Republicans are like Holocaust Deniers.

I do not believe everyone should have the right to vote but I also do not believe the right to vote should be determined by race, religion, sexual orientation or gender. I subscribe to Heinlein's idea in "Starship Trooper" in which only those who have served in the military should be allowed to vote in national elections. His idea was if you were not willing to defend the country why should you have any say in how it is run. As for the "what about" arguments of "what about those who can't serve?" Everyone can serve in some capacity. If you have the ability to independently function you can serve.

Another alternative is only those who pay some form of federal taxes should have the right to vote in national elections. Again, if you are not supporting the country and are just spending someone else's money then what right do you have to tell those who are supporting it how that money should be spent?

I don't know which Founder said that as soon as the people see they can raid the national treasury for their own benefit the nation will be destroyed but it is certainly proving to be true.

You sound like one of those cocksuckers,who raised your hand and told the teacher she forgot to give homework.

Which has nothing to do with him making a rules violation, now does it.

095ea45e2311cd42867eb1923bf858c3.gif

I do not believe everyone should have the right to vote but I also do not believe the right to vote should be determined by race, religion, sexual orientation or gender. I subscribe to Heinlein's idea in "Starship Trooper" in which only those who have served in the military should be allowed to vote in national elections. His idea was if you were not willing to defend the country why should you have any say in how it is run. As for the "what about" arguments of "what about those who can't serve?" Everyone can serve in some capacity. If you have the ability to independently function you can serve.

Another alternative is only those who pay some form of federal taxes should have the right to vote in national elections. Again, if you are not supporting the country and are just spending someone else's money then what right do you have to tell those who are supporting it how that money should be spent?

I don't know which Founder said that as soon as the people see they can raid the national treasury for their own benefit the nation will be destroyed but it is certainly proving to be true.

Interesting view.

Back