Refugee status requested

so you refuse to accept the failings of the completely disrespected school of economics your ideas come from?

the school of Economics that hates MATH

why do you cling to economic ideas promoted by the ONE school of economics that doesnt like math.

the Austrian school is not well respected by the entire field of economics

do you realize that

I'll bet she says I don't know anything about math, either. I've only been a machinist for 40 years. :rolleyes:

Only 40 years? RB I never realized how young you are! :innocent:

But on the serious side my step farther was a master machinist and some of the things he made are sitting on the moon. I always thought that was pretty cool.

Only 40 years? RB I never realized how young you are! :innocent:

But on the serious side my step farther was a master machinist and some of the things he made are sitting on the moon. I always thought that was pretty cool.

Hopefully, you'll never need use of a few of the parts I've made. They went in heart and lung machines.

https://www.usnews.com/opinion/blog.../29/economists-agree-tax-cuts-cost-revenue---

There's an old joke that if you laid all the economists in the world end to end, they wouldn't reach a conclusion. Well, not quite. A panel of prominent economists recently came to a decisive conclusion: Despite a widely held notion to the contrary in powerful circles, tax cuts cost revenue.*
First, let's be clear that we're not talking about a biased group of economists.*The IGM economic experts panel, run by the Initiative on Global Markets at the University of Chicago's Booth School of Business, was created to explore the extent to which economists agree or disagree on major public policy issues, and it includes Democrats, Republicans, and independents as well as older and younger scholars. The panel is surveyed regularly, each time on a different topic.
When asked recently about the proposition, "A cut in federal income tax rates in the U.S. right now would raise taxable income enough so that the annual total tax revenue would be higher within five years than without the tax cut," none of the panel's 40 economists agreed.*When responses were weighted by the confidence respondents expressed in their answers, 96 percent disagreed and 4 percent were uncertain.

the IGM surveys make clear, politicians who argue that spending increases always have to be offset but that tax cuts never do are arguing a position that flies in the face of the best economic thinking.

Back