Screw Evan Bayh

Cypress

Jesus freaking christ, its increasingly looking like Obama is going to pick Evan Bayh for VP.

First, not only does the guy have the personality of a filing cabinet, but he voted for the God d*mn Iraq War resolution. I'm being told that Bayh is more progressive than people think. So, I checked out how the liberal interest groups rate him. NAACP, NARAL give him flying colors - excellent ratings. Okay, that's cool. SEIU kinda sorta likes him. But, he's not among the more pro-labor Dems. Alarmingly, ACLU gives him a 56 out of a 100 rating. Dismal. One of the worst Democrats in the senate on civil liberties. Now, I know even FDR picked some real losers for VP. VP doesn't mean sh*t. And I know a black man has to appear to the flyover states to be a respectable, flag pin wearing, church going, plain vanilla Amerikan. A black man running for president can't afford to look remotely lefty. A black man doesn't have that luxury. White america would freak out and piss their pants. But this Bayh deal bugs the crap out of me and would be code for what an Obama adminstration might be all about.

If Obama picks Bayh, The McKinney/Rosa Clemente ticket is looking pretty freaking good. Especially, if Cali isn't close.

And this is a very, very groovy Party platform :

GRASSROOTS DEMOCRACY
Every human being deserves a say in the decisions that affect their lives and not be subject to the will of another. Therefore, we will work to increase public participation at every level of government and to ensure that our public representatives are fully accountable to the people who elect them.

SOCIAL JUSTICE AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY
All persons should have the rights and opportunity to benefit equally from the resources afforded us by society and the environment. We must consciously confront in ourselves, our organizations, and society at large, barriers such as racism and class oppression, sexism and homophobia, ageism and disability, which act to deny fair treatment and equal justice under the law.

ECOLOGICAL WISDOM
Human societies must operate with the understanding that we are part of nature, not separate from nature. We must maintain an ecological balance and live within the ecological and resource limits of our communities and our planet. We support a sustainable society which utilizes resources in such a way that future generations will benefit and not suffer from the practices of our generation. .

NON-VIOLENCE
It is essential that we develop effective alternatives to society’s current patterns of violence. We will work to demilitarize, and eliminate weapons of mass destruction, without being naive about the intentions of other governments. We recognize the need for self-defense and the defense of others who are in helpless situations. We promote non-violent methods to oppose practices and policies with which we disagree, and will guide our actions toward lasting personal, community and global peace.

DECENTRALIZATION
Centralization of wealth and power contributes to social and economic injustice, environmental destruction, and militarization. Therefore, we support a restructuring of social, political and economic institutions away from a system which is controlled by and mostly benefits the powerful few, to a democratic, less bureaucratic system. Decision-making should, as much as possible, remain at the individual and local level, while assuring that civil rights are protected for all citizens.

COMMUNITY-BASED ECONOMICS AND ECONOMIC JUSTICE
We recognize it is essential to create a vibrant and sustainable economic system, one that can create jobs and provide a decent standard of living for all people while maintaining a healthy ecological balance.

FEMINISM AND GENDER EQUITY
We have inherited a social system based on male domination of politics and economics. We call for the replacement of the cultural ethics of domination and control with more cooperative ways of interacting that respect differences of opinion and gender. Human values such as equity between the sexes, interpersonal responsibility, and honesty must be developed with moral conscience. We should remember that the process that determines our decisions and actions is just as important as achieving the outcome we want.

RESPECT FOR DIVERSITY
We believe it is important to value cultural, ethnic, racial, sexual, religious and spiritual diversity, and to promote the development of respectful relationships across these lines. We believe that the many diverse elements of society should be reflected in our organizations and decision-making bodies, and we support the leadership of people who have been traditionally closed out of leadership roles. .

PERSONAL AND GLOBAL RESPONSIBILITY
We encourage individuals to act to improve their personal well-being and, at the same time, to enhance ecological balance and social harmony. We seek to join with people and organizations around the world to foster peace, economic justice, and the health of the planet.

FUTURE FOCUS AND SUSTAINABILITY
Our actions and policies should be motivated by long-term goals. We seek to protect valuable natural resources, safely disposing of or “unmaking” all waste we create, while developing a sustainable economics that does not depend on continual expansion for survival. .

McCain is going to win Mississippi and Obama is going to win California. There is really no reason in either of us doing anything but casting a protest vote.

Bayh is a sensible Democrat, and if he were the Presidential nominee, I'd vote for him. But nothing could convince me to vote for Obama.

FYI, Bayh received a 50% rating from NARAL. And keep in mind NARAL tends to be more generous (biased) toward Democratic politicians. If he were a Republican and voted exactly that same, that rating would be 25% or less.

As for McKinney, she is a fucking wacko, which makes her your ideal candidate. I encourage you to vote for her. :)

Years ago I mentioned that I'd vote for Bayh if he were the Democratic nominee. In 2005 I was excited to hear that Bayh had given some thought to running. Then it occurred to me that even if he were to run, he wouldn't win the nomination. Why? Because the DNC has been hijacked by left-wing wackos such as Howard Scream and Barack bin Bama. A sensible person like Bayh wouldn't stand a chance!

Jesus freaking christ, its increasingly looking like Obama is going to pick Evan Bayh for VP.

First, not only does the guy have the personality of a filing cabinet, but he voted for the God d*mn Iraq War resolution. I'm being told that Bayh is more progressive than people think. So, I checked out how the liberal interest groups rate him. NAACP, NARAL give him flying colors - excellent ratings. Okay, that's cool. SEIU kinda sorta likes him. But, he's not among the more pro-labor Dems. Alarmingly, ACLU gives him a 56 out of a 100 rating. Dismal. One of the worst Democrats in the senate on civil liberties. Now, I know even FDR picked some real losers for VP. VP doesn't mean sh*t. And I know a black man has to appear to the flyover states to be a respectable, flag pin wearing, church going, plain vanilla Amerikan. A black man running for president can't afford to look remotely lefty. A black man doesn't have that luxury. White america would freak out and piss their pants. But this Bayh deal bugs the crap out of me and would be code for what an Obama adminstration might be all about.

If Obama picks Bayh, The McKinney/Rosa Clemente ticket is looking pretty freaking good. Especially, if Cali isn't close.

And this is a very, very groovy Party platform :

GRASSROOTS DEMOCRACY
Every human being deserves a say in the decisions that affect their lives and not be subject to the will of another. Therefore, we will work to increase public participation at every level of government and to ensure that our public representatives are fully accountable to the people who elect them.

SOCIAL JUSTICE AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY
All persons should have the rights and opportunity to benefit equally from the resources afforded us by society and the environment. We must consciously confront in ourselves, our organizations, and society at large, barriers such as racism and class oppression, sexism and homophobia, ageism and disability, which act to deny fair treatment and equal justice under the law.

ECOLOGICAL WISDOM
Human societies must operate with the understanding that we are part of nature, not separate from nature. We must maintain an ecological balance and live within the ecological and resource limits of our communities and our planet. We support a sustainable society which utilizes resources in such a way that future generations will benefit and not suffer from the practices of our generation. .

NON-VIOLENCE
It is essential that we develop effective alternatives to society’s current patterns of violence. We will work to demilitarize, and eliminate weapons of mass destruction, without being naive about the intentions of other governments. We recognize the need for self-defense and the defense of others who are in helpless situations. We promote non-violent methods to oppose practices and policies with which we disagree, and will guide our actions toward lasting personal, community and global peace.

DECENTRALIZATION
Centralization of wealth and power contributes to social and economic injustice, environmental destruction, and militarization. Therefore, we support a restructuring of social, political and economic institutions away from a system which is controlled by and mostly benefits the powerful few, to a democratic, less bureaucratic system. Decision-making should, as much as possible, remain at the individual and local level, while assuring that civil rights are protected for all citizens.

COMMUNITY-BASED ECONOMICS AND ECONOMIC JUSTICE
We recognize it is essential to create a vibrant and sustainable economic system, one that can create jobs and provide a decent standard of living for all people while maintaining a healthy ecological balance.

FEMINISM AND GENDER EQUITY
We have inherited a social system based on male domination of politics and economics. We call for the replacement of the cultural ethics of domination and control with more cooperative ways of interacting that respect differences of opinion and gender. Human values such as equity between the sexes, interpersonal responsibility, and honesty must be developed with moral conscience. We should remember that the process that determines our decisions and actions is just as important as achieving the outcome we want.

RESPECT FOR DIVERSITY
We believe it is important to value cultural, ethnic, racial, sexual, religious and spiritual diversity, and to promote the development of respectful relationships across these lines. We believe that the many diverse elements of society should be reflected in our organizations and decision-making bodies, and we support the leadership of people who have been traditionally closed out of leadership roles. .

PERSONAL AND GLOBAL RESPONSIBILITY
We encourage individuals to act to improve their personal well-being and, at the same time, to enhance ecological balance and social harmony. We seek to join with people and organizations around the world to foster peace, economic justice, and the health of the planet.

FUTURE FOCUS AND SUSTAINABILITY
Our actions and policies should be motivated by long-term goals. We seek to protect valuable natural resources, safely disposing of or “unmaking” all waste we create, while developing a sustainable economics that does not depend on continual expansion for survival. .

If he picks Bayh, he loses this election. As we can all see, polls are showing McCain is closing, and even statistically tied, after this week of scummy, negative advertising against Obama. Obama, appears determained to reprove the Kerry experment which already proved that ignoring their sleaze doesn't work.

Personally, I think that without Biden, McCain will be our next President. I'm preparing myself for it, because I see clearly that Obama is nothing special, he's just another stupid dem. And he's going to swing right to pick someone who won't be able to stave off the McCain sleaze, and hit them back. Let me tell you - Biden has a powerful "at long last have you no shame John McCain" moment in him.

Upside - a lot of peope think this country can't be turned around in four years, and things are already set, no matter what, to get worse. People with good credit are now falling behind on their mortgages, and alarming development. If you are having trouble paying your mortgage, the first thing you stop paying is not the electric bill, and it's not the food bill - it's your credit card bill. When that collapses, we're fucked.

So, four years of that smelly, dementia-ridden nasty old fuck, but, with a strong Democratic house and senate to keep his craziest shit off the board, including Alito-like supreme court nominees. Four years later, americans are finally in such bad shape that we finally get a real, FDR-like liberal.

that's worse-case and it's short-term. Long-term, voter registration and the senate and house races, and young voters self-identifying as democrats, are all going to change the political spectrum in this country, and it's going left.

Here is why Democrats loose over and over again. THe party faithfull, if you can call them that, constantly go off saying, If the nominee does x, y, or z I aint gunna vote for him.

Republicans know they are going to vote for there guy no matter what.

Here is why Democrats loose over and over again. THe party faithfull, if you can call them that, constantly go off saying, If the nominee does x, y, or z I aint gunna vote for him.

Democrats lose over and over again because they are centrists, and centrists engender no real wave of political support because they don't stand for anything.

Obama HAD a wave of political support, then he showed his centrist face and that support has already begun to dissapate.

Democrats run from their political base .. republicans do not.

That is the difference.

I wouldn't be so sure about that Jarod. Now they may vote more faithfully than Democrats but look at McCain and the social conservatives. There is no guarantee they will turn out for McCain like they did Bush. You can look at the '92 election when many in the party turned their back on Bush Sr.

In the meantime this is all rhetoric until everyone gets into the voting booth.

oh come on. the guys not that bad for VP. Hes like less then 10 behind in Indiana. Obama could pull ahead for this state for 11 electorals.

Democrats lose over and over again because they are centrists, and centrists engender no real wave of political support because they don't stand for anything.

Obama HAD a wave of political support, then he showed his centrist face and that support has already begun to dissapate.

Democrats run from their political base .. republicans do not.

That is the difference.

Let me ask you this black, I'm seen Obama make this more centrist turn but in my observation if elected he is going to go back to being the liberal he has always been. You think if elected he is going to try and govern from the center?

If I'm a Republican, I don't want McCain to win in November. The Democrats are going to expand their majorities in both the House & Senate this fall, regardless. If McCain is President - a guy who the base doesn't really like and who gets little more than scorn from the usual rightie cheerleaders like Limbaugh & Coulter - the mid-terms in '10 could be a real disaster for the GOP. The Dems could easily set up another 40+ year run....

I couldn't care less about who Obama picks to be his running mate. I recognize full well that the pick isn't designed to please me at all.

If I'm a Republican, I don't want McCain to win in November. The Democrats are going to expand their majorities in both the House & Senate this fall, regardless. If McCain is President - a guy who the base doesn't really like and who gets little more than scorn from the usual rightie cheerleaders like Limbaugh & Coulter - the mid-terms in '10 could be a real disaster for the GOP. The Dems could easily set up another 40+ year run....

Trust me I've thought about wanting McCain not to win. I don't want his ideas to be the flag bearer of the party and sometime a party really needs to get its ass kicked to regenerate itself and come back strong. However I think one can just as easily make the argument that if McCain does win that McCain could be seen as trying to work with Democrats in Congress who don't want to reciprocate and the voters punish them in '10 to the Republicans advantage.

I find it very difficult to forsee either party having another 40 year run in the House or the Senate.

If he picks Bayh, he loses this election. As we can all see, polls are showing McCain is closing, and even statistically tied, after this week of scummy, negative advertising against Obama. Obama, appears determained to reprove the Kerry experment which already proved that ignoring their sleaze doesn't work.

Personally, I think that without Biden, McCain will be our next President. I'm preparing myself for it, because I see clearly that Obama is nothing special, he's just another stupid dem. And he's going to swing right to pick someone who won't be able to stave off the McCain sleaze, and hit them back. Let me tell you - Biden has a powerful "at long last have you no shame John McCain" moment in him.

Upside - a lot of peope think this country can't be turned around in four years, and things are already set, no matter what, to get worse. People with good credit are now falling behind on their mortgages, and alarming development. If you are having trouble paying your mortgage, the first thing you stop paying is not the electric bill, and it's not the food bill - it's your credit card bill. When that collapses, we're fucked.

So, four years of that smelly, dementia-ridden nasty old fuck, but, with a strong Democratic house and senate to keep his craziest shit off the board, including Alito-like supreme court nominees. Four years later, americans are finally in such bad shape that we finally get a real, FDR-like liberal.

that's worse-case and it's short-term. Long-term, voter registration and the senate and house races, and young voters self-identifying as democrats, are all going to change the political spectrum in this country, and it's going left.

"So, four years of that smelly, dementia-ridden nasty old fuck, but, with a strong Democratic house and senate to keep his craziest shit off the board, including Alito-like supreme court nominees. Four years later, americans are finally in such bad shape that we finally get a real, FDR-like liberal."

LOL, wow I hadn't thought of it like that. That's a great point.

I still don't know if I can stomach McCain doing nothing substantive on global warming, or appointing anti-Choice justices to the SCOTUS. That would really bum me out.

But you're right: Bayh is not only lame, but he would be another Lieberman-type VP pick. He'd let the republicans walk all over him with their sleaze.

Let me ask you this black, I'm seen Obama make this more centrist turn but in my observation if elected he is going to go back to being the liberal he has always been. You think if elected he is going to try and govern from the center?

I absolutely believe that he will attempt to govern from the center .. and from the right.

Obama is a fraud, a creation, an empty vessel that is there to serve America’s financial oligarchy. Obama has gotten twice as much money from Wall Street than has McCain and he will be beholden to the piper.

Some of what he's promoting isn't centrist, it downright right-wing. FISA, the death penalty, faith-based bullshit, warmongering in Afghanistan to protect corporate interests there, threatening Iran and Pakistan, support of right-wing zionism, on and on.

The face you see of Obama today is his real face. A wishy-washy politician who is good at delivering speeches but lacks any sense of courage or principle.

oh come on. the guys not that bad for VP. Hes like less then 10 behind in Indiana. Obama could pull ahead for this state for 11 electorals.

Listen, he’s not Kaine, and he wouldn’t be a deal-breaker for me, though I do not like him. That’s not the point.
You guys need to see what is going on. The media won’t tell you because as individuals, they have feelings for McCain. He’s their buddy. But his campaign is being run by Rove and Black. This is a Bush campaign. Bayh don’t cut it.
He needs Biden. And I’m a person who wanted a real populist like Edwards. I am telling you he needs a kick-ass. He needs the guy with the gravitas. The dems don’t have too many like that hanging around.

Back