Robber Takes Womans Money, Then Mutilates Her for McCain Support

Nope. My first instinct was to draw it as though I was seeing it on paper -- which on my face makes it backwards.
Rubbish. Unless you regularly write through transparent surfaces.

It actually takes hours of practice to be able to write backwards at speed with any true ability to even be consistently legible. Long ago the navy used transparent boards that enlisted personnel used to write reports on, but they wrote backwards. It took as much practice to do it well as typing does for most people. Muscle memorization and the natural inclination of a human to do it as they always do makes your hand naturally move as it has done thousands of times before, not as your "eye" sees it.

By the way, hardly anyone writes that big very often. It has nothing to do with muscle memory.
It has much to do with muscle memorization. Either the person was consciously working to write the letter backwards or it was done as I said, by pulling the head backwards and carving the letter.

Attempting to do this in the mirror would be difficult. Your hand itself would get in the way as you held the knife, it likely wouldn't be as legible if done by yourself.

No, I'm not writing backwards. From my perspective it's forward.

Really, did you even try it? It takes me about 1 second to make a large B on my face and in the mirror it would look backwards. I'm not even using a mirror. It's actually much more difficult for me to draw it so it would appear correct to an onlooker.

Maybe it's because I'm right brained.

The muscle memory bs is just from your misunderstanding of what muscle memory is.

It has much to do with muscle memorization. Either the person was consciously working to write the letter backwards or it was done as I said, by pulling the head backwards and carving the letter.

Attempting to do this in the mirror would be difficult. Your hand itself would get in the way as you held the knife, it likely wouldn't be as legible if done by yourself.

It doesn't look like a knife did it, to me. Looks like she applied an irritant that gave her a rash in the shape of a B.

No, I'm not writing backwards. From my perspective it's forward.

Really, did you even try it? It takes me about 1 second to make a large B on my face and in the mirror it would look backwards. I'm not even using a mirror. It's actually much more difficult for me to draw it so it would appear correct to an onlooker.

Maybe it's because I'm right brained.

The muscle memory bs is just from your misunderstanding of what muscle memory is.
Yes, I really tried it. I reach up, mirrorless, and make a "B" my hand naturally moved in the direction I normally would write. Just as it would every time, except those when I consciously choose to write backwards. (I used both hands, being ambidextrous, and it worked with either.)

Either way, it appears as if you are reaching for ways you can victimize the woman more.

What evidence do you have other than your own speculation that this was somehow a lie?

Either way, it appears as if you are reaching for ways you can victimize the woman more.

What evidence do you have other than your own speculation that this was somehow a lie?

She's a GOP volunteer from Texas. That's quite a coincidence.

She's a GOP volunteer from Texas. That's quite a coincidence.
I guarantee if this was an Obama volunteer, you'd be on here excoriating all Rs for the action of the one idiot. Well, if felons voted for Rs that is...

Seriously, you use speculation and innuendo in your argument.

Personally, I have no idea if she was attacked. I do think either a perpetrator or a conspirator wrote the letter though, for the reason assigned above.

Her credibility is lacking. That's hard to disagree with.

She's a GOP volunteer who has a blog about electing McCain and she ends up with a B that looks like it was applied in a mirror. HMMMMM

Also, if you're going to carve a B into someone's face, would you do it so gently as to make it look like a rash? You'd cut deep and hard and make her feel it if you hated her enough for having a bumper sticker to do such a thing.

You wind up with a little rash-looking cut when you do it to yourself and you have a low threshold for self-inflicted pain.

It's not convincing.

She's a GOP volunteer who has a blog about electing McCain and she ends up with a B that looks like it was applied in a mirror. HMMMMM
As I said. I believe that regardless of the direction of the "JM" that was carved in her face, if it was an Obama volunteer you would report how much you believed the story.

I don't know if I believe it, but I don't think she applied it herself.

Look I don't give two shits if she did it herself, if it was done by a criminal that supports Obama or anything else. Dano was trying to show that if you are a criminal you would DEFINITELY be an Obama supporter because he is soft on crime and that is just plain and simple bullshit. My bet is most abortion clinic bomber and doctor killers support republicans, but I KNOW that if McCain was elected he would not condone nor be softer on that sort of crime, which he has nothing to do with prosecution or punishment anyway, than he would be on other crimes. Dano's attempt was an intellectually bankrupt attempt at painting Obama with this crime.

Yeah, or maybe she did it to herself while looking in the mirror, moron. It's hardly what you can call "mutilation" regardless. Looks like a rash.

yes it appears like something done in a mirror, that is true, and damo is wrong.

no it does not look like a rash. it is mutilation.

Also, if you're going to carve a B into someone's face, would you do it so gently as to make it look like a rash? You'd cut deep and hard and make her feel it if you hated her enough for having a bumper sticker to do such a thing.

You wind up with a little rash-looking cut when you do it to yourself and you have a low threshold for self-inflicted pain.

It's not convincing.

i do agree with most of what you say here. but, if it was inflicted by an attacker, i'm sorry, but it's mutuliation.

i don't think it was though. i also think that when you have michelle malkin, without a doubt one of the most hateful people on the right, saying this, something's up.

and yes southern man is a racist piece of shit who gets propped up by too many here.

Look I don't give two shits if she did it herself, if it was done by a criminal that supports Obama or anything else. Dano was trying to show that if you are a criminal you would DEFINITELY be an Obama supporter because he is soft on crime and that is just plain and simple bullshit. My bet is most abortion clinic bomber and doctor killers support republicans, but I KNOW that if McCain was elected he would not condone nor be softer on that sort of crime, which he has nothing to do with prosecution or punishment anyway, than he would be on other crimes. Dano's attempt was an intellectually bankrupt attempt at painting Obama with this crime.

also agree.

it's just that when i first read about it i felt very upset because i despise violence against women, and because i knew this would rear the black beast/white woman stereotype.

then when i stared at the picture i started to feel sick in my stomach because i felt i was seeing something else. imagine if someone hated black people so much that they would mutilate their own face to do this.

Back