Better watch out, punk, or I'm gonna have to blow you away

Come on and grab your ammo
What have you got to lose?
We'll all get liquored up
And shoot at anything that moves

Got a brand new semi-automatic weapon with a laser sight
Oh, I'm prayin' somebody tries to break in here tonight
I always keep a Magnum in my trunk
You better ask yourself, do you feel lucky, punk?
Because I'm trigger happy, trigger happy every day

(Oh yeah, I'm)trigger, trigger happy
Yes I'm trigger, trigger happy
(Oh baby, I'm)trigger, trigger happy
(Oh I'm so)trigger, trigger happy
Better watch out, punk, or I'm gonna have to blow you away

That's a catchy tune. Reminds me of the Beach Boys. :)

Lets look at a scenario as an example, and you tell me whether or not you think a gun is appropriate?

A man works out of town. His wife is a petite lady. They have a nice house and it is obvious that they make a good living. They live in a rural area, and the response time for law enforcement is (on average) 20 to 30 minutes.

Should they trust in the good will of their fellow man when she is home alone? Should they hope that any burglar or intruder is stupid enough to take more than 20 mins to gain access to their home?

Also, while the majority of guns are designed to kill, not all are. There are numerous target rifles that would be pitifully inept at killing.

And, last but not least, are hunting firearms included in your "insanity of the US" opinion?

Kenny Roger recounted such a tale. 1:15 to 1:50 for details.

So, other than your absolutle love of government authority, why do you think that is? Why shouldn't law abiding citizens be given the equal opportunity to defend themselves?

Thats why we have police and security.
All housing centres have their own security personel, are designed to make break-ins very difficult if not impossible, each development is what you might call 'gated'. Then, of course, there is plain and simple logic. Why should I shin up a drainpipe to break into a house that might have a few grand under the mattress when I can bust a gold shop and retire on the proceeds.
I guess American crooks just ain't too bright!
I have had one burglary since I came here and that was my own fault. I went out to see some friends and left my front door wide open. Someone walked in and nicked my briefcase. It was locked and, as they discovered later (we found it) was completely empty!

Lets look at a scenario as an example, and you tell me whether or not you think a gun is appropriate?

A man works out of town. His wife is a petite lady. They have a nice house and it is obvious that they make a good living. They live in a rural area, and the response time for law enforcement is (on average) 20 to 30 minutes.

Should they trust in the good will of their fellow man when she is home alone? Should they hope that any burglar or intruder is stupid enough to take more than 20 mins to gain access to their home?

Also, while the majority of guns are designed to kill, not all are. There are numerous target rifles that would be pitifully inept at killing.

And, last but not least, are hunting firearms included in your "insanity of the US" opinion?

But the guns that cause the problem and which are by far the most common are those designed to kill and owned by town and city dwellers. So, once again, broken society? Irrational fear?
Your example fails to address the problem, I think. Murders by shooting are more common in cities than on farms and in shacks. We can all say what if someone breaks into your house, etc. Only in most societies people dont.
I am sorry that your experiences in the US are so bad, but the US is NOT representative of the world. You should remember that you are a comparatively young nation of widely disparate people and, as in many thirls world countries, your population is extremely naive, nay gullible.
In time, I'm sure you will come to your senses.

Thats why we have police and security.
All housing centres have their own security personel, are designed to make break-ins very difficult if not impossible, each development is what you might call 'gated'. Then, of course, there is plain and simple logic. Why should I shin up a drainpipe to break into a house that might have a few grand under the mattress when I can bust a gold shop and retire on the proceeds.
I guess American crooks just ain't too bright!
I have had one burglary since I came here and that was my own fault. I went out to see some friends and left my front door wide open. Someone walked in and nicked my briefcase. It was locked and, as they discovered later (we found it) was completely empty!

If we lived in a "housing centre" relying on security guards might make sense. But, as I said, we live in a very rural area. There are no more than 3 or 4 houses within a couple of miles. And the response time for the police is quite long. I have no argument that criminals are stupid. That is pretty much universal, in my experience.

Also, as I asked before, do you consider hunting guns part of the insanity you spoke of?

But the guns that cause the problem and which are by far the most common are those designed to kill and owned by town and city dwellers. So, once again, broken society? Irrational fear?
Your example fails to address the problem, I think. Murders by shooting are more common in cities than on farms and in shacks. We can all say what if someone breaks into your house, etc. Only in most societies people dont.

But my example is still valid. While there may be MORE crime in urban areas, rural areas are not crime free. And the question would also need to be asked, is there less crime because of the housing or because there are simply fewer people.

I understand that I asked about a specific scenario. And I also understand that it does not apply throughout the nation or the world. But would you offer an opinion on the scenario I outlined?

I am sorry that your experiences in the US are so bad, but the US is NOT representative of the world.

I have certainly not had a bad experience, either in the US, Europe, or the Carribean.

You should remember that you are a comparatively young nation of widely disparate people and, as in many thirls world countries, your population is extremely naive, nay gullible.

So our population is different from other nations?

doubling of 1 is 2
going from 99 to 100 is and increase of 1
outside of being some gun nut who jizzes on NRA mags
WTF does rate of increase matter when the higher increase is exonentially lower.

it puts to shame your idiotic assertion that less guns equals less crime. this is why you should surrender your college degree.

You wish you had a college degree sty. If I surrendered one. I'd still have one more than you. Ya retarded cow tipper.

A gutter slug is smarter than u

Judging by your spelling and grammar, he is smarter than you are, Topper. This "gun owners are stupid" is pure bullshit and you know it.

If you want to offer some evidence of education, try participating in an actual debate using clear facts and a well thought out argument.

I am sorry that your experiences in the US are so bad, but the US is NOT representative of the world. You should remember that you are a comparatively young nation of widely disparate people and, as in many thirls world countries, your population is extremely naive, nay gullible.

But then, we also don't have constant news stories of US citizens barging into schools and STABBING to death children and teachers; but then, I guess dying from a stabbing is much better then dying from being shot.

But then, we also don't have constant news stories of US citizens barging into schools and STABBING to death children and teachers; but then, I guess dying from a stabbing is much better then dying from being shot.

US does have a disproportionate amount of school shootings, but the effectiveness of a policy should not be judged by the amount of dramatic incidents.

Back