People die while we wait! Tomorrow is too late!

and the people on thye buses weren't average people? a bit presumptious, don't you think?

the point is: the recess is important in that the representatives get to go home to their districts and interact with the people who put them in office and who will put them in office again - and not rely solely on media. keeping congress in washington during august would remove that ingredient of the recipe.

Not at all MM, where have ya been, this shit is been going on for a while now, bus in the ones that make ya look good, but in your defense your absolutely right it is very possible that they were just average citizens, but I wonder why none of the locals were able to get in, ooo yea and everyone there was for Obama care, lol
Give me a break
LOL

I do understand what ya are saying about the recess I just wish it worked the way it was designed to

Not at all MM, where have ya been, this shit is been going on for a while now, bus in the ones that make ya look good, but in your defense your absolutely right it is very possible that they were just average citizens, but I wonder why none of the locals were able to get in, ooo yea and everyone there was for Obama care, lol
Give me a break
LOL

I do understand what ya are saying about the recess I just wish it worked the way it was designed to

but it was perfectly OK for the insurance companies to bus in folks to disrupt town hall meetings before the recess?

I have no problem with people organizing to get out support for their causes...

and if, in fact, you DO understand what I am talking about regarding the august recess, why are you whining about Obama allowing it to happen?

but it was perfectly OK for the insurance companies to bus in folks to disrupt town hall meetings before the recess?

I have no problem with people organizing to get out support for their causes...

and if, in fact, you DO understand what I am talking about regarding the august recess, why are you whining about Obama allowing it to happen?

So it is ok to say bring people from NY to SC to protest a SC issue, LOL

Eat another Hot dog, and ya might want a shower, lol

So it is ok to say bring people from NY to SC to protest a SC issue, LOL

Eat another Hot dog, and ya might want a shower, lol

Do you think it was OK to bus freedom riders to the south to help blacks to register to vote in 1964?

and do you wanna toss insults or do you wanna debate?

your choice.

and while you're at it, do you have any proof that the buses of people were from New York, and, while you're at it... since when is health care strictly a South Carolina issue?

Do you think it was OK to bus freedom riders to the south to help blacks to register to vote in 1964?

and do you wanna toss insults or do you wanna debate?

your choice.

and while you're at it, do you have any proof that the buses of people were from New York, and, while you're at it... since when is health care strictly a South Carolina issue?

SC was a place I seen that happen, it has nothing what so ever to do with Obama care, I simply used it as a example to see what ya thought of it

so as for the rest of your post there is no answer, I should of explained it more clearly I guess

As far as 1964 this isn't 1964 no more MM, Everyone has a right to be heard, I heard of another town hall meeting that was done by phone, the people in the district called in and spoke of there concerns for or against, I think that is a good way, But as far as busing people in, no I don't agree with it

SC was a place I seen that happen, it has nothing what so ever to do with Obama care, I simply used it as a example to see what ya thought of it

so as for the rest of your post there is no answer, I should of explained it more clearly I guess

As far as 1964 this isn't 1964 no more MM, Everyone has a right to be heard, I heard of another town hall meeting that was done by phone, the people in the district called in and spoke of there concerns for or against, I think that is a good way, But as far as busing people in, no I don't agree with it

you don't think that people have a right to organize and mobilize to oppose or support actions being contemplated by their government?

I disagree

you don't think that people have a right to organize and mobilize to oppose or support actions being contemplated by their government?

I disagree

No I don't think people ought to be bused in for it, the people being bused in didn't vote them in office or will they be the ones voting for them in a couple of years

No I don't think people ought to be bused in for it, the people being bused in didn't vote them in office or will they be the ones voting for them in a couple of years

like I said, you clearly think that the people should be constrained in their efforts to organize and mobilize against impending actions by their government.

I do not.

like I said, you clearly think that the people should be constrained in their efforts to organize and mobilize against impending actions by their government.

I do not.

Not at all MM but the people on the buses have homes also , why not go to t townhall meetings in there district ?

Not at all MM but the people on the buses have homes also , why not go to t townhall meetings in there district ?

who cares? either the people have the right to organize and mobilize as they see fit, or they do not.

I, obviously, think that they do... and you, just as obviously, think that they do not.

that is one of many major differences between us.

who cares? either the people have the right to organize and mobilize as they see fit, or they do not.

I, obviously, think that they do... and you, just as obviously, think that they do not.

that is one of many major differences between us.

Your wrong MM I think they do also, in there own hometowns in there districts , so it is a level playing field across the Country

This saying is annoying off on meter... The rhyme is there, but the meter is off, in order to set it straight you would have to pronounce "tomorrow" oddly.

Your wrong MM I think they do also, in there own hometowns in there districts , so it is a level playing field across the Country

no. Jeff...YOU are wrong. YOU actually want to restrict the movement of American citizens and stop them from exercising their rights of assembly and free speech in any area outsider their congressional districts.

that is ridiculous, from my perspective, and it smacks of fascist totalitarianism... but that seems fine with you.

no. Jeff...YOU are wrong. YOU actually want to restrict the movement of American citizens and stop them from exercising their rights of assembly and free speech in any area outsider their congressional districts.

that is ridiculous, from my perspective, and it smacks of fascist totalitarianism... but that seems fine with you.

OK so your post, post# 37 is meaningless then, why not just stay in DC call the people you want to hear from and keep going?

So much for going home to hear from those who put ya in office :pke:

OK so your post, post# 37 is meaningless then, why not just stay in DC call the people you want to hear from and keep going?

So much for going home to hear from those who put ya in office :pke:
run away from your own indefensible facism, jeff....

my post is not meaningless at all. Representatives SHOULD go home... and they SHOULD talk to their constituents. And the DO. And they do so in living rooms and offices and coffee shops and supermarkets all the time. You seem to think that town hall meetings are the only time that congressmen and women interact with their constituency and that misquided attitude of yours just proves what a political neophyte you really are.

Add to that, your completely unAmerican attitude that would restrict the movements of citizens and silence the free speech of citizens outside their own congressional districts.

The sort of America where that sort of muzzling is acceptable is nowhere I care to live.

glad to see that Jeff has abandoned his idiotic position that Americans should only be allowed to exercise their rights of speech and assembly within their home congressional districts.

wise move, Jeff. I think you realized how ridiculously indefensible such a position really was. :cof1:

glad to see that Jeff has abandoned his idiotic position that Americans should only be allowed to exercise their rights of speech and assembly within their home congressional districts.

wise move, Jeff. I think you realized how ridiculously indefensible such a position really was. :cof1:

No Dumbass I will never feel it is ok to bus people in to make your side look good, I just realized arguing with a guy that acts the way you do and then calls himself a PREACHER is a waste of time, I think that tells enough about your logic and beliefs, you are a liar in every aspect of your life

No Dumbass I will never feel it is ok to bus people in to make your side look good, I just realized arguing with a guy that acts the way you do and then calls himself a PREACHER is a waste of time, I think that tells enough about your logic and beliefs, you are a liar in every aspect of your life

your position is indefensible... you are suggesting that there need to be limits on free speech and the rights of assembly.... you are a fascist but don't have the courage or the intelligence to acknowledge it.

Back