue to enjoy his life doing what he loved. He did. She just can't accept that and is now acting selfishly.

Same thing with your story. Anyone who skydives knows there are risks. They accept that and do what they love. Better he lived a short life doing what he loved than a long one being miserable and safe but missing out on that.

As to
There is plenty of fun to be had in life without taking stupid risks. Every proposed activity carries associated risk. The wise person will consider the trade-off and learn to maximize fun while minimizing risk.
This is the pragmatic but missing out person. One person's fun may require taking risks. If it's what you love to do, then you take them. If you pass on that, you miss out.

In the case at hand, her father was 65. He had a full life and did what he loved to the end. She should be proud and happy of that not complaining that others--who had nothing to do with his death--are somehow responsible for it and that she wants her father alive even if that meant he would be miserable.

Hello T. A. Gardner,

No it's not. It's an accurate assessment. If you read the article her father was a very outgoing and fun loving man who very much enjoyed his life. He caught a disease and died from it. Doesn't matter what that disease was. He had a full and joy filled life. His daughter lived in San Francisco, over a thousand miles away. She gets bent that he died from COVID and blames Trump and Arizona's governor Dug Ducey for this.
It isn't their faults. He wanted to continue to enjoy his life doing what he loved. He did. She just can't accept that and is now acting selfishly.

Same thing with your story. Anyone who skydives knows there are risks. They accept that and do what they love. Better he lived a short life doing what he loved than a long one being miserable and safe but missing out on that.

As to This is the pragmatic but missing out person. One person's fun may require taking risks. If it's what you love to do, then you take them. If you pass on that, you miss out.

In the case at hand, her father was 65. He had a full life and did what he loved to the end. She should be proud and happy of that not complaining that others--who had nothing to do with his death--are somehow responsible for it and that she wants her father alive even if that meant he would be miserable.

I don't think he understood the risk.

If he was in the cult, and he bought in and believed Trump, he didn't even consider that going to karaoke was risking his life. After he got the disease, in the end, he felt betrayed by Donald Trump. He didn't think there was a risk. He never accepted taking that risk as a trade off for having his normal fun. He thought there was no risk.

You know there's a lot of other people who like karaoke who have stopped doing it for now because they understand the risk and they don't think it's wise. They miss it, I'm sure, but I bet a lot of them have found other pass times and are not miserable. And maybe, if we change leadership, our whole national focus will go in a more positive unified direction with consistent messaging instead of all these conflicting messages. If we get it right, and we get a vaccine, then after a while maybe we can get rid of this coronavirus and all get back to doing more of the the things we love, and have years more to do them.

No, it is not fair to be told not to worry about it, go ahead and live your life, believe that, not believe it is a risk, go out and have one night of karaoke that ends up killing you. Especially when those who played it safe will probably come back when this is all over and have years more fun.

It's not a 'life of being miserable' if you play it safe for a year or so while the nation gets it's act together and finally beats the bug.

This does not have to be the new normal. We hope to beat this thing and get our real lives back. We don't know, but we have to believe it's possible and try.

It's foolish to believe bad advice and get killed for it.

For now, we have to play it safe, and try to get our world back.

Believing in Trump, denying there is a risk, is not going to do that.

We all have to work together to fight this bug.

It's a shame the cult of the Christian Right bought into this Con Man, but they are good at doing that. All the richest TV evangelicals have been soaking them for years and living lavish lifestyles.

Remember Jim Baker.

Actually, he is out of prison and back to his old shtick.

Now selling survivalist gear.

Yep.......... Same game.....

I guess he plans to survive Armageddon in his bunker full of cash..........

Hello Bill,

Yep.......... Same game.....

I guess he plans to survive Armageddon in his bunker full of cash..........

What a great point. Maybe he can pay mad max to restock his freeze dried beef stroganoff after all that runs out. Or perhaps shred it and use it for a salad?

PoliTalker:

"Dive, market, DIVE!

Take DT down with you.

02-28-2020, 06:47 AM #5 | Top
PoliTalker

"Sometimes things have to get worse before they can get better.

We're going down.

BZZZZZT! BZZZZZT! BZZZZZT!

Dive! Dive! Dive!"

Back