Should Trump pardon the January 6 thugs?

Are you suggesting that nobody should go to jail for anything but violence?

Yes, he is. Meanwhile he also favors locking up Hillary just for being Hillary. Don’t try to rationalize MAGAt behavior. It will only make you as crazy as they are.

Many Europeans go to the Maldives, why are you so fixated on Muslims??

Night claimed that alcohol was completely banned from the Maldives. I pointed out that was not true. You claimed no tourists would go to the Maldives if it did ban alcohol. I said maybe Muslim tourists (who would in theory not want to drink alcohol), but even that seems far fetched.

Europeans drink alcohol with meals. It is difficult to get them to enjoy anything without alcohol. So if we are looking for a population that would enjoy a vacation without alcohol, Europeans are not it. Maybe American Mormons, or Fundamentalists, but they never seemed like a good demographic for selling a vacation half way around the world to.

Night claimed that alcohol was completely banned from the Maldives. I pointed out that was not true. You claimed no tourists would go to the Maldives if it did ban alcohol. I said maybe Muslim tourists (who would in theory not want to drink alcohol), but even that seems far fetched.

Europeans drink alcohol with meals. It is difficult to get them to enjoy anything without alcohol. So if we are looking for a population that would enjoy a vacation without alcohol, Europeans are not it. Maybe American Mormons, or Fundamentalists, but they never seemed like a good demographic for selling a vacation half way around the world to.

There are many tourist islands and there is no ban on them. Sadly he is totally incapable of ever conceding he might be wrong.

YOU said prohibition does not exist in the modern world.

I said federal prohibition ended, and that prohibition is not part of my life. Yes, alcohol is prohibited in Saudi Arabia, but I do not live in Saudi Arabia.

You're a liar, Sock.

I am finding the alt right is obsessed with putting words in my mouth and thoughts in my head that I do not have. When I point out that I never said or thought anything of the sort, and that it would be silly to say and think such things, I am called a liar.

"Completely banned?" Everyone I know who has gone to the Maldives has drunk heavily, and legally, so not completely banned.

Stop making up shit about yourself, Sock.

If I were to make up lies about myself, it would be more interesting than knowing people who have partied in Maldives. I am not even saying I have been to the Maldives, just to have known other people who have been.

He's a stubborn bugger alright!

There are many tourist islands and there is no ban on them. Sadly he is totally incapable of ever conceding he might be wrong.

There are other places that could be very popular with tourists, if they did not ban alcohol. The Maldives have made a decision that it is more important to make money off tourism than to completely ban alcohol.

Lebanon has a nearly 50/50 split between Muslims and Christians. The Christians even use alcohol in their religion, so would not want it banned. It is not important enough to Muslims to reignite the civil war over, so it remains legal.

There are other places that could be very popular with tourists, if they did not ban alcohol. The Maldives have made a decision that it is more important to make money off tourism than to completely ban alcohol.

Lebanon has a nearly 50/50 split between Muslims and Christians. The Christians even use alcohol in their religion, so would not want it banned. It is not important enough to Muslims to reignite the civil war over, so it remains legal.

Lebanon is famous for its wines, ITN is bullshitting again.

The soil of the Bekaa Valley is very fertile, which means that mainly French grape varieties can grow perfectly here. Lebanon has made significant progress and has thus once again put Lebanese wines on the map. L[e[/b[]ban are known worldwide and [are widely praised for their high qu and unique ta

[/,]https://drinkrituals.com/lebanese-wine/#:~:text=The soil of the Bekaa,high quality and unique taste.

Last edited:
Lebanon is famous for its wines, ITN is bullshitting again.

[FONT=&]The soil of the Bekaa Valley is very fertile, which means that mainly French grape varieties can grow perfectly here. Lebanon has made significant progress and has thus once again put Lebanese wines on the map. [/FONT][FONT=&]L[e[/b[]ban are known worldwide and [are widely praised for their high qu and unique ta

[/FONT]
[/,]https://drinkrituals.com/lebanese-wine/#:~:text=The soil of the Bekaa,high quality and unique taste.

Lebanon is diverse and multicultural, which at its best is wonderful, and at its worst is less good.

Almost half the Lebanese are Christian. Alcohol is not banned overall in Lebanon. There are small areas inside Lebanon that it is banned, but there are areas where it is very prevalent.

There are places where alcohol is banned on Sundays in the United States.

There are places where alcohol is banned on Sundays in the United States.

A lot of places will ban the sale of alcohol between the hours of 2 AM and 8 AM. Though like the ban on Sundays, it is just a ban on selling alcohol. You can still drink the alcohol you bought earlier.

Yes, he is. Meanwhile he also favors locking up Hillary just for being Hillary. Don’t try to rationalize MAGAt behavior. It will only make you as crazy as they are.

Hillary committed espionage, Sybil. MAGA isn't a person.
You can't project YOUR problem on anybody else.

Alcohol is banned in Maldives, Sybil.

I said federal prohibition ended,
No, you didn't. Don't try to deny your own post, Sybil. Anyone can read them. Goalpost fallacy.
and that prohibition is not part of my life.
It is, Sybil. Most recreational drugs are prohibited in the United States.
Yes, alcohol is prohibited in Saudi Arabia, but I do not live in Saudi Arabia.
Alcohol is not prohibited in Saudi Arabia Sybil.
I am finding the alt right is obsessed with putting words in my mouth
No, you are just trying to deny your own posts again.
and thoughts in my head that I do not have.
All the thoughts in your head, however screwed up they may be, are all YOURS, Sybil.
When I point out that I never said or thought anything of the sort, and that it would be silly to say and think such things, I am called a liar.
You can't deny your own posts, Sybil.
If I were to make up lies about myself,
No 'if'. You make up lies about yourself.
it would be more interesting than knowing people who have partied in Maldives.
Don't make up lies about yourself.
I am not even saying I have been to the Maldives, just to have known other people who have been.
Don't make up lies about yourself.

This is getting silly.
TBH, I’ve never seen a conversation with Sybil AKA Into the Night AKA gfm7175 AKA IBDaMann and, possibly, Uncensored2008, that wasn’t silly. The man has mental issues. He’s not stupid, but he’s clearly not mentally sound.

I’m surprised you stuck it out so long with him. :)

FWIW: https://www.mainlymaldives.co.uk/alcohol-in-the-maldives/
Bringing alcohol in the Maldives is strictly forbidden. The Maldives are Muslim islands and this is why alcohol is forbidden. All bags are scanned as you depart the airport and any alcohol found is confiscated. This includes any duty free you have purchased whilst in the airport or on the Plane. You will usually get your alcohol back when you leave the Maldives, but technically you are smuggling and they have the right to put you in jail. However, nearly all resort islands and live aboard boats are licensed to serve alcohol in the Maldives, often with a steep mark up.

There used to be an expatriate alcohol permit that allowed expats living in the Maldives to buy alcohol for their own use, but this is no longer in existence. The only exception, where people can drink alcohol is at the Hulhule Island Hotel, known locally as HIH or the airport hotel. Tourists are very much insulated from everyday Maldives life, where alcohol is banned and skimpy beachwear very much frowned upon. This is because they are taken straight to the resort from the airport and are immediately able to start drinking alcohol in the Maldives. They will then spend the rest of the week relaxing in blissful ignorance of the country around them. It has been this way for many years, the result of a deliberate policy of keeping the wealthy holidaymakers, most of them Westerners and many newlyweds, on uninhabited islands, keeping them separated from the local Muslim population. To completely ban alcohol in the Maldives would be a disaster for the tourist industry, which along with fishing, is the main source of income for the Maldives.

TBH, I’ve never seen a conversation with Sybil AKA Into the Night AKA gfm7175 AKA IBDaMann and, possibly, Uncensored2008, that wasn’t silly. The man has mental issues. He’s not stupid, but he’s clearly not mentally sound.

I’m surprised you stuck it out so long with him. :)

FWIW: https://www.mainlymaldives.co.uk/alcohol-in-the-maldives/

If he had said that alcohol is mostly banned for locals, he would have had a point. Instead, he claimed it was "completely banned."

We had some dry counties in Michigan that banned alcohol and some only ban it on Sunday. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_dry_communities_by_U.S._state

It is the same concept in Lebanon, except the "dry counties" are run by Hezbollah, and they brutally kill anyone who drinks.

Beirut has always had legal alcohol, and is known for its night life. Middle Easterners who do not go to Europe, can party in Lebanon, as long as they stay in the right parts of Lebanon.

Back