Preppers and Nutters, the party is over.

Absolutely it's wise to make some preparations. However, if one needs food for a year that's a whole other story. And it's another story to indoctrinate kids and the mentally ill especially telling them the time is coming when people will have to defend their home with firearms from marauding gangs. The hoarding and bunker mentality is sick.

sure apple...but if it ever hits the fan, you will of course burn their bunker down and take their supplies

:rolleyes:

sure apple...but if it ever hits the fan, you will of course burn their bunker down and take their supplies

:rolleyes:

If it hits the fan there will be anarchy.

One thing I'm curious about. Would you say the rebels are the ones who are doing the preparing or an equal mixture of people pro and con government?

One thing I'm curious about. Would you say the rebels are the ones who are doing the preparing or an equal mixture of people pro and con government?

Those on the right are prepping for their war....

i don't agree that there will necessarily be anarchy. groups will form and those who are armed and supplied will most likely not engage in anarchy, rather, try to reestablish some semblance of government, unless of course they are mad power tyrants.

i don't really know the percentage. i did read recently, however, that shelters for the wealthy are flying of the proverbial shelf. i can't find the exact article, but here is one from 2009 talking about 'chic' shelters and how business is booming.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/engineering/architecture/4325649

What about a pandemic Apple? How would the government respond to something like the Black Death, when 1/2 people die. Is it foolish to be prepared for something that has historically happened?

We're talking about a persom who was unable to look after himself, be it a child or an adult. He required supervision and having guns he can access is not proper supervision.

But then you have a very broad view of what the term access is.

Do you support the idea that people who have a mentally ill person, living in their home, should not own a car; because it allows access by the mentally ill person?

What assumption? He got the guns. Or are you unable to correlate "he got the guns" to "he was able to access the guns"? The mother was still in bed. Obviously he didn't have to make a noise and smash something in order to get the guns or the mother would have investigated the noise.

Think, man. Think! Use a bit of logic and common sense.

You go right ahead and continue to post your ASSumptions, without providing a shread of evidence to support them; because you also appear to have no problem in dragging the bodies of 20 dead children through the street, in order to promote your agenda.

Good point. Perhaps it's time to demand that be included in all insurance plans.

It's nice to see you're working on the solution side of the debate. :)

Nah, just treat it the same as car insurance; but it also has to include the provision that no insurance, also means no sex.

Exactly! A person authorized to home school providing an environment in which guns are collected and the idea the world is going to crash and the resulting shortages and turmoil and need to defend oneself is the atmosphere and lesson being taught to a mentally ill individual who had already displayed anti-social behavior.

As I asked before can it get any more fvcked up? This idea of home schooling where the child is a virtual captive of the family living their entire life under the views of one or two individuals is a sick policy as is evident in this case. All children should be required to attend school in order to insure such craziness does not happen. With their young (in this case disabled) minds they are subjected 24 hours a day to what could be a severely deranged adult.

One has to wonder if Adam would have turned out differently had he been surrounded by optimistic people. Was she his mother and teacher and doctor and counsellor? And as for the rumor they had connecting bedrooms......I'm not even going there.

God what a mess. There is enough material here to keep law enforcement and doctors/psychiatrists/psychologists busy for a long time. Computer entries, diaries, interviewing people they knew. I hope someone takes this on and follows up on the different avenues the investigation will take.

<translation>
I'm scared, I don't undersstand, and I want answers; so I'll blame it on a dead person, because this way they can't respond and I can just post whatever BS I want.
</translation>

Absolutely it's wise to make some preparations. However, if one needs food for a year that's a whole other story. And it's another story to indoctrinate kids and the mentally ill especially telling them the time is coming when people will have to defend their home with firearms from marauding gangs. The hoarding and bunker mentality is sick.

See Apple just wants everyone to suffer the same. :palm:

What about a pandemic Apple? How would the government respond to something like the Black Death, when 1/2 people die. Is it foolish to be prepared for something that has historically happened?

There's been a huge amount of shows, regarding the end of civilization, on the TV this week and one that caught my attention talked about how swine flu mutates and is a large threat to the population of earth.

i don't agree that there will necessarily be anarchy. groups will form and those who are armed and supplied will most likely not engage in anarchy, rather, try to reestablish some semblance of government, unless of course they are mad power tyrants.

i don't really know the percentage. i did read recently, however, that shelters for the wealthy are flying of the proverbial shelf. i can't find the exact article, but here is one from 2009 talking about 'chic' shelters and how business is booming.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/engineering/architecture/4325649

I saw a TV piece about the huge increase in sales, as well. As for those buried shelters I guess the rebels never saw the movie Caddy Shack and how Bill Murray dealt with the golphers. :D

The Black Death lasted years. What quantity of supplies can people hoard? Do you have any idea the quantity of supplies needed for, say, a family of four? And if something did happen that required people to live in a shelter for, say, six months what happens after that?

The point being if an event occurs that requires people to live in a shelter for six months there will be nothing available at the end of six months. For example, with a catastrophe like Katrina or Long Island the people can have supplies but they only require them for a short period because there are supplies elsewhere. If it comes to the point where people have to live in a shelter for six months there won't be supplies elsewhere. They will have to grow food after the six months. That takes time. In other words it's not a matter of waiting out the six months and then everything returns to normal. They will need supplies to restart society. Seeds. Building tools. Farming equipment. Who the hell would want to be alive in a world like that? Endless misery.

Not for me. If a catastrophe of that magnitude struck I'd want to be the first to go. It's all about the quality of life.

But then you have a very broad view of what the term access is.

Do you support the idea that people who have a mentally ill person, living in their home, should not own a car; because it allows access by the mentally ill person?

Would you leave the keys on a table where a mentally ill person could get them or keep them in your pocket?

You go right ahead and continue to post your ASSumptions, without providing a shread of evidence to support them; because you also appear to have no problem in dragging the bodies of 20 dead children through the street, in order to promote your agenda.

Just because you're unable to draw conclusions doesn't mean others are unable to do so. Check out the video at the bottom of this page.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/21/newtown-moment-of-silence_n_2345503.html

<translation>
I'm scared, I don't undersstand, and I want answers; so I'll blame it on a dead person, because this way they can't respond and I can just post whatever BS I want.
</translation>

There's no BS. As a gun owner it was her responsibility to secure her fire arms and she didn't do that knowing there was a mentally ill person living in her home. No "IF's". No "But's". No mystery here.

There's been a huge amount of shows, regarding the end of civilization, on the TV this week and one that caught my attention talked about how swine flu mutates and is a large threat to the population of earth.

There's probably a thousand 2012 end-of-world videos on YouTube. I wonder if they're going to do a clean-up.

People like Apple and Tom, who aren't American citizens, should be taxed excessively to post on American political boards. If they aren't willing to pay the tax, they should have their computers confiscated by the government. If they pay the tax and are allowed to post, and they post something which contradicts the US Constitution, they should lose their privileges to post, and repeated offenses should result in loss of their computers. If they say something offensive to Americans, there should also be a fine, and repeated offenses again, result in loss of their computers. We also should make it mandatory for any non-American to have to include a tag in every post which tells their actual name address and phone number, so we can enforce these policies.

People like Apple and Tom, who aren't American citizens, should be taxed excessively to post on American political boards. If they aren't willing to pay the tax, they should have their computers confiscated by the government. If they pay the tax and are allowed to post, and they post something which contradicts the US Constitution, they should lose their privileges to post, and repeated offenses should result in loss of their computers. If they say something offensive to Americans, there should also be a fine, and repeated offenses again, result in loss of their computers. We also should make it mandatory for any non-American to have to include a tag in every post which tells their actual name address and phone number, so we can enforce these policies.

That PTED (post traumatic election disorder) is really acting up today, huh? :( Sorry to see.

That PTED (post traumatic election disorder) is really acting up today, huh? :( Sorry to see.

I can tell it's going to be a long 4 years for you. I kind of feel bad that you have nothing but this sort of thing to throw at me, in the wake of all the bad shit which is yet to come. It's the kind of thing that could potentially cause you mental distress and make you a danger to society, so I think maybe we should implant a chip under your skin, so that we can track your movements. We wouldn't want you to go all Adam Lanza on us, would we?

Back