SHOCKER: Bush misled U.S. on Iraq

Jarod

Contributor
Former White House press secretary Scott McClellan writes in a new memoir that the Iraq war was sold to the American people with a sophisticated "political propaganda campaign" led by President Bush and aimed at "manipulating sources of public opinion" and "downplaying the major reason for going to war."

MSNBC.com

Why did he wait till now to say this is what was occuring? Why did he not resign at the time?

Former White House press secretary Scott McClellan writes in a new memoir that the Iraq war was sold to the American people with a sophisticated "political propaganda campaign" led by President Bush and aimed at "manipulating sources of public opinion" and "downplaying the major reason for going to war."

MSNBC.com

Yes I know. Republicans find it to be a fabulous joke, and meme for instance, has been laughing it up ever since the news hit.

Many hundreds of thousands, probably over a million people dead (I'm a "radical wingnut" which means I count non-American lives lost too. I know, I'm "crrraaazzy" that way), and Repukes have just never heard themselves such a fine joke.
hahahhahahahahahaha

Yes I know. Republicans find it to be a fabulous joke, and meme for instance, has been laughing it up ever since the news hit.

Many hundreds of thousands, probably over a million people dead (I'm a "radical wingnut" which means I count non-American lives lost too. I know, I'm "crrraaazzy" that way), and Repukes have just never heard themselves such a fine joke.
hahahhahahahahahaha

Man. "hundreds of thousands, probably over a million people dead". You crack me up!

Wheaties.....

MSNBC.com
And what was that "major reason"? I'd like to know if you all need to eat some crow and bow down to my awesome understanding, even in disagreement of the action, of the reason for this.

I'd also note that McLellan does not say they lied...

‘Selling the War’
McClellan stops short of saying that Bush purposely lied about his reasons for invading Iraq, writing that he and his subordinates were not "employing out-and-out deception" to make their case for war in 2002.

From msnbc.com...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24848910/

I'd note you didn't link to the story, probably because you read this part but wanted to pretend it didn't exist, but then I'd just be pointing out the obvious...

:D

You failed to include the next line...

"But in a chapter titled "Selling the War," he alleges that the administration repeatedly shaded the truth and that Bush "managed the crisis in a way that almost guaranteed that the use of force would become the only feasible option.""

"I'd also note that McLellan does not say they lied..."

That's the parse that Bushies have been going with for years. He employed propoganda & deception; cherrypicked the evidence; presented a misleading case to the public and fixed the intel around the policy, but he didn't actually "lie," so it's cool.

He actually did lie outright on at least one occasion, though, when he spoke about Curveball & bio-weapons labs during a State of the Union.

Scottie walking the line. Giving an image of selling out the Republicans, so that he can sell books, but really don't sell them out. Not to sure how smart people are that go for this common ruse.

I'd also note that McLellan does not say they lied...

From msnbc.com...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24848910/

I'd note you didn't link to the story, probably because you read this part but wanted to pretend it didn't exist, but then I'd just be pointing out the obvious...

:D

Count on Damo to ride to the rescue of Bush.

Bush misled us, exaggerate the threat, propagandized us to sell us on a war he already knew he wanted to have, and the facts be damned.

I don't believe I, or anyone else, ever suggested that Bush knew for a fact we wouldn't find WMD. He probably believed there were some stockpiles there. A lot of people thought that (though not everyone).

But bush exaggerated and misled about the nature of the threat, and intentionally and falsely conflated Iraq and Al Qaeda to sell his war. You should have a major problem with that.

You failed to include the next line...

"But in a chapter titled "Selling the War," he alleges that the administration repeatedly shaded the truth and that Bush "managed the crisis in a way that almost guaranteed that the use of force would become the only feasible option.""
I provided the link. I may not quote the whole story, but I'm not trying to hide the parts that didn't mesh with my title.

:rolleyes:

I have never liked the war. For reasons that I provided long before it started. Pretending that you can't remember that doesn't change it.

Count on Damo to ride to the rescue of Bush.

Bush misled us, exaggerate the threat, propagandized us to sell us on a war he already knew he wanted to have, and the facts be damned.

I don't believe I, or anyone else, ever suggested that Bush knew for a fact we wouldn't find WMD. He probably believed there were some stockpiles there. A lot of people thought that (though not everyone).

But bush exaggerated and misled about the nature of the threat, and intentionally and falsely conflated Iraq and Al Qaeda to sell his war. You should have a major problem with that.
Duh. I was the one pointing out that the "WMD" (I thought we'd find that "WMD" myself at that time) was an exaggerated threat. You all were on about how we wouldn't find it. You were right, but so was I. There would be no reason to invade because of the "WMD" because it was no real threat.

It doesn't change that the post is "lied" and the story he was afraid to link to directly says that they didn't do that.

I provided the link. I may not quote the whole story, but I'm not trying to hide the parts that didn't mesh with my title.

:rolleyes:

I have never liked the war. For reasons that I provided long before it started. Pretending that you can't remember that doesn't change it.

I never said you liked the war, merely that you left out the next part!

Duh. I was the one pointing out that the "WMD" (I thought we'd find that "WMD" myself at that time) was an exaggerated threat. You all were on about how we wouldn't find it. You were right, but so was I. There would be no reason to invade because of the "WMD" because it was no real threat.

It doesn't change that the post is "lied" and the story he was afraid to link to directly says that they didn't do that.

BTW, I provided a link... Man you are different than you used to be.

Back