Should Trump pardon the January 6 thugs?

You did not bother reading the article. Kennedy made a deal to import alcohol, WHEN PROHIBITION ENDED!!!. That made him a legal importer, not a bootlegger.

Al Capone had his brother, Frank, unleashed terrorist attacks on Democratic voters in support of Republicans in the Chicago suburb of Cicero. No one had ever seen anything like it. Finally, the Cook County begged for Chicago to send police to Cicero. Police arrived too late to stop the violence during the election, but early enough to witness the tail end of the violence. Frank Capone furious that there were witnesses tried to kill the police, only to die himself.

Capone never forgave the Democrats for killing his brother, and always supported the more criminally compliant Republicans.

Nixon pardoned Jimmy Hoffa, on the promise he would surrender the Teamsters completely to organized crime. As it turned out Hoffa did not understand the deal he was making. Nixon also pardoned about 200 other key members of organized crime, and destroyed the FBI's organized crime teams.

There is no doubt that many local Democratic Party groups were infiltrated by organized crime, but the Republicans were infiltrated at the highest levels.

You can't blame the problems of the Democrats on the Republicans, Sock.

Once again, I have no problem with prohibition, because it ended decades before I was born. It ended decades before my parents were born. It is not part of the modern world.

It did not end, Sock. There are plenty of places in the United States where the sale of alcohol is still banned. In some places, even denatured alcohol is banned (such as the SDTC).
There are also several countries where alcohol is completely banned, including Yeman, Sudan, Somalia, Maldives, Libya, Kuwait, various States within India, and Brunei.

Recreational drugs, including pot, is banned in many States. They are also banned on federal land or on aircraft and most ships.
Pot is legal in some States, and the potheads often drive while high.

If you want to fuck yourself up with booze, pot, tobacco, or hard drugs, that's your business. Apparently you want them badly.

There are plenty of places in the United States where the sale of alcohol is still banned.

Fewer and fewer places these days. It is seeming more like a zoning issue, where you cannot buy alcohol is some neighborhoods, but can drive a little and get it.

That being said, everywhere I have lived has been within walking distance of alcohol. It is not my problem.

There are also several countries where alcohol is completely banned, including Yeman, Sudan, Somalia, Maldives, Libya, Kuwait, various States within India, and Brunei.

"Completely banned?" Everyone I know who has gone to the Maldives has drunk heavily, and legally, so not completely banned.

I do not live in Somalia, so again, not my problem. Somehow I think the lack of any government makes the laws unenforceable, so I guess no one's problem. The problem is the lack of a government.

Fewer and fewer places these days. It is seeming more like a zoning issue, where you cannot buy alcohol is some neighborhoods, but can drive a little and get it.

That being said, everywhere I have lived has been within walking distance of alcohol. It is not my problem.

"Completely banned?" Everyone I know who has gone to the Maldives has drunk heavily, and legally, so not completely banned.

I do not live in Somalia, so again, not my problem. Somehow I think the lack of any government makes the laws unenforceable, so I guess no one's problem. The problem is the lack of a government.

Precious few tourists would go to the Maldives if alcohol was banned!!

Precious few tourists would go to the Maldives if alcohol was banned!!

If Muslim tourists want alcohol. The reason that Muslim tourists have continued to go to Lebanon through all sorts of wars is they serve alcohol in Lebanon.

Now that more and more Gulf States are trying to get soccer championships, they are running into a problem. It turns out that Europeans want beer at their soccer games, and Gulf States do not want to publicly serve beer.

Basic economics is killing fundamentalism across the globe. Its the ultimate power of 'cancel culture'.

Basic economics is killing fundamentalism across the globe. Its the ultimate power of 'cancel culture'.
I'd attribute education more than economics to breaking people from fundamentalism.

That said, the percentage of spirituality seems to remain about the same since very few people are actual "when you're dead, you're dead" atheists.

I'd attribute education more than economics to breaking people from fundamentalism.

That said, the percentage of spirituality seems to remain about the same since very few people are actual "when you're dead, you're dead" atheists.

Fundamentalism is only one form of spirituality.

If Muslim tourists want alcohol. The reason that Muslim tourists have continued to go to Lebanon through all sorts of wars is they serve alcohol in Lebanon.

Now that more and more Gulf States are trying to get soccer championships, they are running into a problem. It turns out that Europeans want beer at their soccer games, and Gulf States do not want to publicly serve beer.

Many Europeans go to the Maldives, why are you so fixated on Muslims??

Goalpost fallacy, Sock. YOU said prohibition does not exist in the modern world. Don't try deny what you posted. You're a liar, Sock.
Stop making up shit about yourself, Sock.
Goalpost fallacy. You cannot deny your own post, Sock. You're a liar.

Alcohol is banned in Lebanon, Sock. You're a liar.

Back