Owning guns is saving your life and property

Are gunlovers stupid? Let's see....

This one looks like Jared Loughner

Thats why we have police and security.
All housing centres have their own security personel, are designed to make break-ins very difficult if not impossible, each development is what you might call 'gated'. Then, of course, there is plain and simple logic. Why should I shin up a drainpipe to break into a house that might have a few grand under the mattress when I can bust a gold shop and retire on the proceeds.
I guess American crooks just ain't too bright!
I have had one burglary since I came here and that was my own fault. I went out to see some friends and left my front door wide open. Someone walked in and nicked my briefcase. It was locked and, as they discovered later (we found it) was completely empty!
So in other words, no the commoners are not to be held equal to the government, but subserviant.

But my comment had nothing to do with the entire world.
Please go back and reinform yourself, of the topic at hand.
If you're unable to do so, please STFD and STFU.
Thank you

I guess your intellectual abilities were unequal to the task of sorting out the US school stabbings etc vs shootings.

I find it amusing that you think you can tell others what to do or say. I especially enjoy your paramilitary acronyms.

Let's make it simpler for you:

Whose life and property were saved by these events?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_shooting#United_States

4x per capita murders than the rest of the so called civilized world. Should you skinheads be able to have bazooka's and tanks too?

I guess your intellectual abilities were unequal to the task of sorting out the US school stabbings etc vs shootings.
Is it?

I find it amusing that you think you can tell others what to do or say. I especially enjoy your paramilitary acronyms.
Are you sure?
Are they?

Let's make it simpler for you:
Can you?

Whose life and property were saved by these events?
Was that the discussion?

Gun owners are much more likely to be shot than non gun owners. This is prob good.

The standard argument for keeping guns in the home is that they keep you safe, of course.

There are somewhere between 193 million and 250 million guns in the United States, according to the Brady Campaign (in 1981, during the attempted assassination of President Ronald Reagan, Press Secretary Jim Brady was shot and seriously wounded).

Studies show that, statistically speaking, a gun in the home is more dangerous than protective. Some facts, according to the Brady Campaign:

• More children, teenagers and adult family members are killed by firearms in their own home than by criminal intruders.
  • Guns kept in the home for protection are 22 times more likely to be used to kill someone you know than to kill in self-defense, according to a 1998 study in The Journal of Trauma.
  • The risk of homicide in the home is three times greater in households with guns.
  • The unintentional firearm-related death rate for children up to age 14 is nine times higher in the United States than in 25 other countries combined, according to a study by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

There's a loaded gun in 10 percent of households with children; and there's a gun that's hidden but not locked away in one in every eight family homes.

Not surprisingly, a study last year found that homicide rates are highest in states where more households have guns.

Topping that list: Wyoming, Alaska and Montana.

"Our findings suggest that in the United States, household firearms may be an important source of guns used to kill children, women and men, both on the street and in their homes," said the lead researcher of that study..."

http://www.livescience.com/3104-man-accidentally-shoots-wife-sex.html

Gun owners are much more likely to be shot than non gun owners. This is prob good.

Tell us where you got this info? Share with us all the brilliance of your college education that allowed you to use this tidbit in the debate? What evidence do you have that this is not pure bullshit.

4x per capita murders than the rest of the so called civilized world. Should you skinheads be able to have bazooka's and tanks too?
People do own those things, legally. Please point to where they are used in crime.

Incidentally, over 70% of violent crimes are committed by drug users/dealers.

The standard argument for keeping guns in the home is that they keep you safe, of course.

There are somewhere between 193 million and 250 million guns in the United States, according to the Brady Campaign (in 1981, during the attempted assassination of President Ronald Reagan, Press Secretary Jim Brady was shot and seriously wounded).

Studies show that, statistically speaking, a gun in the home is more dangerous than protective. Some facts, according to the Brady Campaign:

• More children, teenagers and adult family members are killed by firearms in their own home than by criminal intruders.
  • Guns kept in the home for protection are 22 times more likely to be used to kill someone you know than to kill in self-defense, according to a 1998 study in The Journal of Trauma.
  • The risk of homicide in the home is three times greater in households with guns.
  • The unintentional firearm-related death rate for children up to age 14 is nine times higher in the United States than in 25 other countries combined, according to a study by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

There's a loaded gun in 10 percent of households with children; and there's a gun that's hidden but not locked away in one in every eight family homes.

Not surprisingly, a study last year found that homicide rates are highest in states where more households have guns.

Topping that list: Wyoming, Alaska and Montana.

"Our findings suggest that in the United States, household firearms may be an important source of guns used to kill children, women and men, both on the street and in their homes," said the lead researcher of that study..."

http://www.livescience.com/3104-man-accidentally-shoots-wife-sex.html

Then how do you explain away that fact that the incidents you refer to, are such a small precentage?

Back