Preppers and Nutters, the party is over.

Of course it would, you could easily add some exotic rare earths like erbium, yttrium and lanthanum for instance. The precise amounts would be kept secret and would allow mass spectroscopic analysis to be performed easily on ersatz bullets.

So, all ammunition manufacturers, who make ammo for the military would have to change the powder formula, relying on rare earths predominantly found in China, to prevent people from rolling their own?

Tom, that would NEVER happen. Want to know what happened when the ATF said that government surplus brass wouldn't be sold anymore? They caved in 3 days when ammo makers said they wouldn't sell to the government.

And how would you enforce it again? Go to 100,000,000 homes and pull apart peoples ammo, some of which is from WW1 (like about 3,000 of mine)?

Tom, your idea is bad. Its unenforceable, incredibly costly, has no benefit.

Authorized? Every parent is authorized to provide home shooling.

Sure, Rune. The parent with a grade 9 education is going to teach grade 11 math to their child. :palm:

Yes, they should be subjected to your version of what they should be subjected to instead. Thank God you are just a fucking canadien.When public schools are capable of teaching children with autism, lets us know.

Yes, there is enough material in this one post alone to keep a forensic phychiatrical team busy for a long time. Keep your authoritarian bullshit in Kanada.

Well, we saw the results, didn't we?

your solution was to 'storm the house and burn it down' and yet you rail against gun violence. odd dichotomy.

if it is not about preparing, why do you constantly mock 'preppers'? and then admit that preppers are actually necessary and even cite that there are laws against hoarding. i think it is a wise idea for everyone to have some preparations.

Absolutely it's wise to make some preparations. However, if one needs food for a year that's a whole other story. And it's another story to indoctrinate kids and the mentally ill especially telling them the time is coming when people will have to defend their home with firearms from marauding gangs. The hoarding and bunker mentality is sick.

So, all ammunition manufacturers, who make ammo for the military would have to change the powder formula, relying on rare earths predominantly found in China, to prevent people from rolling their own?

Tom, that would NEVER happen. Want to know what happened when the ATF said that government surplus brass wouldn't be sold anymore? They caved in 3 days when ammo makers said they wouldn't sell to the government.

And how would you enforce it again? Go to 100,000,000 homes and pull apart peoples ammo, some of which is from WW1 (like about 3,000 of mine)?

I am talking about the illegal operations that would inevitably spring up if ammunition was taxed at a level to fund mental health and police in every school. They wouldn't need to go to every home because lead supply would be monitored and tracked. As for rare earths, I would point you towards Molycorp as an example of a RRE company that is trying to break the Chinese stranglehold. The actual amounts used would be incredibly small, maybe only nanograms as mass spectroscopes are incredibly sensitive these days.

I am not talking about the powder, I am talking about the lead used for the bullets.

Tom, your idea is bad. Its unenforceable, incredibly costly, has no benefit.[/QUOTE

I am not talking about the powder, I am talking about the lead used for the bullets.

So the only way to tell the difference between one of your rare earth bullets and a lead one (ignoring that there are all sorts of other things involved), would be AFTER it's fired?

So the only way to tell the difference between one of your rare earth bullets and a lead one (ignoring that there are all sorts of other things involved), would be AFTER it's fired?

Don't be ridiculous, if would only require a tiny sample, no more than micrograms, taken from a bullet. Why would it need to be fired? Actually it doesn't need to be a rare earth, you could use other elements such as antimony, tin or even arsenic.

Tom...you're failing to understand the concept...people, in their homes/basements/garages, cast their own bullets. Not Sierra or Hornady. Joe the plumber.

Yes I know that, which why I said that there would have to be controls on lead supply and a chemical signature added to track illicit manufacture. It is not very different to the concept of red diesel in the UK. That is only intended for farm and industrial use and is taxed far more lightly than normal diesel. A dye is added so that Customs and Excise can tell the difference. The whole purpose of chemically ID'ing bullets would be to stop commercial operations not Joe six pack.

Yes I know that, which why I said that there would have to be controls on lead supply and a chemical signature added to track illicit manufacture. It is not very different to the concept of red diesel in the UK. That is only intended for farm and industrial use and is taxed far more lightly than normal diesel. A dye is added so that Customs and Excise can tell the difference. The whole purpose of chemically ID'ing bullets would be to stop commercial operations not Joe six pack.

When there are millions of Joes, it defeats your purpose. You cannot control lead, a element used in all sorts of shit, like a refined fuel. People melt down batteries for bullets, are you going to tax batteries or control peoples access to them?

Back