Prove to me that God doesn’t exist

And Jesus said he came to fulfill Jewish law.

Jesus wasn't a Christian. He was a Jew.

Paul brought the gospel to the gentiles, and told them they didn't have to follow the Jewish law. For two thousand years, christians have been exempt form Jewish ritual purity and food laws.

I'm actually shocked to learn that posters who claim to have grown up Christian aren't aware Paul said christians are exempt from the Jewish ritual laws.

I hate to break it to you, but if you slogged your way through laws about shellfish, cloven hooved animals, and temple sacrificial laws, you totally wasted your time

Paul brought the gospel to the gentiles, and told them they didn't have to follow the Jewish law. For two thousand years, christians have been exempt form Jewish ritual purity and food laws.

I'm actually shocked to learn that posters who claim to have grown up Christian aren't aware Paul said christians are exempt from the Jewish ritual laws.

I hate to break it to you, but if you slogged your way through laws about shellfish, cloven hooved animals, and temple sacrificial laws, you totally wasted your time

Correct.

I wouldn't call it a "waste of your time", it's in there for a reason. In time it will be explained.

Wow. Gosh. I did not know that!

I just slogged my way through two and a half chapters of Leviticus. There's now way I could finish that book, because the laws of temple ritual sacrifice of animals, what to do with the kidneys, liver, when to burn the incense, etc. are just meaningless and irrelevant to my life, and they aren't even relevant to christians.

I have no idea why you wasted your time reading that, or who told you that you had to.

I just slogged my way through two and a half chapters of Leviticus. There's now way I could finish that book, because the laws of temple ritual sacrifice of animals, what to do with the kidneys, liver, when to burn the incense, etc. are just meaningless and irrelevant to my life, and they aren't even relevant to christians.

I have no idea why you wasted your time reading that, or who told you that you had to.
It’s more about ancient rites and primitive cultures. Great from a historical POV…and often cherry-picked by RWers to justify bigotry against gays.

You aren't Biblically trained enough to make those assumptions! If you don't understand something ,seek the answer! You're so full of yourself you think you're above it all!
You're not!

Unlike you, I prefer to have my opinions based on facts.

There's now way I could finish that book, because the laws of temple ritual sacrifice of animals, what to do with the kidneys, liver, when to burn the incense, etc. are just meaningless and irrelevant to my life, and they aren't even relevant to christians.

Most of the Bible is meaningless and irrelevant. I don't care what ancient Jews believed.

It’s more about ancient rites and primitive cultures. Great from a historical POV…and often cherry-picked by RWers to justify bigotry against gays.

Very true.

I don't want to waste time reading about how to sacrifice animals, what kosher foods I am allowed to eat, long list of Hebrew genealogy. It's meaningless to me. I am mostly interested in the New Testament, but I make it a point to read some of the Old Testament prophets because they were important moral teachers.

Bottom line, the entire Christian bible is over a thousand pages, and I don't need to read every page.

On the other hand, the Dhammapada, the Bhagavad-Gita, the Dao de Jing are short enough to read in an afternoon, so it made it easy and convenient for me to acquire a real taste of Buddhist, Hindu, and Daoist thought.

Very true.

I don't want to waste time reading about how to sacrifice animals, what kosher foods I am allowed to eat, long list of Hebrew genealogy. It's meaningless to me. I am mostly interested in the New Testament, but I make it a point to read some of the Old Testament prophets because they were moral teachers.

Bottom line, the entire Christian bible is over a thousand pages, and I don't need to read every page.

On the other hand, the Dhammapada, the Bhagavad-Gita, the Dao de Jing are short enough to read in an afternoon, so it made it easy and convenient for me to acquire a real taste of Buddhist, Hindu, and Daoist thought.

Only a layman, but the dietary restrictions of both the OT and Quran seem to be efforts to prevent people dying of disease in a time lacking refrigeration and antibiotics.

Should the Zombie Apocalypse ever arrive, going kosher or halal should be a considered. Not for religious reasons, but for medical reasons.

I bet that nobody can.

You can prove it to yourself.

Just say, "Dear God, if you exist, strike me with lightning now"!

Let us know how that goes for you!

Here I will say it, "Dear God, if you exist, strike me with lightning now"!

Oh-O-O-O Heaven let your light shine down!

Back