Questions for the religious

Monotheism evolved from the Canaanite pantheon of gods.. Early on every tribe had their own god which they carried from place to place on a litter...

monotheism didn't evolve......it was dropped on the head of Israel by order of God all in one single act........

monotheism didn't evolve......it was dropped on the head of Israel by order of God all in one single act........

You should read your Bible.

Exodus 32:28

And the children of Levi did according to the word of Moses: and there fell of the people that day about three thousand men.

Israel was called the great harlot because she was always chasing other goods.

Why do so many supposedly devout Xtians act like Ralph? They claim to worship a god "who so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son," and which son commanded his followers to "love thy neighbor as thyself," yet they seem to hate half the ppl in said world.

If Jesus returned tomorrow with the exact same message as before, accompanied by all the signs and wonders depicted in the Bible, they'd turn their backs or throw stones (or bullets from their ARs).

Precisely.

Jesus would be an outcast...someone spurned and held in contempt by the people who most claim love and devotion to him today.

odd.....I've never thought of it but I expect an omniscient God would have no problem with any language out there......as I recall at the age of 12 he amazed the elders at the synagogue in Jerusalem with his knowledge of the torah........that would, of course, mean fluency in Hebrew.........as for Greek, I expect the average person knew both Greek and Aramaic at the time......

So says your book....

I am thoroughly enjoying your learned references. I appreciate your insight and extensive knowledge.

Refreshing.

To me the Bible is endlessly fascinating.. and so is the ancient history of the Middle East. The Jews were not monotheistic by a long shot.

To me the Bible is endlessly fascinating.. and so is the ancient history of the Middle East. The Jews were not monotheistic by a long shot.

The historical aspects of it, as well as the origins and evolution of it are fascinating to me as well. But I haven’t spent the time immersed in it as you have. I appreciate you sharing your knowledge.

You should read your Bible.

Exodus 32:28

And the children of Levi did according to the word of Moses: and there fell of the people that day about three thousand men.

Israel was called the great harlot because she was always chasing other goods.

and does that not prove that the religion of the OT and the NT was monotheism?.....

Back