Ron Paul Tea Party

So, when those Earth First kooks destroy some property or logging equipment, its not eco-terrorism?

i think you better tell the FBI and the conservative movement. They've been calling those acts "eco-terrorism" :)

In all seriousness, I tend to agree with you. Destruction of property for political agenda's does not rise to the modern definition of terrorism in my mind.

Its different when the parties involved are using bombs.

Business in the front, party in the back.

So, when those Earth First kooks destroy some property or logging equipment, its not eco-terrorism?

i think you better tell the FBI and the conservative movement. They've been calling those acts "eco-terrorism" :)

In all seriousness, I tend to agree with you. Destruction of property for political agenda's does not rise to the modern definition of terrorism in my mind.

So burning down the burning bush estate would not be terrorism ?

destroying the temple in Israel would not be terrorism ?

So burning down the burning bush estate would not be terrorism ?

destroying the temple in Israel would not be terrorism ?

Since I think FBI considers Earth First's destruction of logging equipment to be "eco terrorism", then by the FBI definition, destruction of private property for a political agenda probably is terrorism. Ergo, by the FBI defintion, destroying the property on a private ship for political purposes must be terrorism.

Its all semantics though. Not something I'm going to get worked up about.

Since I think FBI considers Earth First's destruction of logging equipment to be "eco terrorism", then by the FBI definition, destruction of private property for a political agenda probably is terrorism. Ergo, by the FBI defintion, destroying the property on a private ship for political purposes must be terrorism.

Its all semantics though. Not something I'm going to get worked up about.

So if I were to snip your mullet to protest the waste of electricity caused by hair dryers, I would be a terrorist?

If they destroy equipment, no it isn't terrorism. If they plant traps to kill people, it is terrorism.

So if I were to snip your mullet to protest the waste of electricity caused by hair dryers, I would be a terrorist?

You're on this little personal gig aren't you. :) Haven't had a mullet in a while, but I have grown my hair nearly down to my shoulders. It looks super cool too. :cool:

You're on this little personal gig aren't you. :) Haven't had a mullet in a while, but I have grown my hair nearly down to my shoulders. It looks super cool too. :cool:

Ever since toppy said you look like Joe Dirt, I've been cracking up.

I haven't worn a mullet since '94.

But you didn't address the question.

If they destroy equipment, no it isn't terrorism. If they plant traps to kill people, it is terrorism.

that's not the way the law reads.

The FBI includes destruction of property for a political agenda, to be terrorism.

Domestic terrorism is the unlawful use, or threatened use, of violence by a group or individual based and operating entirely within the United States (or its territories) without foreign direction, committed against persons or property to intimidate or coerce a government, the civilian population, or any segment thereof, in furtherance of political or social objectives.

I'm sure the King of England thought the Boston Tea partiers were terrorists, and did probably a lot of loyalist Tory americans.

that's not the way the law reads.

The FBI includes destruction of property for a political agenda, to be terrorism.

I'm sure the King of England thought the Boston Tea partiers were terrorists, and did probably a lot of loyalist Tory americans.
It would also depend on how it was destroyed. If it were destroyed in a way to create fear among the loggers then it would still be terrorism.

However I work on personal beliefs. Civil disobedience such as dumping tea into a harbor isn't terrorism because it in no way breeds "terror". Especially when they were very careful not to hurt a fly while doing it.

LOL. WTF? No! Do you use Rogaine?

I'm starting to think your interest in my hair is related to being follically challenged :-)

LOL - No, I just figured if you were going back to 1985 hair band style, you might use Aqua Net.

And I have a magnificent mane, the envy of the island. But I use pomade when I use anything.

LOL - No, I just figured if you were going back to 1985 hair band style, you might use Aqua Net.

And I have a magnificent mane, the envy of the island. But I use pomade when I use anything.

Holy crap, is that was those hair band rockers used! How naive I am. Indeed, they had "helmet" hair. lol

I'm just giving you a hard time dude. I'm glad I was able to amuse you. :)

Back