Sen. Obama may be associated with bad people, but check out McCain.

PAt Robertson has made pleny of comments akin to those of rev. Wright... and he won some primaries and was very closesly associated with Bush Sr. The dude spent plenty a nights in the Lincon Bedroom.
He has made comments like, "We are being punished for sins."

He has not made a comment like, "Black America is the US of Black Panther A"...

Pat Robertson blamed both Katrina & 9/11 on Ellen Degeneres. Not on the entertainment industry, or on homosexuality in a broader fashion, but on Ellen specifically.

With 9/11, he said God was pissed because she was hosting the Emmy's, which were in NYC that year. With Katrina, it's because she is from New Orleans.

If I'm God, and I really have this extreme Ellen problem, I'd just smote (smite?) her down. Use a bolt of lightning, or roll a boulder out in front of her car or something. He's crazy reckless to just keep throwing these catastrophes at whole cities to try to get rid of her, or he just doesn't have as much juice as we think....

PAt Robertson has made pleny of comments akin to those of rev. Wright... and he won some primaries and was very closesly associated with Bush Sr. The dude spent plenty a nights in the Lincon Bedroom.

While I don't agree with Pat Robertson on anything religious and I don't think the portrayal of Wright is fair, I want to show you a contrast and what people are keying in on with Mr. Wright and you show me something like it from Mr. Robertson.

The government invented and/or gave the AIDS virus to black people.

We are in the US of KKK A.

Not God Bless America but God Damn America.

These are all quotes or near quotes from Mr. Wright and this is what the American people see when they hear his speeches and soundbytes from them. Rightly or wrongly ( I think wrongly), this is what they associate the man with. I know Both of these men have made statements to the effect that 9/11 happened because of our sins (you know, the chickens coming home to roost thing) and the idiot Robertson said some things about Katrina being the act of a vengful God, but can you find anything like the three quotes or near quotes from Mr. Robertson? There, I think, is the difference in the way the people and the media perceive these two men.

Pat Robertson blamed both Katrina & 9/11 on Ellen Degeneres. Not on the entertainment industry, or on homosexuality in a broader fashion, but on Ellen specifically.

With 9/11, he said God was pissed because she was hosting the Emmy's, which were in NYC that year. With Katrina, it's because she is from New Orleans.

If I'm God, and I really have this extreme Ellen problem, I'd just smote (smite?) her down. Use a bolt of lightning, or roll a boulder out in front of her car or something. He's crazy reckless to just keep throwing these catastrophes at whole cities to try to get rid of her, or he just doesn't have as much juice as we think....
lol. Ellen is really bad, but only a symbol of our sinnin' ways.

While I don't agree with Pat Robertson on anything religious and I don't think the portrayal of Wright is fair, I want to show you a contrast and what people are keying in on with Mr. Wright and you show me something like it from Mr. Robertson.

The government invented and/or gave the AIDS virus to black people.

We are in the US of KKK A.

Not God Bless America but God Damn America.

These are all quotes or near quotes from Mr. Wright and this is what the American people see when they hear his speeches and soundbytes from them. Rightly or wrongly ( I think wrongly), this is what they associate the man with. I know Both of these men have made statements to the effect that 9/11 happened because of our sins (you know, the chickens coming home to roost thing) and the idiot Robertson said some things about Katrina being the act of a vengful God, but can you find anything like the three quotes or near quotes from Mr. Robertson? There, I think, is the difference in the way the people and the media perceive these two men.

Not becuase of our sins.. Because of being accepting of Homosexuality for example.

"Just like what Nazi Germany did to the Jews, so liberal America is now doing to the evangelical Christians. It's no different. It is the same thing. It is happening all over again. It is the Democratic Congress, the liberal-based media and the homosexuals who want to destroy the Christians. Wholesale abuse and discrimination and the worst bigotry directed toward any group in America today. More terrible than anything suffered by any minority in history." –Pat Robertson

Not becuase of our sins.. Because of being accepting of Homosexuality for example.

That is Robertson's take on the matter, which, by the way, he considers to be a sin.

I think Wright's take on the matter is because of the bad treatment of minorities by the US........which he considers to be a sin.

But still, find something Robertson said that compares to the US deliberately giving the AIDS virus to a race of people or calling the nation the US of KKK A, or "not God Bless America but God Damn America." These things are what the average person keys in on in his speeches.

"I'd like to say to the good citizens of Dover: If there is a disaster in your area, don't turn to God, you just rejected him from your city. And don't wonder why he hasn't helped you when problems begin, if they begin. I'm not saying they will, but if they do, just remember, you just voted God out of your city. And if that's the case, don't ask for his help because he might not be there." --Pat Robertson, after the city of Dover, Pennsylvania voted to boot the current school board, which instituted an intelligent design policy that led to a federal trial

"Just like what Nazi Germany did to the Jews, so liberal America is now doing to the evangelical Christians. It's no different. It is the same thing. It is happening all over again. It is the Democratic Congress, the liberal-based media and the homosexuals who want to destroy the Christians. Wholesale abuse and discrimination and the worst bigotry directed toward any group in America today. More terrible than anything suffered by any minority in history." –Pat Robertson

That says nothing about the American Government doing these things.....just "liberal America." with the Democratic congress thrown in. Big difference in the eye of the general public I think.

I know Robertson is a nut but he doesn't come off as being as big of a nut as Mr. Wright to most normal folks. I think it is wrong but that is just the way it is.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=+1]If Christian people work together, they can succeed during this decade in winning back control of the institutions that have been taken from them over the past 70 years. Expect confrontations that will be not only unpleasant but at times physically bloody.... This decade will not be for the faint of heart, but the resolute. Institutions will be plunged into wrenching change. We will be living through one of the most tumultuous periods of human history. When it is over, I am convinced God's people will emerge victorious.
[SIZE=-1]-- Pat Robertson, Pat Robertson's Perspective Oct-Nov 1992[/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT]

"The Constitution of the United States, for instance, is a marvelous document for self-government by the Christian people. But the minute you turn the document into the hands of non-Christian people and atheistic people they can use it to destroy the very foundation of our society. And that's what's been happening." -- Pat Robertson, The 700 Club, Dec. 30, 1981

"How can there be peace when drunkards, drug dealers, communists, atheists, New Age worshipers of Satan, secular humanists, oppressive dictators, greedy money changers, revolutionary assassins, adulterers, and homosexuals are on top?"--Pat Robertson, The New World Order, p.227

And which of the candidates go to his church? Which one went there for 20 years? Which one brings their kids to listen to him?

I believe that if Pat Robertson said anything that could be said to be directly racist against blacks, any and all candidates would immediately reject all that he said, even though they never sat in a pew of his church.

And which of the candidates go to his church? Which one went there for 20 years? Which one brings their kids to listen to him?

This guy was spending the night in the White House.

McCain was activly seeking his endorsment.

This guy was spending the night in the White House.

McCain was activly seeking his endorsment.
Show me where McCain actively sought Robertson's endorsement. Robertson has little power left after his inane GAWD is punishing US cities rubbish.

And many people who disagree with the President spend the night at the WH.

It is silly to pretend that it is the same as spending 20 years directly in the pews.

And the "they do it too" defense is a weak defense at best.

My point is not that its okay merely just the double standard... its okay for McCain, not for Obama.

I belive it has to do with Racism. Its one thing for a white preacher to act like this... its another for a black man to be angery.

Back