Scientism

I have GOT to ask you: whenever you say things like this, do you think there's some ineffible somethingness outside of the physical brain that accounts for psychological gender identity? Do you think it's "force" or some "energy" that can exist outside of the human brain? That there is such a thing as a "gender identity" that is not associated integrally with a human physical body/brain?

I'm genuinely curious about this. What do you think is the "nature" of gender identity if it is not purely a physical feature of the brain?

^^^ Asked and answered multiple times.

Not really. I've never seen you describe this related to gender identity. I'm genuinely curious if you think it's a "force" or if you think it is an "energy" or what. But it has to have a physical component, so I'm curious what EXACTLY you think it is if it is not a feature of the physical. Most of the time you just point out that philosophers talk about concepts. You never explain what your hypothesis is that it is such that it makes physicalism or materialism an absurdity. Certainly not that I've seen on this particular topic.

Last edited:
I have GOT to ask you: whenever you say things like this, do you think there's some ineffible somethingness outside of the physical brain that accounts for psychological gender identity? Do you think it's "force" or some "energy" that can exist outside of the human brain? That there is such a thing as a "gender identity" that is not associated integrally with a human physical body/brain?

I'm genuinely curious about this. What do you think is the "nature" of gender identity if it is not purely a physical feature of the brain?

Bipolars seems to operate in cycles just like Perry does. He claims superior to all at times and then tries to look conversationally reasonable at other times.

I think the latter action is twofold; he wants others to believe he's "normal" and an intellectual conversationalist but it's also a trap. No matter the answer he'll flip it around to prove that he's the one who knows the answer, not you, me or anyone else.

Bipolars seems to operate in cycles just like Perry does. He claims superior to all at times and then tries to look conversationally reasonable at other times.

I think the latter action is twofold; he wants others to believe he's "normal" and an intellectual conversationalist but it's also a trap. No matter the answer he'll flip it around to prove that he's the one who knows the answer, not you, me or anyone else.

OH GOOD JESUS I just asked a question. WHY THE ABUSE???

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU? Can you never talk without abusing people??

I'm getting off the Perry merry-go-round. Getting screamed at in all caps rants isn't a good use of time : )

I'm getting off the Perry merry-go-round. Getting screamed at in all caps rants isn't a good use of time : )

No one was screaming at you, sweetie. Your pal, Dutch (AKA Bettin' Man) started the abuse right off the bat. The fact that you LIKE THAT is the indicator that your morality and ethics are screwed.

We know the kind of shit your fave poster is into on here. Why you are OK with that is becoming a bit more clear.

Face it, you can't discuss a topic unless everyone agrees with you. You wouldn't last a day in a real philosophy class.

Why don't you make some bets with your bettin' buddy?

You care what I think, Perry, and that's enough for me. :)

I asked a legit question of your buddy and for some reason you decided to just attack. That's all you ever do. You attack. When you aren't making bets that would turn a normal person's stomach.

Why are you so repulsive?

I asked a legit question of your buddy and for some reason you decided to just attack. That's all you ever do. You attack. When you aren't making bets that would turn a normal person's stomach.

Why are you so repulsive?
^^^
Po', po' Perry, a victim of life. Sad.

You said you didn't care, but now you do care. Why?

No one was screaming at you, sweetie. Your pal, Dutch (AKA Bettin' Man) started the abuse right off the bat. The fact that you LIKE THAT is the indicator that your morality and ethics are screwed.

We know the kind of shit your fave poster is into on here. Why you are OK with that is becoming a bit more clear.

Face it, you can't discuss a topic unless everyone agrees with you. You wouldn't last a day in a real philosophy class.

Why don't you make some bets with your bettin' buddy?
OHMYGOD, it must be time to get me banned from this thread, little Cyprissy! Hit the button! Hit it! Don't be a pussy!
^^^^Can't answer a simple question about his own position. LOL. Typical.
^^^
Perry in his manic phase.

Think of him as a bipolar lab rat and he becomes easier to stand, maybe even a curiosity. It's like watching folly in a child except we're witnessing a full grown adult, probably 30s-40s, who clearly has a high interest in rocks and chemistry but never achieved his dream resulting in a lot of jealousy and anger focused outward. The obvious question is "Why?"

8ghffs.gif

Think of him as a bipolar lab rat and he becomes easier to stand, maybe even a curiosity. It's like watching folly in a child except we're witnessing a full grown adult, probably 30s-40s, who clearly has a high interest in rocks and chemistry but never achieved his dream resulting in a lot of jealousy and anger focused outward. The obvious question is "Why?"

8ghffs.gif

Go play in your van.

Back