Republican State Legislatures Assume Leadership of Insurrection.

I have the least popular thread on the forum.
It's on page 4 or 5 every time I log on.

But I'll keep bumping it anyway so I can remember what I said.

Oh, and Republicans suck.

One wonders what you miscreants were doing this morning while I was playing what has to pass for golf?

My boy and I were playing golf this morning while you were playing golf. I’m terrible at the game but my boy likes it. I finished par, birdie, par on the last three holes though. I hit the green from 210 (3 wood) yards out on 17 after I skulled my drive, then made a putt for birdie. There’s always that one hole or shot that keeps a fellow coming back.

Republicans might suck but they’re better than the alternative. ;)

My Cards are playing better the first few games after the Allstar break, but we have too many key injuries and our pitching is lousy so I’ll probably just have to be satisfied with a win now and then for the rest of this year.

My Cards are playing better the first few games after the Allstar break, but we have too many key injuries and our pitching is lousy so I’ll probably just have to be satisfied with a win now and then for the rest of this year.

It could be worse. You could be an Orioles fan.

Going to my tribe’s elders luncheon today. They’re honoring tribal members and their spouses for their military service. Though my dad isn’t a native he was married to one so he will be in one of the seats of honor.

As critical as I often am about flyover country, I seriously appreciate the affection that St. Louis has always had for baseball.
I actually saw the St. Louis BROWNS play when I was a little boy. It was their last season--1953.

For the benefit of youngsters who wouldn't care anyway, they began as a Milwaukee team for one year in 1901,
then played in St. Louis through 1953, and went to Baltimore in 1954. Same group McGirt is complaining about in 2021.

Now that virtually all the Republican controlled state legislatures, with the complete blessing of our pig shit constitution,
are dismantling the democratic republic of the United States of America by taking over complete control of who votes
and whose ballots get counted,

storming the capitol should no longer be necessary.

They have discovered how unnecessary it was to start the previous civil war by firing on Fort Sumter.
They could have just stayed home and done it in a perfectly constitutionally compliant way.

Rural Christian conservatives are able to destroy the republic as a minority
because the genius founders provided them the right to do it.

What's worse, the confederates are not merely seeking separation anymore.
Now, they want to take over the whole thing.
That, however, they can only do with our help.
Blue States have legislatures as well. Also, a fuck of a lot more money.

Civilized progressive liberals have got to wake up.
We no longer have the luxury of believing in the idyllic America that we were told about by clueless grade school teachers.
It was a nice thought, but it was total bullshit. We should be easily able to see that now.

There are people in the middle of this country who hate us,
who hate our modern and humane ideas,
who worship a magic man in the sky,
and who believe that the magic man wants them in charge.
They have lots of guns.
They have no brains whatsoever.

The centrists and fence-sitters among us are not neutral;
they're clearly on the side of the shitkicker crackers.
They're all Joe Manchin without the expensive haircuts that they wouldn't be able to get back in their home states such as West Virginia.

So now, non-devolved, still with functioning brains humans, what do you plan to do about it?
You're not all pushing seventy-five.
Most of you will have to be here for a long, long time.
Do you wish to live like a human being,
or like a devolved mutant trumpanzee?

I have been the only contributor on this forum to remind you of what should have been obvious.

We have radical problems,
and there are NO moderate solutions to radical problems.

You can continue to be panty-waists fellating your precious constitution,
or you can decide that you'll do WHATEVER IT TAKES
to not live like some drooling cracker like the ones you've met here at JPP.

welcome to america and the constitution, dirty commie.

now go fuck yourself, desperate.

This message is hidden because AssHatZombie is on your ignore list.

I'm normally an ignorer, not a thread banner, but I should have thought about this clown.
Mea culpa.

At some point we have to acknowledge that capping each others' asses is simply what we do in America.
Now we even do it at baseball matches in the nation's Capitol.

Some entrepreneur ought to find a way to make it a tourist attraction, you know,
Westworld with live ammo and real people rather than automatons.
I think that I could pitch that to investors. That's a very green-lightable project for America.

That's what America does with lemons--make lemonade, right?

sounds like the soft racism of low expectations.

rap video values.

stop dehumanizing humanity.

No game today. I'm feeling more than a little sore and don't care to pop any oxy or two just to play.
I have to make a few calls, but may do a breakfast with the old union gang tomorrow morning.

Discussions always include how much Republicans suck.

It's not out of the question that the waitress's tush might be discussed as well,
but she'll be treaded respectfully and tipped well.
They're all pretty nice to us old timers.
Never let the coffee cups get empty until we say "enough."

I suppose that if I were a young woman who couldn't hit, field, or throw, I might try soccer instead of softball as well.

Independents stand for nothing other than apathy. They're not in the game. They complain a lot, but that's about it.

While multiple parties make sense to me, people always say "third party" as though that were some form of panacea.

They don't even give any explanation as to situating this third party ideologically.

As long as it's not Democratic or Republican, it will help solve the problem.

Also, those who seek to establish an alternate party always do it with a presidential candidate.
They don't have so much as a fucking local school committee member anywhere, but they want a third party president with NO congressional or state support whatsoever.

This type of lunacy shouldn't be encouraged or even tolerated.
These idiots need to be institutionalized.

It's not whether or not the Republican Party has earned parity with the Ku Klux Klan or not.
It most obviously has.

The real question is whether or not so doing has marginalized them.
It doesn't seem to have.
They still have tens of millions of followers.

The only conclusion to be logically drawn is that almost half of the American electorate is comprised of truly vile troglodytes.

This is what the "true believers" among us refuse to acknowledge.
And this refusal to deal with reality is what makes "true believers" as toxic to this republic as trumpanzees are.

All Republicans without exception are useless to the cause of American excellence.
NOT all Democrats are useful to that cause, however.
The ones who have yet to toughen up and face reality are themselves a big problem.

Slow Friday.

I returned from my breakfast social and nobody's here.

For what it's worth, the cholesterol orgy was delicious as usual.

My arteries will go down as heroes.

E Pluribus unum has become our death wish.

Failing to partition will result in anarchy, and anarchy will be contained by a North Korean like dystopia
because it can't be repaired by democratic means.

Sox vs. Yanks again tonight.

I've been watching this rivalry since the early 1950s.
It's been taking place since 1903, the Yanks' first season. [Sox started in 1901.]

I'll never get sick of it.

I'll never, in fact, get enough of it.

I have decades of images burned in my mind,
and the times of my life that correlate with them
are thus brought back into memory too.

Middle America may have Cubs vs. Cardinals.
I suppose that's better than nothing.
But really....

I think that's 9 out of 11 against the Yankees so far this year.
Two more to play this weekend.

There's nothing that beats Red Sox vs. Yankees for a septuagenarian Bostonian.

Back