Scientism

Nice rock collection, Perry. How long did it take you to save up for that?

I have a geode and some nice polished agate. I wish I had some polished malachite.

But I was never the geek that had a comprehensive gemstone and mineral collection, nor did I steal photos of rare minerals from reddit and claim them as my own.

I have been to those gem and mineral shows, and as far as I can tell most of the vendors and customers aren't professional Earth scientists, they are just amateur geeks who love gemstones.

I have a geode and some nice polished agate. I wish I had some polished malachite.

But I was never the geek that had a comprehensive gemstone and mineral collection, nor did I steal photos of rare minerals from reddit and claim them as my own.

I have been to those gem and mineral shows, and as far as I can tell most of the vendors and customers aren't professional Earth scientists, they are just amateur geeks who love gemstones.

According to Perry's standards, you have a PhD in geology. Congrats!

I think it's hilarious that you don't know any geologists who collect rocks. That's a huge tell that you are a fraud. LOL.

Although it was finally recognized as "legit" in 1972, insurance companies didn't get onboard until about 30 years later, I believe.

American education probably still had a colonialist mindset in the early to mid 20th century. I don't believe much thought was ever put into what people in Asia or Africa were thinking.

American education probably still had a colonialist mindset in the early to mid 20th century. I don't believe much thought was ever put into what people in Asia or Africa were thinking.

Manifest Destiny still permeates the halls of Congress. :)

I think it's hilarious that you don't know any geologists who collect rocks. That's a huge tell that you are a fraud. LOL.

I never said I "didn't know any." My friend Tim is a mineral geek.

Does lying come like second nature to you, Perry the Phd?

I never said I "didn't know any."

You are correct....you clearly stated that there are very, very few:

Nobody gets a job in the professional Earth I by having a comprehensive memory of metamorphic and hydrothermal minerals, ...
...Comprehensive knowledge of minerals and gemstones has basically no relevance to hydrogeology, exploration geophysics, geologic engineering, water management.

But most white collar professional Earth scientists don't really need to use knowledge about rare hydrothermal, igneous, or metamorphic minerals they heard about 35 years ago in a geology class.

I know very few Earth science professionals who have extensive collections of minerals and gemstones. More likely they'll have a nice geode or a few favorite rock specimens

This, of course, is a lie itself. Or you simply don't know any geoscientists. Which lie is the one you want to stick with?

8glme6.jpg
You seem to have some hidden talents, Perry.

You are correct....you clearly stated that there are very, very few:

This, of course, is a lie itself. Or you simply don't know any geoscientists. Which lie is the one you want to stick with?

Thanks for confessing you lied and providing the proof I never said that no Earth scientists have mineral collections.

Nor do they steal photos of rare zinc minerals from Reddit and claim it as their own

Back