Rep Points... Do away with them?

Should we get rid of rep points?

• Yes, get rid of those useless popularity points.

Votes: 13 48.1%
  • No, it pleases me to get positive affirmation from my friends.

Votes: 14 51.9%

• Total voters
well when people ask I oblige. I'm a nice dude. If people dont want extra points, they dont have to ask me. simple as that.

Yeah that's it, you're just a nice guy :palm:

The point being rep would not be an issue if you'd stop being such a spoiled, bored, impetuous child. All whining would just be that whining. Instead what we have is moderator having to spend time dusting up after his child.

If you had not been fucking with rep when Damo reset nothing would have heppened ...right? Even though the xtra points you gave me you took back a long time ago~~~ The point is child, that rep would never be a problem if you'd just let them alone.

usmessage board never has trouble with their system, but then they don't have a silly child getting bored.

No hard feelings grind...just saying it like it is.

Nothing funnier than watching some stupid cow cry over non-existant points!!

Keep up the whine-a-rama you incredible crybaby!!:cof1:

I said from the very beginning, it would be nice if the system were fair and impartial, but it never has been. When the authorities have no respect for integrity or fairness, there is none. It's nothing more than dictatorial praise for butt munchers. I don't need praise, and I don't want to butt munch the dictators, so their rep points don't really appeal to me.

From a pragmatic view, I think it starts cluttering up the board after a while, all the little 'concentration camp' stars across the top of every post... people at work wonder if I am talking Nazi propaganda or something. Again, if it were reasonable and fair, it might be different. The way you've set it up is just silly and superfluous. Always has been, always will be... but you don't want to listen to me, you'd rather die first!

Damo, I am familiar with php boards, I currently administer one. We use the same 'accept/decline' rankings system, and I know you, the Admin, have the sole power to designate permissions, and control the parameters of the rankings. You've chosen to allow Grind to have his own little Ego Playground and decorate everyone's profiles up all pretty, and you don't really seem to give a flying fuck about integrity or legitimacy. It's all a big joke to you, just something for Grind to play with and amuse himself.

I wish your poll had the option: "MAKE IT LEGITIMATE!" because, I would have voted for that! I think it would be cool to have Liberal/Conservative rankings, something to tell you where a person's political compass is, judged by the readers of their posts. Is that too much to want? It can't begin to be fair until it becomes legitimate, and everyone gets an equal vote, operating under the same parameters.

zappa, stop being a neocon parrot.

WOW!

I can honestly say that that is the FIRST time someone has EVER accused me of being a neocon parrot...a libtard parrot?? Hundreds...THOUSANDS of times!

But a neocon? First time.

Tell me what I said that gave you the impression I was a neocon and I will gladly retract it.

I said from the very beginning, it would be nice if the system were fair and impartial, but it never has been. When the authorities have no respect for integrity or fairness, there is none. It's nothing more than dictatorial praise for butt munchers. I don't need praise, and I don't want to butt munch the dictators, so their rep points don't really appeal to me.

From a pragmatic view, I think it starts cluttering up the board after a while, all the little 'concentration camp' stars across the top of every post... people at work wonder if I am talking Nazi propaganda or something. Again, if it were reasonable and fair, it might be different. The way you've set it up is just silly and superfluous. Always has been, always will be... but you don't want to listen to me, you'd rather die first!

Damo, I am familiar with php boards, I currently administer one. We use the same 'accept/decline' rankings system, and I know you, the Admin, have the sole power to designate permissions, and control the parameters of the rankings. You've chosen to allow Grind to have his own little Ego Playground and decorate everyone's profiles up all pretty, and you don't really seem to give a flying fuck about integrity or legitimacy. It's all a big joke to you, just something for Grind to play with and amuse himself.

I wish your poll had the option: "MAKE IT LEGITIMATE!" because, I would have voted for that! I think it would be cool to have Liberal/Conservative rankings, something to tell you where a person's political compass is, judged by the readers of their posts. Is that too much to want? It can't begin to be fair until it becomes legitimate, and everyone gets an equal vote, operating under the same parameters.

This! :good4u:

Or if we could just have the ability to put grind on ignore~~~:cof1:

I'm not sure that I post often enough to partake in this poll. Ultimately, I suppose I am indifferent to the issue. I have never neg repped anyone, and, because I infrequently post, I probably do not pos rep as often as I should or would if I were a more active member.

WOW!

I can honestly say that that is the FIRST time someone has EVER accused me of being a neocon parrot...a libtard parrot?? Hundreds...THOUSANDS of times!

But a neocon? First time.

Tell me what I said that gave you the impression I was a neocon and I will gladly retract it.

shows you how worthless the term has become.....

interesting point, we all know the troll votes can number close to 20 or more

i voted to do away with them

there is actually still a way to tell if trolls voted or not. i'll take a look just so we can make sure we have an accurate count

if people really wanted something like this it wouldn't be so bad.... though I still think it's more trouble than it's worth. It gets pretty annoying having people post threads calling out others that have downvoted them etc. I just think it's a distraction that some people get carried away with and take too seriously.

Back