Sen. Obama may be associated with bad people, but check out McCain.

Again, had any of the R candidates spent 20 years at a place listening to a white preacher spew anything at all that could be construed as directly racist, they would not be a front runner.

Again, had any of the R candidates spent 20 years at a place listening to a white preacher spew anything at all that could be construed as directly racist, they would not be a front runner.

I disagree, a man who has said things like this was a contender in a Republican primary!

My point is not that its okay merely just the double standard... its okay for McCain, not for Obama.

I belive it has to do with Racism. Its one thing for a white preacher to act like this... its another for a black man to be angery.
There is no double standard, except it appears to be okay for Obama to sit for 20 years listening to a preacher who regularly spoke against "white America" using such terms as "US of KKK A" while it would NOT be okay for any R candidate to spend 20 years listening to a white preacher say something bad about "black America".

Show me where McCain actively sought Robertson's endorsement. Robertson has little power left after his inane GAWD is punishing US cities rubbish.

And many people who disagree with the President spend the night at the WH.

It is silly to pretend that it is the same as spending 20 years directly in the pews.

It's a clear double-standard to me. People talk about "20 years in the pews." They don't know what was said for 20 years; he wasn't talking about 9/11 for 20 years. As Obama has said, the vast majority of his sermons were about scripture, Christ & the poor. The main "controversial" remarks he heard were about racism in America (hint: it exists).

"20 years in the pews." Bush, McCain & other GOP'ers know what people like Robertson & Hagee stand for, yet they still pander to them, share the stage with them, meet with them, and covet their support. People keep asking Obama, "Why didn't you ever go up to Wright after a sermon and criticize him to his face?" Republicans have had the same opportunity with their pastors & evangelical leaders.

It's a clear double-standard to me. People talk about "20 years in the pews." They don't know what was said for 20 years; he wasn't talking about 9/11 for 20 years. As Obama has said, the vast majority of his sermons were about scripture, Christ & the poor. The main "controversial" remarks he heard were about racism in America (hint: it exists).

"20 years in the pews." Bush, McCain & other GOP'ers know what people like Robertson & Hagee stand for, yet they still pander to them, share the stage with them, meet with them, and covet their support. People keep asking Obama, "Why didn't you ever go up to Wright after a sermon and criticize him to his face?" Republicans have had the same opportunity with their pastors & evangelical leaders.

People are VERY afraid of the angery black man, much more so than the WHACKO white preacher.

People do know that the pastor said what would be considered controversial things for 20 years.

In fact, in an interview with Time magazine a bit over a year before this started coming out, Rev. Wright himself spoke about how Obama would have to separate himself from the good Rev because of the types of things he said at the pulpit.

It is preposterous to pretend that Obama somehow didn't know that he would often speak like this from the pulpit, and in fact Obama said he was there when he had.

If Obama chooses Wright as his VP... I will fnid another canidate and work activly for him. Until then... Not a big deal to me.

If Obama chooses Wright as his VP... I will fnid another canidate and work activly for him. Until then... Not a big deal to me.
I figure most will.

We spend hours and hours talking about Right wing religious nuts in politics on this site. I figure this deserves at least equal billing.

I won't vote for Obama for the following reasons:

1. He does not promote a balanced budget amendment.
2. He does not propose doing anything at all about the border.
3. He does not promote the repeal of the War Powers Act.

Some others won't vote for him because of the one "US of KKK A" remark from his pastor.

I think that Wright speaking now is an attempt to inoculate the Campaign. However they are not talking about these remarks that many will consider racist.

I figure most will.

We spend hours and hours talking about Right wing religious nuts in politics on this site. I figure this deserves at least equal billing.

The Guy is a nut, but that does affect my opinion that Obama is the best choice for President out of the three choices we have.

To me it comes down to the war, and the Bush tax giveaways.

The Guy is a nut, but that does affect my opinion that Obama is the best choice for President out of the three choices we have.

To me it comes down to the war, and the Bush tax giveaways.

Some others won't vote for him because of the one "US of KKK A" remark from his pastor.

I think that Wright speaking now is an attempt to inoculate the Campaign. However they are not talking about these remarks that many will consider racist.

I still wonder if I were white and went to a church where the pastor called "Black America" the "US of Black Panther A!" if I would be able to run for President if I just said I disagreed with him on that one...
And what Racism are the black panthers responsible for? What racist policies are black americans guilty of? Have you been oppressed by the Blacks in this country? Has there been centuries of systematic government sanctions racism against your people Damo?

The thing that kills me is when Wright said God Damn America, it was in the context of the actions taken by OUR GOVERNMENT. Even white Christians believe that god's actions can be predicated on the evil that governments do. So to say that his GOD DAMN AMERICA speech was aimed at ALL of us is all sound and fury signifying NOTHING. Do you really think that the only reason they crashed their planes into us on 9-11 was because they "hate our Freedoms!". There maybe some people that are that much of a simpleton but you are not one of them Damo. In some since our chickens DID come home to roost on 9-11. It wasn't the people in the building who brought this on, but do you really pretend that our policy of blind acceptance to every act of the Isaeli government didn't have anything to do with our targeting? 50 years of supporting Israel, including their demolition of houses lived in by RELATIVES of terrorists by the Israeli government, the firing into the Mosque in Jerusalem, the second class citizen treatment of Arabs by the Israelis, the arming of Israel, all of this has made us a target. EVEN THOUGH not all of us are responsible for it.

As for his US of KKKA statement, black americans still live in a country where cops can get away with killing an unarmed man, not just the guy at his bachelor party but all over the USA. We still live in a country where blacks are more likely to comdemned to death, particularly when they kill white people. We still live in a country where being a black man driving a Lexus, or BMW is more likely to be stopped for nothing. Shit ABC once did a television article where they showed that if a black man drove in LA with a white woman sitting next to him he even more likely to get pulled over than his black brothers sitting next to a black woman. Areas in Florida, New Jersey and Maryland are either still subject to their consent decrees or just recently complied with them. Our governments State and Federal have acted like they are out to get black americans, particularly black men. So if a preacher on a certain sunday feels a little worked up, it doesn't mean that he thinks we are ALL members of the KKK. But if it helps you to feel that you have finally been a victim of racism then carry on.

Last edited:

I respect your reasons for not voting for Senator Obama.

And what Racism are the black panthers responsible for? What racist policies are black americans guilty of? Have you been oppressed by the Blacks in this country? Has there been centuries of systematic government sanctions racism against your people Damo?

The thing that kills me is when Wright said God Damn America, it was in the context of the actions taken by OUR GOVERNMENT. Even white Christians believe that god's actions can be predicated on the evil that governments do. So to say that his GOD DAMN AMERICA speech was aimed at ALL of us is all sound and fury signifying NOTHING. Do you really think that the only reason they crashed their planes into us on 9-11 was because they "hate our Freedoms!". There maybe some people that are that much of a simpleton but you are not one of them Damo. In some since our chickens DID come home to roost on 9-11. It wasn't the people in the building who brought this on, but do you really pretend that our policy of blind acceptance to every act of the Isaeli government didn't have anything to do with our targeting? 50 years of supporting Israel, including their demolition of houses lived in by RELATIVES of terrorists by the Israeli government, the firing into the Mosque in Jerusalem, the second class citizen treatment of Arabs by the Israelis, the arming of Israel, all of this has made us a target. EVEN THOUGH not all of us are responsible for it.

As for his US of KKKA statement, black americans still live in a country where cops can get away with killing an unarmed man, not just the guy at his bachelor party but all over the USA. We still live in a country where blacks are more likely to comdemned to death, particularly when they kill white people. We still live in a country where being a black mad driving a Lexus, or BMW is more likely to be stopped for nothing. Shit ABC once did a television article where they showed that if a black man drove in LA with a white woman sitting next to him he even more likely to get pulled over than his black brothers sitting next to a black woman. Areas in Florida, New Jersey and Maryland are either still subject to their consent decrees or just recently complied with them. Our governments State and Federal have acted like they are out to get black americans, particularly black men. So if a preacher on a certain sunday feels a little worked up, it doesn't mean that he thinks we are ALL members of the KKK. But if it helps you to feel that you have finally been a victim of racism then carry on.

No qestion in my mind Wright is a Racist.

This guy was spending the night in the White House.

McCain was activly seeking his endorsment.
Robertson wasn't JUST spending the night in the Whitehouse. He go a PRIVATE meeting with the president to be briefed on the invasion of Iraq. What fucking business does a minister of ANY FAITH have getting a private presidential briefing on affairs of state. Don't tell me this guy and Bush just had a passing relationship.

As for his US of KKKA statement, black americans still live in a country where cops can get away with killing an unarmed man, not just the guy at his bachelor party but all over the USA. We still live in a country where blacks are more likely to comdemned to death, particularly when they kill white people. We still live in a country where being a black man driving a Lexus, or BMW is more likely to be stopped for nothing. Shit ABC once did a television article where they showed that if a black man drove in LA with a white woman sitting next to him he even more likely to get pulled over than his black brothers sitting next to a black woman. Areas in Florida, New Jersey and Maryland are either still subject to their consent decrees or just recently complied with them. Our governments State and Federal have acted like they are out to get black americans, particularly black men. So if a preacher on a certain sunday feels a little worked up, it doesn't mean that he thinks we are ALL members of the KKK. But if it helps you to feel that you have finally been a victim of racism then carry on.
If I was white, would I be able to continue in a campaign if I went to a church that made those comments? Whether or not Obama could, as it already is clear that he can.

When did all of "White America" become equivalent to the worst and smallest part of them?

Your long-winded response notwithstanding, it has everything to do with comparing all of "Black America" with the Black Panthers, who were definitely not the best of the feet forward now were they?

Robertson wasn't JUST spending the night in the Whitehouse. He go a PRIVATE meeting with the president to be briefed on the invasion of Iraq. What fucking business does a minister of ANY FAITH have getting a private presidential briefing on affairs of state. Don't tell me this guy and Bush just had a passing relationship.
He did not stay at the WH, and they met for a few minutes in Nashville where Robertson told him to expect casualties and Bush told him that he knew there would be casualties. He did not speak with him about the plans or meet secretly with him.

This is seriously going into fantasy land now.

Robertson then told Bush he was blessed by God then went out and pretended that Bush had said there would be "No casualties" which was immediately denied by Bush. Who was nice enough to say that Robertson was "mistaken" rather than flatly say he lied.

Back