Retired (Republican) Justice Stevens argues for repeal of Second Amendment

That's pretty clear. Within the vernacular of the framers, "Bearing arms" was intended to mean joining the militia in a time of war. Not taking your AR on a stroll through the mall.

It actually means they don't support bearing arms period. However, they could be forced to bear arms for militia service and this made sure they would not be forced to.

SCOTUS clearly said it is an individual right, you lose.

It actually means they don't support bearing arms period. However, they could be forced to bear arms for militia service and this made sure they would not be forced to.

SCOTUS clearly said it is an individual right, you lose.

We all lose Yurt.
Scotus was divided. All current gun rights hinge on one vote.
That could easily change, even with what you think is a republican court.

We all lose Yurt.
Scotus was divided. All current gun rights hinge on one vote.
That could easily change, even with what you think is a republican court.

WE THE PEOPLE determine our rights, not the government. allowing your rights to be determined by a government entity is relinquishing your right of self determination. it means you acknowledge that you're incapable of governing yourself and need to be babysat.

WE THE PEOPLE determine our rights, not the government. allowing your rights to be determined by a government entity is relinquishing your right of self determination. it means you acknowledge that you're incapable of governing yourself and need to be babysat.

Have you chosen the cabin in the woods in which you and your family will try to hold off the US government, yet STY?

tiny-cabin-in-the-woods.jpg

You better pack in lots of ammo.
LOL

and snacks.

Last edited:
Have you chosen the cabin in the woods in which you and your family will try to hold off the US government, yet STY?

You better pack in lots of ammo.
LOL

I moved myself in to a city neighborhood with 18 similar mindset neighbors.....if the gov comes knocking i will not be alone.

i'm well supplied, no need for 'snacks'. you sound triggered......like how dare anyone defy your beloved government. am i right? did you have a meltdown over the bundys dismissal?

You can learn from his mistakes. Snacks are important when you "defy" an entire government.
The trees in the woods would give you better cover from long range snipers.
Your home in the city is wide open to a well equipped SWAT team.

Your right, come to think of it, you probably won't need snacks.

You can learn from his mistakes. Snacks are important when you "defy" an entire government.
The trees in the woods would give you better cover from long range snipers.
Your home in the city is wide open to a well equipped SWAT team.

Your right, come to think of it, you probably won't need snacks.

1. better to die on my feet than to live on my knees
2. it's expected that you would not only subject yourself to submission to the state, but that you'd cheer at the deaths of those who won't act like you......

2. it's expected that you would not only subject yourself to submission to the state, but that you'd cheer at the deaths of those who won't act like you......

Leon seems to think that any resistance to an oppressive government is going to only come from a small handful of people and will easily be ended.

Isn't that the same mistake the English made, back in 1775, and around 8 years later, resulted in the English SURRENDERING?

If you are that attached to your toys then, I guess that is what you will have to do.
I can't ever remember "cheering" at anyone's death.
It seems a drastic step to take for just wanting to keep your toys.
ya2Mgk.gif

If you are that attached to your toys then, I guess that is what you will have to do.
I can't ever remember "cheering" at anyone's death.
It seems a drastic step to take for just wanting to keep your toys.
ya2Mgk.gif

As a Marine Corps veteran, I never considered them my toys. they are my tools. tools of freedom. tools of YOUR freedom. but maybe you're not worthy of freedom.

I support repealing the 2nd.

It is out of date.

The arms which existed when it was written are antiquated compared to today.

The 2nd does not prevent a very rich and immature individual from having his own nuclear submarine with nuke-tipped ICBM's.

That kind of scenario belongs in fantasy movies, not reality.

I agree, the language they spoke back then is also antiquated, let's get rid of the first amendment right to protect antiquated speech.

Back