Rogan's Mouth Still Costing Spotify.

that still suppresses his audience.

No it doesn't.

No one is suppressing Joe Rogan's audience, they can follow him to any streaming platform he wants.

I doubt Rogan could build an audience without Spotify's help, though. But that's not censorship, that's just the weakness of Joe Rogan.

Rogan isn't entitled to an audience, and isn't entitled to a platform.

you are confused as usual. this is not a free speech violation, but it is censorship by the literal definition

It's not censorship because Rogan can say any of the shit he says on that dumb podcast anywhere he wants.

"Don't censor me!!" they yell, not being censored.

It's not censorship because Rogan can say any of the shit he says on that dumb podcast anywhere he wants.

"It's not censorship, because that book is in the high school library - we only burned it from the k-6 library!"

you are an idiot - and are obviously being destroyed here - because of your idiocy

it's not censorship - because we only burned the book in one library.

No, because that privately-owned library made the calculation that it's cheaper to kick that book out than it is to keep re-litigating how terrible and dangerous that book is.

you can go to another library down the road to get it

The difference being that libraries are publicly-owned and Spotify is not.

burning books to suppress reading it is censorship -it does not matter if the author can get his book into another store - the one place censored him

OK, but this isn't a book...this is an entertainment podcast, and one that is spreading lies and misinformation for no good reason.

Private companies can do whatever the fuck they want, including de-platforming liabilities.

And no one would be worse off because of it.

"It's not censorship, because that book is in the high school library - we only burned it form the k-6 library!"

The difference is that libraries are publicly-owned and Spotify is not.

Rogan isn't being censored...he can stand on any streetcorner and say the dumb shit he says in the studio.

ROGAN IS NOT ENTITLED TO THAT PLATFORM.

you are an idiot - and are obviously being destroyed here - because of your idiocy

You just keep saying the same stupid thing while ignoring everything said in conflict with it.

Joe Rogan can leave Spotify at any time and start his own podcast platform...so why doesn't he? Because he gets paid too much and is lazy.

mods can censor you here - on a privately owned space

Right, "censor" ON the platform.

But if you're not ON the platform, you can't be "censored" by it, can you?

I don't have a podcast on Spotify, so am I being censored by them????

You just keep saying the same stupid thing while ignoring everything said in conflict with it.

Joe Rogan can leave Spotify at any time and start his own podcast platform...so why doesn't he? Because he gets paid too much and is lazy.

that has nothing to do with censorship.

you ever get sick of getting dragged? if so, just stop being retarded

Right, "censor" ON the platform.

But if you're not ON the platform, you can't be "censored" by it, can you?

I don't have a podcast on Spotify, so am I being censored by them????

umm - lolwut?

so you admit that Neil Young is looking for Spotify to censor Joe Rogan?

so you admit that Neil Young is looking for Spotify to censor Joe Rogan?

Not censor him, kick him off the platform.

He can still have his dumb show, "uncensored", it just won't be on Spotify.

Joe Rogan is not entitled to a podcast or audience.

So because I don't have a podcast on Spotify, I am being censored by Spotify?

Not censor him, kick him off the platform.

He can still have his dumb show, "uncensored", it just won't be on Spotify.

Joe Rogan is not entitled to a podcast or audience.

So because I don't have a podcast on Spotify, I am being censored by Spotify?

did Spotify kick you off because they find you offensive, or unprofitable? definitions are critical when engaged in semantic debates

No I'm not...I never said profit. I can't help it if your mind automatically goes there...that's on you.

I said the company lost $4B, WHICH IT DID because of Rogan and only Rogan.

And it didn't even fully recoup those losses...it's still $2B in the hole with a damaged brand.

Hey chill out...if specificity is what you need, then that's fine. But this passive-aggressive shit ain't helpful to anyone.

My mind went there because that is the proper way to define company loss.
A company doesn't lose any money when the stock price goes down. I guess you just refuse to be educated.

Back